U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 08:48 AM

21,164 posts, read 22,182,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Interesting you say this because she reminds me of Anna Nicole Smith in terms of her teeth and facial features now.

I understand the trailer park trash comment..... but this is like a whole enter re-birth for her. People are the product of their environment. How can you expect her to have been much better considering where she is from? At least now she is being exposed to more ... and who knows what could happen. I am excited for her. It is seriously like a Cinderella store or like that Character in My Fair Lady. I don't think this make over is only a physical one. She probably has a life coach working with her as well or something like that.
I'm unfamiliar with the show or it's characters but it's pretty tacky to use someone else's wedding as an event to draw attention to yourself. I get it's a reality show and they get paid for it but that's pretty "ugly" behavior regardless of anyone's physical appearance. Perhaps she needs to work on her inside as much as her outside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2017, 09:28 AM

3,229 posts, read 1,508,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Even with surgery, that kind of transformation takes a ton of effort and commitment.
This is so true. I had stomach stapling before it was cool 34 years ago. You still have to watch what sorts of foods are consumed. I have to monitor myself all these years later.

As far as her surgeries, I can also relate. I've had a few myself relative to weight loss. Best money I ever spent and wears well to this day.

I am more concerned for her child. Honey Boo Boo is so obese, and there doesn't seem any effort to reduce her weight. That saddens me terribly.

Old 04-11-2017, 09:39 AM

3,432 posts, read 2,919,046 times
Quote:
I have seen some of her new photos and WOW!!
Forget about your possible personal dislikes towards her.
What a change !

Good for her! Money and effort well spent!
Nope. Title of the should should have been "From Not, to STILL not hot, but just not as fat". I have friends who went under the knife to lose weight, and good for them. It probably saved their lives, so in that sense, in terms of her not dying and leaving her non-father-in-their-lives-having kids totally parentless (except for Alana who has Sugar Bear and his new wife as her "new" mom), its good that she did something about her high speed journey spiraling towards death. Actually, we all KNOW that she didnt do it because of her health, she did it because she wanted to get back at Sugar Bear, and she wanted to upstage the bride at her own wedding. This was PURELY for vanity reasons and NOTHING else. So I never want to hear or read any threads where you guys who applaud her, say anything negative about someone like Zuzana/Zuzka Light (or any pretty woman) who got their breasts augmented.

But you know, she will always be ugly on the inside. I know the people who like her and support her are EXACTLY like her so they feel like defending her is like they are defending themselves, but she is just a horrible mom, a horrible lady, and just..........UGH!!

We all know that the next incarnation of this show is going to be surgeries for Honey Boo Boo who herself is at LEAST 200 lbs overweight. Now, as a parent and a person who loves kids, I really really really really hope someone does something for her to get her off the horrible path she is on. Its a shame that a kid so young can be so severely and morbidly obese. I blame her mother for that though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I'm not really sold on the effort part.
Zero effort. All the effort was put in by her manager and the producers of the show. The only "EFFORT" it takes for someone to do what she did is the difficulty in writing the check for the surgery and resisting eating crappy food all day long every day. REAL effort is when people do it the RIGHT way by exercising and eating right. You cannot compare the "effort" of someone who has liposuction, bodyfat removal, tummy tuck, gastric bypass, floppy skin removal, breast augmentation, facelift, teeth reconstruction and hair extensions, to someone who chooses to eat right and exercise daily. You just CANT. The word EFFORT should not even be used here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
You can put lipstick on a pig......
Exactly.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:23 AM

26,914 posts, read 28,270,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Zero effort. All the effort was put in by her manager and the producers of the show. The only "EFFORT" it takes for someone to do what she did is the difficulty in writing the check for the surgery and resisting eating crappy food all day long every day. REAL effort is when people do it the RIGHT way by exercising and eating right. You cannot compare the "effort" of someone who has liposuction, bodyfat removal, tummy tuck, gastric bypass, floppy skin removal, breast augmentation, facelift, teeth reconstruction and hair extensions, to someone who chooses to eat right and exercise daily. You just CANT. The word EFFORT should not even be used here.
Exactly.
A friend of a friend had gastric bypass surgery and it was not a cakewalk. In addition to the surgery, she needed to change her eating habits to match the new stomach size. This required lots of planning and meal prep. In addition to that she works out 1-2 hours a day 5-6 days a week. So she worked (works) really hard for her results. She didn't take the easy route by any means.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:41 AM

1,810 posts, read 1,253,228 times
I don't like how she treats her personal trainer AT ALL.. I tuned in once about 2012-13? Then my daughter had it on twice recently for the big change. She is still rude and devoid of any manners .
She had no business at her ex's wedding whatsoever and it's really not right to reward her sleeping/living with (whatever) the same molester who assaulted her own daughter with anything. Much less the total makeover/new house etc..there are SO many more deserving people out there that could really use those services and honestly be grateful.

Last edited by DutchessCottonPuff; 04-11-2017 at 11:02 AM..

Old 04-11-2017, 10:49 AM

16,724 posts, read 13,750,054 times
Quote:
I have seen some of her new photos and WOW!!
Forget about your possible personal dislikes towards her.
What a change !

Good for her! Money and effort well spent!

Mama June shocks by dropping into Sugar Bear's wedding | Daily Mail Online
She crashed her ex's wedding. Still trashy.

Old 04-11-2017, 12:00 PM

10,132 posts, read 9,374,295 times
She's still trash. Just not obese trash.

Old 04-11-2017, 12:14 PM

27,456 posts, read 15,144,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I'm unfamiliar with the show or it's characters but it's pretty tacky to use someone else's wedding as an event to draw attention to yourself. I get it's a reality show and they get paid for it but that's pretty "ugly" behavior regardless of anyone's physical appearance. Perhaps she needs to work on her inside as much as her outside.
Since this is all televised with the permission of all parties, certainly the ex and his bride are in on the act and the money. They are shown often in the show and obviously have given their blessing for this silliness to go forward.

Old 04-11-2017, 12:18 PM

34,789 posts, read 42,936,199 times
Quote:

That a pretty ignorant comment.
She is not a pig ... she is a person.
There is no comparison.
She has a whole new shot at life.
Who knows what will happen.
This is a total life changing experience.
Come on. She might look better, but she is still an ignorant, low class person, and in my view a terrible mother. Her child still is as fat as ever, so how come June didn't share whatever better nutrition she learned with her daughter?

Last edited by gentlearts; 04-11-2017 at 12:27 PM..

Old 04-11-2017, 12:22 PM

4,844 posts, read 1,569,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
She crashed her ex's wedding. Still trashy.
It's a television show. A show. She gets paid to do this and HE gets paid to LET HER.

It's a business. It's NOT REAL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or