U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 05:40 PM

10,638 posts, read 3,322,114 times

Advertisements

I could easily blow $10K! LOL! If I could pick any three stores I would pick.........

1. A furniture store which I would probably spend about half on a new bedroom set for me, a breakfast table and a new bed for my daughter.

2. Justice for girls. OH BOY my two girls LOVE Justice and I would stock up on clothes and shoes in all sizes!

3. Probably a place like Kohls. That way I could buy clothes and shoes for me and my husband as household items such as new dishes, pots and pans, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2017, 05:41 PM

4,860 posts, read 2,155,582 times
Dansko- Shoes/boots/
Nordstrom- Suits/dresses
Chico's- Sweaters/Pants.

Yup, All spent by that point.

Old 04-19-2017, 05:59 PM

10,404 posts, read 7,488,333 times
Wow. Clothes? I'd get a total working wardrobe makeover including footwear and handbags.

I don't really know what stores to go to. I'm usually shopping vintage.

Old 04-19-2017, 06:20 PM

3,712 posts, read 1,262,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogCT View Post
Okay, let's say you had $10,000 to shopping spree to spend between three stores and you had to spend it all in 24 hours so you can't use the money for anything else just at three different clothing shops, which stores would you spend it on and what would you buy?
I'd say give me $10K worth of clothes, any clothes, then donate it all.
Never take money from a stranger, it only increases your poverty.

Old 04-19-2017, 06:23 PM

3,749 posts, read 7,239,071 times
If Chanel or Louis Vuitton counted as clothing shops, then
1. Louis Vuitton (bag, wallet, luggage piece)
2. Nordstroms
- no need for a third.

Old 04-19-2017, 06:29 PM

42,252 posts, read 49,796,479 times
Easy. I'd hit the nearby premium outlet mall: Complete List Of Stores Located At Allen Premium Outlets® - A Shopping Center In Allen, TX - A Simon Mall

I'd go somewhere like The Gap or J Crew or that kind of store and buy my kids (who are 5 and 2) staple clothing in sizes to go all the way till they grow up (jeans, collared shirts, etc). Then Under Armour store to stock up on all their athletic clothing needs. My mother tailors all their clothes to fit them.

Then, if there was any money left, I'd go to Wilson Leather or the Lacoste store and get myself something nice.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:35 PM

6,754 posts, read 3,363,135 times
Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogCT View Post
Okay, let's say you had $10,000 to shopping spree to spend between three stores and you had to spend it all in 24 hours so you can't use the money for anything else just at three different clothing shops, which stores would you spend it on and what would you buy?
I would choose 3 high end department stores because they carry higher end items and a larger variety of items in one building.

In my city it would be Holt Renfrew around Bay and Bloor
The Bay on Queen Street West
Nordstrom

My main reasons for choosing high end is that I don't have the storage and if spending all lot of money one shot I want to focus on quality and possible items that I could resale so they would be items and brands that are easier to resale.

Please note you never said I could not buy gift cards and if those terms were not specified I would be getting as many of those as possible. I am the type of person that would make all if not at least one of my 3 wishes from a genie to have unlimited numbers of wishes!

Old 04-19-2017, 08:00 PM

Location: Follow the oil exhaust cloud until you run out of gas, then turn left
788 posts, read 226,260 times
1. Pro Caliber or maybe Cycle Gear
2. Big 5 which is jammer city this time of year!
3. Wilco's (local farm store chain with a decent selection of cowboy/workwear)
4. Hot Topic (gotta have my Tripps!)

Old 04-19-2017, 09:11 PM

983 posts, read 459,200 times
Nordstrom's: Great place that has lots of nice stuff.
Kohl's: I could easily get a TON of pretty nice things that would be great.

As for my third; and I am kind of surprised no one else has mentioned it: Victoria's Secret. I'd stock up on enough Bras to last me for the next decade. I'd also buy some nice fun lingerie as well as some other things. I'd probably spend most of it here lol.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:30 PM

26,878 posts, read 28,170,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I would go shopping at the upscale shops in town. I am hard to fit, so if they could not fulfill my needs, I would go back to my tried and true online sources.
Most of those places have alterations. Put your 10k to good use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty