Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 10:37 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,964,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
comfort.
Laziness? Low self esteem?

Old 03-30-2017, 10:50 AM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBall View Post
I'm from Denver, and ladies here wear active gear/spandex as their everyday wardrobe. I took a weekend trip to Crested Butte Colorado, walking through the town I literally was the only woman wearing jeans. I've traveled to a few places in the Midwest recently and did not see the trend in wardrobe there. In fact, I had a layover in the Nashville airport, saw a women in active gear and took a guess that she would be on my flight back to Denver...sure enough, I was right.
Is this a fashion trend seen in other cities?
I just saw this in my town; it looked like a tourist couple, and the woman was wearing bright turquoise thin leggings or tights, with a turquoise top or light jacket, so she thought it was an "outfit". But she looked to be in her late 50's, was significantly overweight, and the thin spandex showed all the bulgy cellulite in her legs. It was unsightly. These were not leggings designed to look like pants or anything like that. They looked like some lightweight tights dancers would wear.

So, this is the new thing? Our local residents don't dress like that. (We're just south of CO.) I guess it means we're blissfully behind the times.

Old 03-30-2017, 12:50 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,881,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
There is really a 'War on Women' beginning in America, and some of the most effective warriors will be the millions of uptight, frumpy, conservative women that are afraid or indoctrinated against claiming a more progressive femininity. I fully expect to see threads decrying legally mandated dress codes for women across America, but by then it will be far too late. At least I had a few decades of being able to see the regular occurrence of hotties in yoga pants out and about. I wonder which will be more healthy for feminine body parts, spandex or carbon fiber body armor...
Are you talking about the "fake news"/social warriors that are spreading disinformation view tweets and facebook?

There is a good example of the fake news "war on women" disinformation here:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/curre...-women-12.html

Long thread...skip over the moral outrage and get to page 10 or 12 where the truth and agenda starts becoming more clear...

Old 03-30-2017, 12:53 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,367,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
There is really a 'War on Women' beginning in America, and some of the most effective warriors will be the millions of uptight, frumpy, conservative women that are afraid or indoctrinated against claiming a more progressive femininity. I fully expect to see threads decrying legally mandated dress codes for women across America, but by then it will be far too late. At least I had a few decades of being able to see the regular occurrence of hotties in yoga pants out and about. I wonder which will be more healthy for feminine body parts, spandex or carbon fiber body armor...
Am I reading this right that your definition of the "war on women" has to do with jealous crones keeping you from objectifying babes in workout clothes? That's a...different take.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:33 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,335,318 times
Leggings, or any other tight stretchable pants are basically panty hose that are legal to wear around. If it shows your actual outline of what your body looks like then I don't think it should be warn to work, unless your work is in a gym somewhere.

Old 03-30-2017, 03:54 PM

17,294 posts, read 22,013,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
women just thinking they look better in spandex.
Bingo!

Old 03-30-2017, 05:17 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,160,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Laziness? Low self esteem?
Comfort. Do you not know what comfort means?

Old 03-30-2017, 05:18 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,160,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Leggings, or any other tight stretchable pants are basically panty hose that are legal to wear around. If it shows your actual outline of what your body looks like then I don't think it should be warn to work, unless your work is in a gym somewhere.
Wasn't the OP in a tourist town in Colorado, not at work?

Old 03-30-2017, 05:48 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,862,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Comfort. Do you not know what comfort means?
Spandex and leggings don't seem anymore comfortable than sweatpants, but it's hard to go around showing your ass in sweatpants.

That's all the meaning in the disagreement, it's the answer that its about the comfort factor.

It seems like some look at themselves in the mirror after their first experience in spandex and think: "my God how amazing I look! Im just like Olivia Newton John in Grease!" It's an excuse for people who don't look good in other clothes. Who would want to try and fit their extra large butt or gut in jeans when they can fit it ALL in a size medium stretch pants? Never worry about zippers and waist bands again.

This is the use of leggings and spandex I'm talking about. Drawstrings and pockets aren't on these. They're​ def not going to fall down.

I think those pantyhose with the all in one French cut underwear at the top made me look great, especially with black pumps. If I threw on a cardigan and ran out the door, no, no one can actually SEE my private parts, just the outline. I think this'll be great for 'just running errands'. Hey, I'm picking up the kids, this is just comfortable for me now. Anyone furrowing their brow at me in my comfy new outfit must be jealous.

In other words, wear what you want, I don't want have to look at your ass though, fair enough?

Old 03-30-2017, 08:15 PM

8,168 posts, read 6,920,059 times
This may explain it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q437SK-j0zk

squeezin' it all in.

"I wanna be on TV"

Last edited by .sparrow.; 03-30-2017 at 08:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty