Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 04:20 PM

264 posts, read 250,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Here's the ingredient list from the liquid foundation - scary!
Full List: Salvia Sclarea (Clary Sage) Flower/Leaf/Stem Water, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-10 Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Parfum*, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Oleic/Linoleic/Linolenic Polyglycerides, Glyceryl Caprylate, Tocopherol (sunflower derived), Microcrystalline Cellulose (plant derived), Cellulose Gum (plant derived), Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Cellulose (plant derived), Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate, Hyaluronic Acid [+/- CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide-Yellow), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide-Red), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide-Black)]

Even "natural" ingredients sound like chemicals (which of course they are)...which are the "real" ones that are "toxic"?
You can look up the ingredients at https://www.ewg.org/skindeep, which rates them on a scale from 1-10 (10 being the most hazardous).

The powder foundation has fewer ingredients and looks like they're 1-3 on the scale.

It's not that all chemicals per se are toxic. Some are worse than others. Some are carcinogenic. The worst in cosmetics tend to be parabens and pthalates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2017, 10:07 PM

3,127 posts, read 5,052,517 times
I know this thread is about non-toxic foundation, which I don't have any suggestions for, but there is a great company for non-toxic, limited ingredient skin care products called Honey Girl Organics. I spent alot of money and time trying products with unpronounceable ingredients before finding this one. I love the moisturizers and face scrub.

https://honeygirlorganics.com/collec...ra-sensitive-1

Ingredients for the Extra Sensitive Night Creme:
Purified Water
Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Organic Beeswax
Organic Wilelaiki (Christmas Berry) Honey
Vitamin E Oil (Tocobiol liquid)

I put the link up so you can check out all their products. They soak in well and really do improve the look of your skin. They have a sample pack that is only $15 with free shipping (and you get to pick which products you want to try) so it isn't very expensive to try the products. Even though the listed prices are high they have frequent coupons and specials. Also because the products are so natural it is better to buy directly from them. I initially bought from my local store and the products weren't very fresh.

Old 04-15-2017, 12:42 AM

18,529 posts, read 18,748,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic111 View Post
I know this thread is about non-toxic foundation, which I don't have any suggestions for, but there is a great company for non-toxic, limited ingredient skin care products called Honey Girl Organics. I spent alot of money and time trying products with unpronounceable ingredients before finding this one. I love the moisturizers and face scrub.

https://honeygirlorganics.com/collec...ra-sensitive-1

Ingredients for the Extra Sensitive Night Creme:
Purified Water
Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Organic Beeswax
Organic Wilelaiki (Christmas Berry) Honey
Vitamin E Oil (Tocobiol liquid)

I put the link up so you can check out all their products. They soak in well and really do improve the look of your skin. They have a sample pack that is only $15 with free shipping (and you get to pick which products you want to try) so it isn't very expensive to try the products. Even though the listed prices are high they have frequent coupons and specials. Also because the products are so natural it is better to buy directly from them. I initially bought from my local store and the products weren't very fresh.
Great Ill check it out... at least now companies are springing up trying to let the customer choose with safer ingredients, maybe in ten or fifteen years they all will.. and will be regulated much more... fingers crossed. and when all the hazards in some products are released to the genereal public.. someone might see....Oh remember that cranky wee Scots woman on CD who was always going on about toxic stuff in this and that... well she was right hahaha. and I was...

Old 04-15-2017, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Here's the ingredient list from the liquid foundation - scary!
Full List: Salvia Sclarea (Clary Sage) Flower/Leaf/Stem Water, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-10 Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Parfum*, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Oleic/Linoleic/Linolenic Polyglycerides, Glyceryl Caprylate, Tocopherol (sunflower derived), Microcrystalline Cellulose (plant derived), Cellulose Gum (plant derived), Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Cellulose (plant derived), Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate, Hyaluronic Acid [+/- CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide-Yellow), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide-Red), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide-Black)]

Even "natural" ingredients sound like chemicals (which of course they are)...which are the "real" ones that are "toxic"?
I think a lot of the time its the cocktail that causes the trouble.. thanks for posting renee..

Old 04-15-2017, 06:42 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
I like this one.
https://gabrielcosmeticsinc.com/shop...dation-spf-18/

And this one:https://www.everydayminerals.com/store/base.html

Old 04-15-2017, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
thanks Miss Terri Ill check them out... companies are starting to wisen up now ..

Old 04-15-2017, 03:53 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
I did not understand your first post, actually. I think what you are saying is that all commercial products that are available to you contain "toxins" that affect your skin. Are you saying that you are wary of using them, or that you have had reactions to them?

In my experience, I have had better results from standard, ordinary drugstore brands than with "natural" brands or with products that claim to use natural ingredients. I seem to react to whatever is in the more "natural" products.

I am a careful consumer of food and cosmetics. I really don't fear most drugstore brands. Decades ago, I did have problems using drugstore cosmetics, but the products have perhaps become less irritating or they are formulated differently. I don't know. I wear a minimum of product, use CeraVe cleansers and moisturizers, and have no problems on my face.

If this is a problem for you, then I suggest trying coconut oil or some other pure oil, as "natural" as you are comfortable with, as a moisturizer, and using less product on your face, at least for awhile.

Lead, if it is in drugstore products, can't be a prominent containment. These products are tested. And I want to point out that we ingest mercury every time we eat tuna. I don't think we can totally escape consumption of all heavy metals in this day and time. So, if you are worried about this, I imagine you will have to give up make up entirely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty