Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2017, 11:33 PM

844 posts, read 1,440,886 times

Advertisements

I think their comfortable

Old 04-02-2017, 11:50 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,007,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Of course they are at liberty to wear what they want. But people who wear the kind of outfits we've been discussing here will be made fun of, but not usually directly to that person's face. However, people do notice. DH will say, did you see that?!!!?? He is a polite man but does laugh out loud.
How old are you that you make fun of people based on the type of pants they choose to wear? Seriously, laughing out loud at people in public? No, that is not something that a polite person would do. I'd be more embarrassed to be seen with someone who "laughed out loud" at other people then I would be if I were with a 500 lb woman in yoga pants.

Old 04-02-2017, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
The comment was in regard to tight yoga pants and no underwear? I didn't say they get a pass, I said women dont applaud and get happy seeing mens body parts in the same way men do about women. Maybe you like to look at genitals every chance you get.
The OP said nothing about tight yoga pants and no underwear. Plenty of men are free balling it in track pants and basketball shorts. No, I'm not the type of person who likes to look at genitals every chance I get (), so I just look away and move on.

Quote:
I don't care to, and wouldn't follow one down the street making noises and comments about it.
Glad to know you don't harass people on the streets, but I'm not sure what that has to do with this thread.

Old 04-03-2017, 12:09 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,860,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
The OP said nothing about tight yoga pants and no underwear. Plenty of men are free balling it in track pants and basketball shorts. No, I'm not the type of person who likes to look at genitals every chance I get (), so I just look away and move on.
Glad to know you don't harass people on the streets, but I'm not sure what that has to do with this thread.
I was responding to another poster. The OP said nothing about track pants and basketball shorts, if you would like her to reiterate, for the third time it was athletic gear / spandex.
It isn't necessary for me to have a separate side discussion with you on my every comment and also explain why men behave more excitedly at the sight of women's private parts than women do, again, in response to another poster.

Old 04-03-2017, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
The OP said nothing about track pants and basketball shorts, if you would like her to reiterate, for the third time it was athletic gear / spandex.
Yes athletic gear, which covers much more then just yoga pants. But it seems like, for most posters, yoga pants are the only thing they have an issue with. Which I find strange. I would think if someone thought yoga pants made a person look like a lazy slob, they wouldn't like any active wear. I can't think of any active wear that makes a person look polished and put together.

The OP didn't even mention yoga pants, so I'm not sure why you think that is the only thing that should be discussed.

Old 04-03-2017, 06:21 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times
I don't mind seeing women in leggins or work out clothes....if you've sweat off that great looking body, you've earned it babe!

What I hate seeing is women who are obese, wearing stuff they shouldn't wear....now that creeps me out.

But if you've got the body, flaunt it....who cares? Really?

Old 04-03-2017, 06:30 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Yes athletic gear, which covers much more then just yoga pants. But it seems like, for most posters, yoga pants are the only thing they have an issue with. Which I find strange. I would think if someone thought yoga pants made a person look like a lazy slob, they wouldn't like any active wear. I can't think of any active wear that makes a person look polished and put together.

The OP didn't even mention yoga pants, so I'm not sure why you think that is the only thing that should be discussed.
"Yoga pants" in this thread is simply a term to cover all the general type of clinging, tight fitting athletic clothing.

Old 04-03-2017, 06:44 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,566,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
There are a ton of reasons why...

It's an easy look to pull off. Shower, ponytail or topknot, minimal makeup, yoga pants and top, out the door...neater-looking than pajama pants, easier than a dressier outfit. Works for someone who is very busy, very tired or in a big hurry..

It's comfortable.

For some, it's very figure-flattering.

Are those enough reasons? *eyeroll*
aside from the bolded (which is the reason from the women i know they deny that is the reason they wear them) why not just wear jogging pants ?

Old 04-03-2017, 07:15 AM

4,558 posts, read 5,408,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
aside from the bolded (which is the reason from the women i know they deny that is the reason they wear them) why not just wear jogging pants ?
Not as comfortable.
Not as form flattering.
Looks sloppy.

Leggings seem to be the jogging pants of choice now for most women. When I go out on my morning runs, I dont think I see any women out in "jogging pants". Leggings seem to be the choice for everyone. Plus, if you look at this Nike website you'll see that they make/sell ZERO "joggers / sweatpants" for women - Women's Running Pants & Tights. Nike.com

Even here, the majority of women's workout/running pants are tights/leggings - http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/...spants+menurrs

I think the OP and those who share her views should just move on with their complaints about women who wear these types of clothes everyday. I think anyone who complains about the choices others make in their attire should just shut up or move to a country where there is no freedom.

Where I live, most people are active, so really its kinda less likely to see a woman in something other than leggings than one wearing them. Only exception is if they are going to the office (work clothes) or if they are older and not active.

Old 04-03-2017, 08:14 AM

1,299 posts, read 822,293 times
All those "yoga pant fail" type stories always show photos of women inappropriately wearing pantyhose and tights (which are thinner fabric for under skirts/dresses) as outerwear. Those are not yoga pants, or athletic wear. So freaking out about how horrible women are for wearing yoga pants in public yet using those examples is the real fail.

I have boot cut yoga pants that only differ from dress pants in the fabric they are made of - just as thick, but the yoga pants are moisture wicking, and the dress pants are more dressy fabrics. As a short, short legged woman, I am never going to wear baggy pants, those look ridiculous on me. Form fitting bottoms, loose tops. At work, I have to wear scrubs, and even those I tailor the legs to be less flappy.

And for all the pearl clutching over how no one ever wore stuff like this 10 years ago or whatever - they've been around since the advent of spandex in the 80s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.