U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 03:35 PM

14,531 posts, read 11,520,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
Yes, I recently bought some Almay and it was on sale and it had some anti-aging stuff in it. I got a buy one get one free too.

YUCK! They smell like chemicals not like the nice fresh usual stuff I use from Cover Girl.

I am going to have to give them away I hate the smell of such an artificial chemical coming off my face all day.

Many cosmetics are irritating to many people and after a time a product you had no problems with can suddenly give you problems. Best of luck finding some better alternatives. Good for you for doing such detailed research to keep yourself healthy.
Thanks for you input..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 04:11 PM

264 posts, read 153,366 times
OP, try www.alimapure.com. You will pay extra for shipping to Scotland, but seems like it may be worth it for you. I've used their foundation and blush for years and have had zero problems.

Old 04-14-2017, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz_7 View Post
OP, try www.alimapure.com. You will pay extra for shipping to Scotland, but seems like it may be worth it for you. I've used their foundation and blush for years and have had zero problems.
Ill check it out Liz thanks a million..x Just had a read and Im impressed, never heard of this company, , Im not sure what shade of foundation to order yet as Im more sallow and pale now as Im older.. but dont have pinks in my skin at all...

Old 04-14-2017, 03:21 AM

29,633 posts, read 31,957,040 times
It's hard to know what you mean by "toxin". Anything you put on your skin can cause you to react no matter how pure and natural it is. ESPECIALLY natural stuff...nature is scary!

Old 04-14-2017, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
It's hard to know what you mean by "toxin". Anything you put on your skin can cause you to react no matter how pure and natural it is. ESPECIALLY natural stuff...nature is scary!
this is true Ceece and as I have a chemical illness it seems almost everything sets me off.. I noticed many years ago when my babies were young, and I used some of their baby lotion on my face, my face went bright red and burning and I had to get it off fast... Nivea, Astral, Olay and many other face creams do the same.. .... I have to be very careful.. Ive tried different water based foundations but they have many dodgy things in them as well setting me off, they make me feel nauseous ...Its my birthday soon and I wanted to wear some makeup to make me look and feel good , but cant find anything in the shops that I trust...as I can end up ill with blisters on my face.. I know the least of my bother is makeup.. but for special occassions Id like to look nice.. The thing is that so many makeups arent regulated enough.. when they say in their ingredients ..perfume... that can cover so much and they dont have to tell us whats in it... this is just a few of the toxic rubbish in most of makeups. why this is allowed is baffling to me as they are so harmful to us.. and dont be kidded by them telling us that its so little an amount of whatever and cant do any harm... of course it can. and remember this is a cocktail of chemicals not one... please think about it before putting it on your skin... it might not show on your skin as mine does, but it goes deeper into your skin and into your organs.. check out the labels on your cosmetics if you care about what your putting on.... and make up your own mind..I dont want to scare anyone, I want to help you make choices and let these companies know they cant do this to the public and their customers.... Ten years on these things wont exist in cosmetics I feel.. its time for changes and some companies are now making a difference..
Parabens. ...
Phthalates. ...
Triethanolamine. ...
Polyethylene Glycols. ...
Synthetic Colors. ...
Synthetic Fragrances. ...
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. These are just the tip of the iceberg.... Formadehyde is in many cosmetics too ..

Old 04-14-2017, 06:03 AM

8,082 posts, read 3,909,687 times
I know people who have the same reactions to plant products, so whatcha gonna do?

Old 04-14-2017, 07:05 AM

13,439 posts, read 7,165,715 times
It seems a bit incongruous....you're super concerned about natural ingredients and yet some folks consider using a foundation to not be very natural. It's one thing if your skin is sensitive but if you really want to avoid all toxins and chemicals, just go nekid! ...on your face, of course.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:32 AM

13,439 posts, read 7,165,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz_7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Ill check it out Liz thanks a million..x Just had a read and Im impressed, never heard of this company, , Im not sure what shade of foundation to order yet as Im more sallow and pale now as Im older.. but dont have pinks in my skin at all...
Here's the ingredient list from the liquid foundation - scary!
Full List: Salvia Sclarea (Clary Sage) Flower/Leaf/Stem Water, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-10 Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Parfum*, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Oleic/Linoleic/Linolenic Polyglycerides, Glyceryl Caprylate, Tocopherol (sunflower derived), Microcrystalline Cellulose (plant derived), Cellulose Gum (plant derived), Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Cellulose (plant derived), Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate, Hyaluronic Acid [+/- CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide-Yellow), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide-Red), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide-Black)]

Even "natural" ingredients sound like chemicals (which of course they are)...which are the "real" ones that are "toxic"?

Old 04-14-2017, 12:56 PM

11,438 posts, read 19,468,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Here's the ingredient list from the liquid foundation - scary!
Full List: Salvia Sclarea (Clary Sage) Flower/Leaf/Stem Water, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-10 Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Parfum*, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Oleic/Linoleic/Linolenic Polyglycerides, Glyceryl Caprylate, Tocopherol (sunflower derived), Microcrystalline Cellulose (plant derived), Cellulose Gum (plant derived), Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Cellulose (plant derived), Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate, Hyaluronic Acid [+/- CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide-Yellow), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide-Red), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide-Black)]

Even "natural" ingredients sound like chemicals (which of course they are)...which are the "real" ones that are "toxic"?
You can have a reaction to the most natural of ingredients....I can't use soy topically. Which means I have to worry about lecithin, which is soy derived.

And having rosacea, I had to learn more about this stuff, too. I needed to not jut moisturize but protect and heal my skin. You can google each ingredient. I've done that. Was interesting.

Now I know I need a moisturizer with peptides, ceramides and lipids and what hyralonic acid does. And I was happy with my moisturizer, until I decided to go cruelty free and had to start looking again as I was almost out. Then I found my new stuff from Mad Hippie. Got very lucky on the first try.

Old 04-14-2017, 05:19 PM

264 posts, read 153,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I think you can order sample sizes to figure out the right color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or