Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 07:43 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,541,770 times

Advertisements

Totally use CeraVe, all their products. Love 'em.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 01:25 PM

48,524 posts, read 34,843,322 times
The basics: retin-a, vitamin c, glycolic acid. Pure ingredient or a quantifiable amount.

The rest is build around that, so lots of moisture. Cleansing oils, hydration, and moisture oils. Fill in with hylauronic (sp), scrubs, masks, kinerase etc.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-13-2017, 05:46 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,369,217 times
I use 3Lab's cleanser, toner, super "H" serum, M cream, and WW eye cream. I love the line. I haven't worn foundation or concealer in several months, which I rarely wore anyway. I use an SPF when I go outside.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:50 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
I'm sorry, but I just keep thinking of the line from the late 90's movie The Truth About Cats and Dogs, where the main character is getting schooled by a department store makeup counter employee about her nonexistent skin care routine:

Quote:
Cosmetics Saleslady: We also have this new face cream which neutralizes the free radicals that attack the skin. Let me ask you: what's your skin regime?

Dr. Abby Barnes: My regime? The regime from which the radicals are trying to get free? Are we selling face cream or staging a coup?
It really works best in Janeane Garofalo's voice.

The same woman is trying to sell her on a pore minimizer, and her response is, "I’d like a pore maximizer if you have one. Sometimes you just wanna put loose change somewhere, or keys.”

Love it.

Old 04-14-2017, 03:03 PM

1,517 posts, read 1,665,735 times
I have combo skin. I wash twice daily with a creamy cleanser, apply Skinceuticals CF Phloretin serum, and moisturize. I try to remember to exfoliate 3x times weekly, but I'm very inconsistent.

Old 04-14-2017, 04:33 PM

136 posts, read 210,976 times
I use generic hemorrhoids pads as a toner. Bought some for my college aged daughter who said I am not going to use that. It's just witch hazel I told her and you don't have to worry about having cotton balls. A couple of weeks later she told me she loves it because they are large and a couple will wipe your entire upper back which I told her to do after a shower because hair conditioner makes her break out. I also love CeraVe moisturizing cream for normal to dry skin. It is soft and has no added fragrances to irritate your skin. It moisturizers and easily removes eye make-up. Daughter loves it because she told me when she uses Nair on her face and privates it does not cause any irritation at all.

Old 04-14-2017, 04:40 PM

1,658 posts, read 1,256,490 times
I use Dickinson's Witch Hazel toner for my face.

Old 04-14-2017, 08:33 PM

44,355 posts, read 20,059,784 times
I've been very fortunate to have a nice complexion my entire life. I use only plain water to clean my face. I use Clinique makeup, including their Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion and Even Better liquid foundation to even out the color or my skin. I use Clinique's Eye Makeup Solvent to remove mascara and then wash my face with plain water, using a facecloth.

The only times I've ever used soap or other cleansers on my face have been on a handful of occasions when I received some freebies in gift-with-purchase promotions. I tried the products once or twice and did not see any advantage over plain water. My complexion was clear when I was a teenager and it's still clear 40+ years later. My skin is still soft and I have a lot fewer wrinkles than many women my age.

I think it helps that the foundation I wear is SPF 15. I've always been careful to use sun block on any exposed skin when I go outdoors on a sunny day.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 04-18-2017, 01:44 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,254,712 times
Default Beauty related - skincare routine

Can you guys share your skincare routine?

I want to add something extra to my routine. All i do is wash my face with a Nuetrogena cleanser AM and PM and then i use a prescription for acne at night (clindomycine i believe it is, not sure on the spelling there lol).

Sometimes after I wash my face I feel like there is still dirt i could get off... as if it doesn't feel 100% clean. I was thinking of adding a toner, but not sure if that will achieve what i'm searching for.

The other thing is i have acne-prone skin. So a lot of the times i will try something new and i just end up breaking out. Perfect example - i recently tried the Vitamin C serum which everyone was raving about - totally broke me out. i stopped using it and my skin cleared up right away. so I am hesitant to add anything but i would like to, especially since i'm approaching 30.

thanks!

Mod note: This thread-starting post has been merged into an existing thread on the same topic.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-18-2017 at 03:00 PM..

Old 04-19-2017, 09:50 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,646,355 times
SUNBLOCK every day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty