U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 02:01 PM

4,240 posts, read 3,032,954 times

Advertisements

I don't think you should look like you're just dressed nicely, but you should look like a bride. Marriage is not something that happens everyday, so make your look very bridal.

Of the dresses you chose, I like https://www.jjshouse.com/A-Line-Prin...8056884-g56884 in ivory.

I like the following shoes for that dress:
Menbur 'Ana' Bridal Sandal (Women) | Nordstrom
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/badgley-...FcaPswodAf4KVg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2017, 02:25 PM
Status: "I cannot wait for the heat to break..." (set 7 days ago)

20,368 posts, read 25,504,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Are you looking for something that looks bridal, or are you just going for a decent dress that you could wear again?

I'd look at J.Crew, Ann Taylor, or maybe even Land's End might have something.
I would like to look a little like a bride and not just dressed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
Out of all those I loved the sheath most, but think it would be difficult to get in & out of helicopter with it.

For helicopter I liked this best, https://www.jjshouse.com/A-Line-Prin...8056884-g56884
Pick color that goes with your skin tone & brings out your eyes. I liked the blush pink.

Also you might want another dress to wear on the trip & could pick somethimg more casual but still more dressed up than usual.

I like the sheath also. I think the blush pink is pretty. I'll need to try some dresses on and have someone give me opinions on colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyPl1 View Post
Steinberg and white house black market
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
I don't think you should look like you're just dressed nicely, but you should look like a bride. Marriage is not something that happens everyday, so make your look very bridal.

Of the dresses you chose, I like https://www.jjshouse.com/A-Line-Prin...8056884-g56884 in ivory.

I like the following shoes for that dress:
Menbur 'Ana' Bridal Sandal (Women) | Nordstrom
Badgley Mischka 'Giana' Satin d'Orsay Pump (Women) | Nordstrom
Yes I would like to be more of a bride than just dressed up. Love the shoes but they are too high for me

Old 04-07-2017, 02:35 PM

4,554 posts, read 2,026,312 times
Might be a good idea to rethink 'SATIN'. When sitting, it gets really deep wrinkle lines and that ruins the look.

Also, looked on Pinterest and saw the most amazing bridal dresses (all lengths). Try this:

https://goo.gl/images/03xIKJ

https://www.pinterest.com/explore/older-bride/

Fun looking!

Old 04-07-2017, 02:39 PM

1,326 posts, read 530,027 times
Don't hold off going to places like David's bridal. They have more than bride and bridesmaid fancy dresses. Look for something looser in the hips but not so loose that the helicopter blows up your skirt.

Old 04-07-2017, 02:44 PM

19,043 posts, read 10,066,076 times
I like Nordstrom for dresses. They have bridal but those are pretty much all gowns. You can also check out the regular dresses - a lot are way too casual, but some could work.

Dresses: Cocktail & Maxi Dresses | Nordstrom (I did a sort for white and knee or midi length, but you could re-do the filters for whatever you want)

I love this one

Ellen Tracy Windowpane Organza Fit & Flare Dress (Regular & Petite) | Nordstrom

Old 04-07-2017, 02:51 PM

21,472 posts, read 22,718,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I like Nordstrom for dresses. They have bridal but those are pretty much all gowns. You can also check out the regular dresses - a lot are way too casual, but some could work.

Dresses: Cocktail & Maxi Dresses | Nordstrom (I did a sort for white and knee or midi length, but you could re-do the filters for whatever you want)

I love this one

Ellen Tracy Windowpane Organza Fit & Flare Dress (Regular & Petite) | Nordstrom
I like that Ellen Tracy, too.

Also this one: Tahari Floral Embroidered Tea Length Dress (Regular & Petite) | Nordstrom

Old 04-07-2017, 04:45 PM

3,877 posts, read 4,577,670 times
Actually, having a bit of trouble getting in and out of the helicopter may be worth it, versus not worrying about the helicopter wash flinging your skirt up over your head going to & from the chopper. I'd go for the sheath or column dresses, myself.

Old 04-07-2017, 05:33 PM

1,306 posts, read 550,591 times
I love the dress from the bold link. Very pretty!

Old 04-08-2017, 06:58 AM
Status: "I cannot wait for the heat to break..." (set 7 days ago)

20,368 posts, read 25,504,773 times
Thanks again for your responses and help.

To the OP who said my profile said I'm married??? And??? We have known each other over 40 years, been together over 20....yeah we are in our hearts already married. Just need to legalize things.

Old 04-08-2017, 07:06 AM

3,209 posts, read 2,816,017 times
I'm a fan of Dillards. I've also seen some really nice dresses at Macy's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty