U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 11:02 PM

711 posts, read 387,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Nothing makes me happier then hearing about someone who is a really in a horrible situation who starts to turn their life around. I love when those under dog come up ahead of the pack. I am still rooting for her. With the weight loss she is also having deal with her emotional issues. In turn I think changes she is making are going to inspire other people in her famiy and in similar situations to makes some positive changes.

Hearing about this situation reminds me that all things are possible and to achieve then you often just have to tune out the haters and get to work.
With all due respect klm, people who see her as an underdog are a part of her audience. A larger share of that audience are people who see her and the family as a simple train wreck and think "well, at least we're not THAT bad".

She's sold her children and her life for a quick buck. Now she's selling her body. To each their own - but I can't work up a lot of empathy here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2017, 11:31 AM

984 posts, read 396,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NextStage View Post
She's sold her children and her life for a quick buck. Now she's selling her body. To each their own - but I can't work up a lot of empathy here.
I can't rep you again, but this is one heck of an insight here.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:48 AM

5,627 posts, read 4,635,095 times
so? she had surgery. Normal non famous people do too.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:50 AM

35,817 posts, read 39,346,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
so? she had surgery. Normal non famous people do too.
Normal nonfamous people don't parlay surgery into a reality TV option and cash grab, though.

She's famous because, and only because, she exploits her kids.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:57 AM

9,486 posts, read 13,339,114 times
Meh, not much different than Kardashian, Hilton, Housewives of whatever, except that she is (or rather was) poor and probably easier for the average low to moderate income person to relate to. I do think there are a lot more people who look at her and her family and think that 'there but for the grace of god...'
And for whoever made the comment about how the money is being used, all the kids have trust funds they can't touch until they are twenty one.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:10 PM

6,754 posts, read 3,356,692 times
Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
She's a wealthy women who initially got wealthy by exploiting her children for $$$.

I'm not sure she fits my personal definition of "underdog," simply because prior to a gastric sleeve and extensive surgery, she happened to be obese.
Wealthy woman ? By who's standards? She did not look wealthy before Honey Boo Boo.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:12 PM

35,817 posts, read 39,346,783 times
That's the entire point. She amassed wealth by pimping out her toddler on realty TV...I fail to see how she's in any regard an underdog.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:16 PM

Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextStage View Post
With all due respect klm, people who see her as an underdog are a part of her audience. A larger share of that audience are people who see her and the family as a simple train wreck and think "well, at least we're not THAT bad".

Talk about looking at the same situation so differently. All I see when I see that family is a totally lack of exposure to the rest of the world. I see a woman and a family that were a total train wreck. People usually watched the show to poke fun or laugh at how pathetic and odd the family was. It was not like wow I want to be them... more like wow I never want to be like that.

If given the opportunity lots of people who grab at it.

Most people in her situation would beg for the opportunity to have a total make over. She had gotten a rate opportunity to make an epic physical life change. Hopefully she makes the most of this opportunity.... but most people are not lucky enough to walk in to these opportunities.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:20 PM

Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDancer View Post
I can't rep you again, but this is one heck of an insight here.
Are you guys kidding me? What better opportunities would her family have if it was not for that show? They would be in the same trashy horrible situation .... but with less money and less chance to possible see what else life has to offer out of the hole-in-the-wall patch in the USA they live. Oh wait wasn't Mama June working on her PHD in Chemistry before the family the Honey Boo Boo show contract . She would be totally stupid to turn down that offer in my books. That family has nothing else going for them.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:25 PM

Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Normal nonfamous people don't parlay surgery into a reality TV option and cash grab, though.

She's famous because, and only because, she exploits her kids.
So are a lot of other people lol.

ex the entire Kardashian family .... last time I checked things were going a lot better for them than most people.

If there are any TV scout of there ... sign me up for the next make over!!!!! I would be more then happy to get my average look status bumped to super model status if someone wants to foot the bill and film it. Even better if on top of it I walk off with a huge cheque. People do a lot more degrading things for a lot less.

Regardless I can not even imagine how anyone can deny that she does actually look 100% better then before the weight loss.... which was that focus of this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or