Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 12:44 PM

205 posts, read 204,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely person View Post
hi everyone..
so i was looking looking online for solutions to "ingrown hair" , one of the causes i found which really surprised me was the shaving of hair against the direction of the hair growth, so i tried shaving inward but it won't get me a closer shave at all, sometimes it won't even shave the hair at all??

I know ingrown hair is a very common problem,,,I tried everything I knew of: hydration lotions, cocount oil, almond oil, shea butter, exfoliating with dry brush, exfoliating in the shower with a mixture of sugar,lemon,honey and coconut oil...I switch betwwen hair removal creams,braun epilators and Gillette razors...
Still the issue is persistent...I know laser hair removal is the best known solution but it is just not an option for me right now..
people who are having the same problem? what do you do?
just pick at them either with your finger or a pair of tweezers until you can remove the hair follicle...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 03:15 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,354,112 times
Quote:
hi everyone..
so i was looking looking online for solutions to "ingrown hair" , one of the causes i found which really surprised me was the shaving of hair against the direction of the hair growth, so i tried shaving inward but it won't get me a closer shave at all, sometimes it won't even shave the hair at all??

I know ingrown hair is a very common problem,,,I tried everything I knew of: hydration lotions, cocount oil, almond oil, shea butter, exfoliating with dry brush, exfoliating in the shower with a mixture of sugar,lemon,honey and coconut oil...I switch betwwen hair removal creams,braun epilators and Gillette razors...
Still the issue is persistent...I know laser hair removal is the best known solution but it is just not an option for me right now..
people who are having the same problem? what do you do?
I have a lot of black hairs on my legs, neanderthal hold over. lol

You are trying to have perfectly smooth legs every single day when you don't need to. You are over doing it. Over-shaving causes the ingrown hair and your skin gets inflamed from so much scraping or ripping. Leave your legs alone for a few days in between processes.

I use a Philips battery electric shaver for women. My legs are so smooth. No red skin or ingrowns.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:18 PM

17,148 posts, read 56,864,778 times
Shaving really close can cause ingrown hair. Plucking, which is what most epilators do, or waxing, is quite likely to cause.

One really good way to get rid of ingrown hair is electrolysis - although it's expensive and time consuming. But it does offer permanent results.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:21 PM

324 posts, read 328,792 times
Quote:
I tried this product, got it from amazon, but I think it was a fake one, the smell was sooooo strong to the point I threw it in trash after only first use. I know it is alcohol and supposed to be smelling unpleasent but surely not in that horrible manner. Besides the writing on the bottle was fading whenver I touch it! the whole packaging was very suspicious...although I read very good reviews on it but was unlucky..

Do you know Where I could get it? I mean a trusted source?
Check local walgreens, cvs, target, walmart some locations have it, but last time i was looking for it it was harder to find in store so maybe their websites or directly from manufacturer.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:47 PM

97 posts, read 105,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
You need to make sure you use a good razor blade (Change it often) and of course shaving cream.

Use Alpha Skincare Revitalizing Body Lotion daily (Not directly after shaving). Not only will you not have ingrown hair your skin will be super soft.
I will definitely check the lotion out, good thing it is not pricy.
how often should a razor be changed? after how many uses?

Old 04-13-2017, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countess Capital View Post
just pick at them either with your finger or a pair of tweezers until you can remove the hair follicle...
it causes scars besides it is really time consuming to go over them one by one

Old 04-13-2017, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
I have a lot of black hairs on my legs, neanderthal hold over. lol

You are trying to have perfectly smooth legs every single day when you don't need to. You are over doing it. Over-shaving causes the ingrown hair and your skin gets inflamed from so much scraping or ripping. Leave your legs alone for a few days in between processes.

I use a Philips battery electric shaver for women. My legs are so smooth. No red skin or ingrowns.
I actually shave about 3-4 times a week. I have an electric shaver that comes with silk epil 7 epilator but didnt like it at all, didnt do well for me

Old 04-13-2017, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Shaving really close can cause ingrown hair. Plucking, which is what most epilators do, or waxing, is quite likely to cause.

One really good way to get rid of ingrown hair is electrolysis - although it's expensive and time consuming. But it does offer permanent results.
I decided to quit epilator for two months amd see if the problem continues...
doing electrolysis will be really amazing but it is just not an option for me now

Old 04-13-2017, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allsunny View Post
Check local walgreens, cvs, target, walmart some locations have it, but last time i was looking for it it was harder to find in store so maybe their websites or directly from manufacturer.
Thank you allsunny, I already ordered a sample from their official website, hope it works for me

Old 04-14-2017, 06:11 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,248,796 times
Quote:
I will definitely check the lotion out, good thing it is not pricy.
how often should a razor be changed? after how many uses?
This body lotion (Unscented) will exfoliate your skin and leave it super soft, I love it. If you have a problem with dry feet this will get them smooth if you use it nightly.

I use a Gillette Mach3 razor. I'll change the blade once a week. You need to change a blade if it feels like it is pulling or scratching your skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty