U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 05:09 PM

6,754 posts, read 3,359,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextStage View Post
The minute someone shows me they're ugly from the inside, that's the only thing I see. Same for beauty on the inside.

My first time seeing her was some daytime talk show. I knew about the show but had never seen the show or any clips. She was talking about the "go go juice" she gave the kid before pagents. It was a mixture of Mtn. Dew and Red Bull. It gave her "energy" to do her shows. Aparently the first trial of giving the kid pixie stix didn't energize her quite enough.

Le sigh.
Yes......oh god I re-call that. I think I often forget some people just are clueless. Lots of pageant mom's do stuff like this. I think it is nuts personally. She is 100% not the only one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2017, 05:10 PM

6,754 posts, read 3,359,240 times
Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
No, I definitely wouldn't use her as the poster child for mobidly obese people. What message is one sending? That the only solution to obesity, morbid or not, is surgical? It should also come with the disclaimer that unless the behavior changes, all of that is just temporary.
Any source of motivation is better then none.

Old 04-11-2017, 05:18 PM

711 posts, read 387,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Any source of motivation is better then none.
The thing is to me though is that you still go thru the same process as NON surgical intervention. You plan better, expand your knowledge of food, eat better and move more. And you've exposed yourself to the risks of surgery to do so.

Old 04-11-2017, 05:22 PM

7,245 posts, read 9,598,026 times
I applaud anyone who loses that amount of weight via any method. That said, as others have already said, $75,000 and the services of a personal trainer are a big help. I am not a watcher of the show but I do read the rags while waiting on line in the grocery store. JMO, but there is still something "big" almost horsey about her face that while she is far more healthy than before, I still see "BIG" if that makes sense.

Old 04-11-2017, 05:24 PM

9,599 posts, read 17,706,452 times
Her eye sight is quite poor but she does look much better (body wise).

Old 04-11-2017, 05:46 PM

4,784 posts, read 4,667,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Wow,you place Mama June on par with Casey Anthony?

What makes June low class btw?

Is it because she is from the South AND poor?

Nope. She's low class because as many of the other posters here stated, she decided to continue associating with someone who sexually assaulted her daughter.

Old 04-11-2017, 06:15 PM

985 posts, read 397,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NextStage View Post
The minute someone shows me they're ugly from the inside, that's the only thing I see. Same for beauty on the inside.
Well said.

I've never watched the show, but I'm aware of the premise and I also recalled the molestation situation with the daughter. Not something I can overlook about her, regardless of whatever other good things she may have done in her life (which doesn't appear to be much).

Old 04-11-2017, 07:06 PM

7,986 posts, read 3,874,784 times
I've never watched the show and know nothing about her or her family, but anyone who believes there's no effort involved in weight loss surgery and losing 150 pounds is an absolute idiot. It takes a HUGE adjustment physically, mentally, emotionally. You don't just go under the knife and wait for the pounds to fall off.

Old 04-11-2017, 07:47 PM

1,022 posts, read 446,138 times
I don't watch the show, as I can't even understand a word they say. But, more power to her for losing the weight, even though it was via surgery. It's still not easy & it may have saved her life, so I won't cast any shade on her, even though I can't stand what little I've seen of her. BUT, I will cast shade on the magazines & shows that keep calling her a size 4! There is NO WAY she is a size 4. She's nowhere near a size 4! A 14, yes. A 4, no way. Her legs & ankles alone are still plus size & may always be, as it's tough to do plastic surgery on them. I see about a size 14 in this pic. I hope she can keep it off & continue her journey of self improvement.

http://www.hollywoodtake.com/sites/d...?itok=B2GXstm0

Old 04-11-2017, 07:51 PM

14,651 posts, read 29,700,640 times
She certainly has transformed herself.

That said, I do not watch that show or anything like it. Low consciousness garbage. What is WRONG with Americans that so many find this sh*t entertaining?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or