Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 05:56 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,299,568 times

Advertisements

Curious as to whether she will keep the weight off of not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 05:52 PM

17,262 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Curious as to whether she will keep the weight off of not.
Sure if she starts smoking meth......This is a temporary feel good story. She will go down the path with lottery winners and other 15 minutes of fame people........fade into oblivion with a bad story soon to follow.

Old 04-14-2017, 01:12 AM

3,066 posts, read 1,679,170 times
I'm happy for her. I don't know if she has the mental fortitude to adhere to her lifestyle change, but I hope she does.

Old 04-14-2017, 01:42 PM

4,723 posts, read 4,413,722 times
I hang my head in shame to confess that I have watched this show over the years. Initially Honey Boo Boo was a cute chubby happy go lucky girl who was comfy in her own skin and was a hillbilly so to speak.
It has evolved (descended) into all looks, and minimal substance or reality.
Poor kid is seriously grossly overweight and this needs to be addressed. I am not talking about a girl who is 10 pounds over and will probably shed it as she gets taller. Poor girl is SERIOUSLY in need of someone to teach her to move and to eat properly.
And Yes, June lost a ton of weight and looks much better than she did--------- but that's about all I can comment..

Old 04-14-2017, 02:58 PM

2,465 posts, read 2,759,921 times
June actually lost more than 150 pounds. She lost around 100 pounds before she had gastric sleeve surgery. Her starting weight was about 450 pounds. The last weigh in on the show she was still around 190 pounds after having excess skin removed.

The show actually showed her struggling with emotional eating and lack of motivation. She fully owned what she was doing was detrimental. In regards to Alana, June has made positive changes in their home in terms of food. When Alana is outside the home she makes all the wrong choices for herself.

In one episode Alana is out to eat with Suga and Jennifer- Jennifer encourages Suga to allow Alana to order anything on the menu she'd like. The kid pretty much ordered one of everything on the dessert menu. When Alana brought some of it home, June threw it out and Alana threw a hissy fit. June then went onto have a confrontation with Jennifer and Suga about it asking them not allow Alana anything she wants. Jennifer is a real piece of work.

Old 04-14-2017, 05:20 PM

4,991 posts, read 5,282,508 times
I used to watch the show. I find it fascinating. I don't understand the child molester boyfriend bit, but the family is not all bad. The girls do appear to have good hearts, but they've been on the reality tv train for a few years and it destroys the good things about people. Alana and the other girls need a boot camp and some separation from each other so they individually learn life skills.

I would have liked to have seen June lose more weight the old fashioned way, but that didn't happen. I'm not sure I believe she was 450 pounds, but definitely she was in the 300's. She does look more attractive, but I'm afraid she won't keep it off. The show has pushed her to lose the weight for ratings. I don't think it will end well.

Old 04-15-2017, 12:52 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
I will not watch the special and never watched an episode of Honey Boo Boo.

I did see the two on The Doctors a few times; the show was helping them lose weight. At one point, Mama June was chided for not taking it seriously enough. My suspicion is that she did exceed 400 pounds at one point. Look at all the loose skin on her face. Some of it is bad bone structure, though - contrast with Ann Wilson. That's about all I have to say on the topic. I don't like the hype about the transformation and want that family to fade from public view.

Last edited by goodheathen; 04-15-2017 at 01:12 AM..

Old 04-15-2017, 04:13 AM

2,301 posts, read 1,884,494 times
Her body looks good. The face, well she's no beauty. Wasted 10 grand on those horse teeth?

Old 04-16-2017, 08:56 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,822 times
Nothing makes me happier then hearing about someone who is a really in a horrible situation who starts to turn their life around. I love when those under dog come up ahead of the pack. I am still rooting for her. With the weight loss she is also having deal with her emotional issues. In turn I think changes she is making are going to inspire other people in her famiy and in similar situations to makes some positive changes.

Hearing about this situation reminds me that all things are possible and to achieve then you often just have to tune out the haters and get to work.

Old 04-16-2017, 08:59 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
She's a wealthy women who initially got wealthy by exploiting her children for $$$.

I'm not sure she fits my personal definition of "underdog," simply because prior to a gastric sleeve and extensive surgery, she happened to be obese.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty