U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 12:58 AM

4,091 posts, read 5,507,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I've used BB cream (Revlon) for several years instead of regular foundation. I like how it evens out the color of my skin without masking it. It is oily. The finish is not matte, but I would not call it dewy. I have liked it on my my older dry skin though.

I like Revlon makeup because I get a better match for my light peachy skin than I have found with any other brand, including the new L'Oréal line. I recommend selecting for color and skin compatility before any other characteristic.
I just tried some BB creams after seeing them in the stores and (still) having no idea what "BB" stands for and where they came from. Anyway, I bought a L'Oréal and a Revlon, both in medium shades. I thought they were just moisturizers. However, they both add color like a foundation...so I don't know what the point is. But I can say, the Revlon looks very dewy and is good for days when I'm going without foundation. In fact, I have even been using it OVER my foundation/powder to give a dewy finish without being too shimmery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2017, 03:26 AM

3,463 posts, read 2,301,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I just tried some BB creams after seeing them in the stores and (still) having no idea what "BB" stands for and where they came from. Anyway, I bought a L'Oréal and a Revlon, both in medium shades. I thought they were just moisturizers. However, they both add color like a foundation...so I don't know what the point is. But I can say, the Revlon looks very dewy and is good for days when I'm going without foundation. In fact, I have even been using it OVER my foundation/powder to give a dewy finish without being too shimmery.
This might help explain it (a little anyway LOL)
The Difference Between BB, CC and DD Creams - Fashionista

BB doesn't actually stand for anything. There are BB, CC and soon to be DD and possibly EE and FF down the road. There are common factors or objectives with all of the different brands of BBs, CCs, etc, however the bottom line is you still need to watch all of the ingredients in each different brand and hence, you may need to try out various brands of each before you find what you are looking for or before you give up on one brand.

Old 04-07-2017, 12:41 PM

11,090 posts, read 6,596,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn-fused View Post
BB doesn't actually stand for anything.
BB stands for beauty balm.

Old 04-07-2017, 12:46 PM

21,474 posts, read 22,729,691 times
Quote:
I thought they were just moisturizers. However, they both add color like a foundation...so I don't know what the point is.
The main point is that they're supposed to be a multi-purpose beauty balm--moisturizer plus tint plus sunscreen plus vitamins/antioxidants. CC is "color corrector" which adds ingredients that tone down redness or sallowness.

Old 04-07-2017, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
BB stands for beauty balm.
Okay, so perhaps I worded that wrong or used the wrong term. 'Beauty balm' is such a broad term and very nondescript and could mean almost anything. And all BB creams are not created equal. Sure, they all have a couple of common factors but different brands could (and most likely do especially if they are patented) have different ingredients and amounts of each ingredient. So keep trying if one BB brand may not be working for you because it all depends on each individual's skin type, objectives, etc.

Old 04-07-2017, 05:01 PM

11,090 posts, read 6,596,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn-fused View Post
And all BB creams are not created equal. Sure, they all have a couple of common factors but different brands could (and most likely do especially if they are patented) have different ingredients and amounts of each ingredient. So keep trying if one BB brand may not be working for you because it all depends on each individual's skin type, objectives, etc.
Couldn't that be said for any makeup item? You could just as easily say all that about mascara.

All mascaras are not created equal. Sure they all have a couple of common factors, but different brands could have different ingredients and amounts of each ingredient. So keep trying if one mascara brand may not be working for you because it all depends on each individual's skin type, objectives, etc.

Does that mean mascara doesn't mean anything?

Old 04-08-2017, 04:45 PM

23,945 posts, read 31,164,080 times
Not sure what "dewy" even means, as far as the face.

Old 04-12-2017, 02:47 AM

2,121 posts, read 1,064,186 times
I have used Pond's Dry Skin Creme for years. Also use Cover Girl foundation, after going big-time with some expensive foundations and found Cover Girl looked just as good, for a not-so-thick look.

I enjoyed this thread because I've just realized (a bit stupid, I guess) that I could mix my Ponds and my Cover Girl together (duh) to do the job in one go instead of two gos, especially since I'm lazy and don't always get to the foundation. Does this seem like it would work? My aging skin is getting some color variations here and there and doesn't look as nice as it used to.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:48 AM

14,529 posts, read 11,510,517 times
Quote:
Im looking for a new light coverage foundation but without parabens sulphats, phthaltes etc and water based , does this come near it... Ive never heard of the product but have very senstive skin and a chemical illness so I have to be very careful would you check for me what the ingredients are.. thanks.

Old 04-12-2017, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Im looking for a new light coverage foundation but without parabens sulphats, phthaltes etc and water based , does this come near it... Ive never heard of the product but have very senstive skin and a chemical illness so I have to be very careful would you check for me what the ingredients are.. thanks.
Here is an article with a lot of paraben, sulphate and phthalate-free makeup brands:
https://www.ecoamigable.com/paraben-free-makeup-brands/

And Target carries a number of them as well:
Target : Expect More. Pay Less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or