U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 07:59 AM

302 posts, read 179,116 times

Advertisements

Tend skin solution, for razor bumps and ingrown hair but when i worked at a salon we carried this product for people with this issue after waxing.
https://www.tendskin.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 10:01 AM

97 posts, read 80,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I use one of these - https://www.amazon.com/Braun-Silk-%C...Bepilator&th=1

Yes, it hurts some, but my skin is sensitive, and I find that razor blades hurt more, as does Nair and the like. You also have to let the hair grow out a bit, but since it's soft - not stubbly - it's not unpleasant.

The Braun is one of the more expensive ones, you could try a cheaper one and see what you think.
I have two braun models, the silk epil 7 that you can use under water and a much older model. I use them both with a blend of other methods..Probably I should stick to one method at a time for like two months and see which one, if any, is causing me the problem

Last edited by Lovely person; 04-13-2017 at 10:41 AM..

Old 04-13-2017, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Amputation should give a permanent result.

I had laser hair removal done about 15 years ago, haven't shaved since.

I wish I could do laser right now, I saw some really good deals on groupon but I live in a small town and the nearest laser place is about an hour and a half away from me..and I know with school duties and the kids I am not going to commit to it. Wish I had one in my town

Last edited by Lovely person; 04-13-2017 at 10:40 AM..

Old 04-13-2017, 10:08 AM

2,731 posts, read 1,211,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely person View Post
hi everyone..
so i was looking looking online for solutions to "ingrown hair" , one of the causes i found which really surprised me was the shaving of hair against the direction of the hair growth, so i tried shaving inward but it won't get me a closer shave at all, sometimes it won't even shave the hair at all??

I know ingrown hair is a very common problem,,,I tried everything I knew of: hydration lotions, cocount oil, almond oil, shea butter, exfoliating with dry brush, exfoliating in the shower with a mixture of sugar,lemon,honey and coconut oil...I switch betwwen hair removal creams,braun epilators and Gillette razors...
Still the issue is persistent...I know laser hair removal is the best known solution but it is just not an option for me right now..
people who are having the same problem? what do you do?
Safety pins.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
Leggings can cause ingrown hairs on your legs.
They do!!! I wear them ALL THE TIME! but they are made of cotton and very comfy, Idont feel they are so tight in an annoying way to my skin! Does it still matter?

Old 04-13-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allsunny View Post
Tend skin solution, for razor bumps and ingrown hair but when i worked at a salon we carried this product for people with this issue after waxing.
https://www.tendskin.com/
I tried this product, got it from amazon, but I think it was a fake one, the smell was sooooo strong to the point I threw it in trash after only first use. I know it is alcohol and supposed to be smelling unpleasent but surely not in that horrible manner. Besides the writing on the bottle was fading whenver I touch it! the whole packaging was very suspicious...although I read very good reviews on it but was unlucky..

Do you know Where I could get it? I mean a trusted source?

Old 04-13-2017, 10:16 AM

Shanv3
I used to use safety pins but they were causing my scars all over so I stopped them

Old 04-13-2017, 10:28 AM

711 posts, read 387,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely person View Post
I tried this product, got it from amazon, but I think it was a fake one, the smell was sooooo strong to the point I threw it in trash after only first use. I know it is alcohol and supposed to be smelling unpleasent but surely not in that horrible manner. Besides the writing on the bottle was fading whenver I touch it! the whole packaging was very suspicious...although I read very good reviews on it but was unlucky..

Do you know Where I could get it? I mean a trusted source?
Looks like you can buy it at the link above. That's the company website.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextStage View Post
Looks like you can buy it at the link above. That's the company website.
Oh yes sorry I didnt pay attention. I just ordered my free sample. excited to see the results

Old 04-13-2017, 12:41 PM

1,945 posts, read 2,114,859 times
You need to make sure you use a good razor blade (Change it often) and of course shaving cream.

Use Alpha Skincare Revitalizing Body Lotion daily (Not directly after shaving). Not only will you not have ingrown hair your skin will be super soft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty