Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 03:10 PM

11,583 posts, read 6,691,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I'm not really sold on the effort part.
LOL, me either! Anyone can transform their body if you spend $75K to do it!! With that said, I'm happy for her. All that weight was killing her. She's saving her life! Now she needs to have her kids lose weight too!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2017, 03:42 PM

4,537 posts, read 5,351,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I think people should be careful at how harshly they are judging her.
I think considering her circumstances she has come a long way.
Regardless of what her motives were.
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Well, she's still with the pedophile that raped her daughter, and he wasn't the first sex-offender she's been with. One can only hope something gets rediscovered here.
Its laughable that you (Klmrocks) think that she is being judged oh too harshly. Just as convextech says, she invited that pediphile who molested her daughter back into her home and into her life says all you need to know about her. And, yeah, she definitely falls into the "Casey Anthony" category of parenting style.

Old 04-11-2017, 03:51 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,376,669 times
Quote:

But I think the visual difference in her appearance really may serve as a huge motivator to other people that are morbidly obese because is show that there is hope.
...especially for those with the resources to sink in excess of $75,000 into surgical procedures!

Totally within reach for most.

Old 04-11-2017, 04:08 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,689,089 times
Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Its laughable that you (Klmrocks) think that she is being judged oh too harshly. Just as convextech says, she invited that pediphile who molested her daughter back into her home and into her life says all you need to know about her. And, yeah, she definitely falls into the "Casey Anthony" category of parenting style.
I am sorry. You guys are taking a lot of other stuff in to consideration. I am just talking about physical appearance. I honestly forgot about that other stuff as I only caught a few bits of the show over the years.

Old 04-11-2017, 04:16 PM

11,022 posts, read 6,568,828 times
Don't know/care who she is, but with all that surgery, why still a double chin?

Old 04-11-2017, 04:39 PM

711 posts, read 684,479 times
Quote:
I am sorry. You guys are taking a lot of other stuff in to consideration. I am just talking about physical appearance. I honestly forgot about that other stuff as I only caught a few bits of the show over the years.
The minute someone shows me they're ugly from the inside, that's the only thing I see. Same for beauty on the inside.

My first time seeing her was some daytime talk show. I knew about the show but had never seen the show or any clips. She was talking about the "go go juice" she gave the kid before pagents. It was a mixture of Mtn. Dew and Red Bull. It gave her "energy" to do her shows. Aparently the first trial of giving the kid pixie stix didn't energize her quite enough.

Le sigh.

Old 04-11-2017, 04:41 PM

13,441 posts, read 15,394,839 times
Quote:
...especially for those with the resources to sink in excess of $75,000 into surgical procedures!

No, I definitely wouldn't use her as the poster child for mobidly obese people. What message is one sending? That the only solution to obesity, morbid or not, is surgical? It should also come with the disclaimer that unless the behavior changes, all of that is just temporary.

Old 04-11-2017, 04:44 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,591,793 times
Glad she did it. Hope she didn't just do it for a man. You have to do things for yourself sometimes. Push yourself away from the table when full and don't eat a lot of crap. She could have saved herself a lot of time and trouble by not putting so much weight on. Glad it worked out for her. Hope she doesn't put it back on.

Old 04-11-2017, 04:47 PM

50,131 posts, read 63,543,536 times
Quote:
I think people should be careful at how harshly they are judging her.
I think considering her circumstances she has come a long way.
Regardless of what her motives were.
I hope for the best too. Do you think she is putting money away for her only remaining minor daughter, who may not be ruined yet, to be educated and rise up beyond their circumstances? Or is she even cabable of knowing the difference? I doubt it.

Old 04-11-2017, 05:03 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,689,089 times
Default .......

Quote:

True.... not always in quick reach for most people ..... but possible! Even an once of hope is better then none. If get where you are coming from though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty