U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-11-2017, 01:03 PM
 
Location: Toronto
6,754 posts, read 3,359,240 times
Reputation: 4619

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Nope. Title of the should should have been "From Not, to STILL not hot, but just not as fat". I have friends who went under the knife to lose weight, and good for them. It probably saved their lives, so in that sense, in terms of her not dying and leaving her non-father-in-their-lives-having kids totally parentless (except for Alana who has Sugar Bear and his new wife as her "new" mom), its good that she did something about her high speed journey spiraling towards death. Actually, we all KNOW that she didnt do it because of her health, she did it because she wanted to get back at Sugar Bear, and she wanted to upstage the bride at her own wedding. This was PURELY for vanity reasons and NOTHING else. So I never want to hear or read any threads where you guys who applaud her, say anything negative about someone like Zuzana/Zuzka Light (or any pretty woman) who got their breasts augmented.

But you know, she will always be ugly on the inside. I know the people who like her and support her are EXACTLY like her so they feel like defending her is like they are defending themselves, but she is just a horrible mom, a horrible lady, and just..........UGH!!

We all know that the next incarnation of this show is going to be surgeries for Honey Boo Boo who herself is at LEAST 200 lbs overweight. Now, as a parent and a person who loves kids, I really really really really hope someone does something for her to get her off the horrible path she is on. Its a shame that a kid so young can be so severely and morbidly obese. I blame her mother for that though.



Zero effort. All the effort was put in by her manager and the producers of the show. The only "EFFORT" it takes for someone to do what she did is the difficulty in writing the check for the surgery and resisting eating crappy food all day long every day. REAL effort is when people do it the RIGHT way by exercising and eating right. You cannot compare the "effort" of someone who has liposuction, bodyfat removal, tummy tuck, gastric bypass, floppy skin removal, breast augmentation, facelift, teeth reconstruction and hair extensions, to someone who chooses to eat right and exercise daily. You just CANT. The word EFFORT should not even be used here.



Exactly.
I don't agree. I think when peole make such huge physical transformations they also end up having to deal with lot of emotional issues. They are rediscovering themselves all over again.

I did not watch the show often ... but there is a lot more going on them just body weight. To get to that weight you really need to be actively over eating? There are often significant emotional issues tied in to this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-11-2017, 01:06 PM
 
Location: Toronto
6,754 posts, read 3,359,240 times
Reputation: 4619
Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
I dont think she looks much better at all. She still looks fat, still walks fat, and is just gross and repulsive.

Even Casey Anthony said "Now, THAT is a terrible mother".
I think people should be careful at how harshly they are judging her.
I think considering her circumstances she has come a long way.
Regardless of what her motives were.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2017, 01:06 PM
 
Location: Bloomington IN
5,867 posts, read 7,093,742 times
Reputation: 14099
Good for her I guess. What I did not like was the lies used to promote the show--claimed she was now a size 4. A little math put her at about 150 lbs. No way in the world, unless one is about 6 ft tall or more, that 150 lbs is a size 4. Looked at the pictures of her now--definitely not a size 4. Before midlife hit, I was a size 2-4. I know what I weighed and it wasn't close to 150.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2017, 01:10 PM
 
Location: Toronto
6,754 posts, read 3,359,240 times
Reputation: 4619
Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Haven't watched the show...won't, but anyone can lose weight if someone is on their case 24/7...and she is probably so tightly controlled, and not being taught nutrition.

Knew a couple of people on Nutrisystem and it's basically just buy our food program. Neither of them learned a thing about nutrition, and when they got to their goal weight had no idea how to maintain it and...gained it all back and....back on Nutrisystem.

How convenient..for Nutrisystem.
If you ever watched the show and saw the horrible things that family was eating ... any nutrition information would have a positive impact on that family. Regardless I wish her and her family the best. Being poor sucks.... they have gotten an out ... and hopefully they use it wisely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2017, 01:12 PM
 
16,724 posts, read 13,681,589 times
Reputation: 40996
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I don't agree. I think when peole make such huge physical transformations they also end up having to deal with lot of emotional issues. They are rediscovering themselves all over again.
Well, she's still with the pedophile that raped her daughter, and he wasn't the first sex-offender she's been with. One can only hope something gets rediscovered here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2017, 01:14 PM
 
Location: Denver area
21,141 posts, read 22,118,386 times
Reputation: 35536
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Well, she's still with the pedophile that raped her daughter, and he wasn't the first sex-offender she's been with. One can only hope something gets rediscovered here.
WHAT?!

OK, I'm outta here. I cannot fathom.....

Note that watching this show is contributing to these people and their lifestyle.

Last edited by maciesmom; 04-11-2017 at 01:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2017, 01:27 PM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
10,073 posts, read 9,313,800 times
Reputation: 13133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Haven't watched the show...won't, but anyone can lose weight if someone is on their case 24/7...and she is probably so tightly controlled, and not being taught nutrition.

Knew a couple of people on Nutrisystem and it's basically just buy our food program. Neither of them learned a thing about nutrition, and when they got to their goal weight had no idea how to maintain it and...gained it all back and....back on Nutrisystem.

How convenient..for Nutrisystem.
Yeah, I don't think she could share any nutritional guidance with her daughter because truthfully, the weight loss was attained largely through surgery. Not like I'm knocking that, and it looked VERY traumatic. But I don't think her mentality towards food and overeating has changed and I wouldn't be surprised if the weight returns. It's not like she lost the weight largely on her own and needed the surgery to get rid of the final 50 lbs.

Weight loss is a lifestyle and mentality change, not simply the reduction of a number on the scale. When I lost weight, my entire mindset changed. My lifestyle changed. It has to be a way of life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2017, 01:50 PM
 
11,432 posts, read 19,448,624 times
Reputation: 18135
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Yeah, I don't think she could share any nutritional guidance with her daughter because truthfully, the weight loss was attained largely through surgery. Not like I'm knocking that, and it looked VERY traumatic. But I don't think her mentality towards food and overeating has changed and I wouldn't be surprised if the weight returns. It's not like she lost the weight largely on her own and needed the surgery to get rid of the final 50 lbs.

Weight loss is a lifestyle and mentality change, not simply the reduction of a number on the scale. When I lost weight, my entire mindset changed. My lifestyle changed. It has to be a way of life.
I've known four people who had weight loss surgery. Two of them died -- not just from the surgery but from other big issues being overweight caused. It seemed too much for them to handle. Another one was sick constantly for a year -- just issue after issue. Then, after getting better...she ate her way out of the surgery.... and gained a bunch of weight.


The fourth person did well with it, and followed the diet faithfully and did the behavioral work she needed to do to make a success out of it.


Bariatric surgery is seen as the be all and end all.... but it isn't. It's the beginning of a process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2017, 01:58 PM
 
Location: Mt Shasta , Ca.
1,806 posts, read 1,244,667 times
Reputation: 3795
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
WHAT?!

OK, I'm outta here. I cannot fathom.....

Note that watching this show is contributing to these people and their lifestyle.
Yes ! That was my main complaint that she hooks back up with this dude knowing he is a sex offender but also one that assaulted her own daughter. Then the terrible way she treats her personal trainer-she needs to be in jail -NOT rewarded- if she is still with the sex offender..I'm really surprised that myself and Convextech are the only 2 (I think) on this thread that recall this.

It really galls me about that sex offending B/F. Didn't the affected daughter move out ? It's just not good when they show people getting rewarded after stuff like that goes on. I'm not sure if I've ever seen anything like it and I'm not easily shocked.

This is why I WAY prefer TCM and 50's-60's TV .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2017, 02:04 PM
 
Location: Denver area
21,141 posts, read 22,118,386 times
Reputation: 35536
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
Yes ! That was my main complaint that she hooks back up with this dude knowing he is a sex offender but also one that assaulted her own daughter. Then the terrible way she treats her personal trainer-she needs to be in jail -NOT rewarded- if she is still with the sex offender..I'm really surprised that myself and Convextech are the only 2 (I think) on this thread that recall this.
Honestly I didn't even know this was a thing. I've never seen the show. I just clicked on this because I've been seeing references on social media and was curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top