U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 11:03 PM

11,424 posts, read 19,433,663 times

Advertisements

That would be my idea of a nightmare. But...I could go to Nordstrom, and buy clothing I rather liked and pay to have them tailored to fit me....but I can't imagine spending 10k on clothing....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 12:41 AM

1,745 posts, read 2,029,686 times
I'd go on ThredUp and buy an entire wardrobe for 2K. Then I'd get a few high-end bags, a Chanel 2.55 and a LV Speedy 30 crossbody, Gucci Soho. I'd buy some David Yurman bling and go to BaubleBar for some trendy pieces. The rest would be spent via Nordstrom Rack, on shoes. Plus a collection of Tieks walking flats and Stuart Weitzman boots, maybe a pair by Aquatalia. And a few good coats, including a classic Burberry trench. Some conditioning treatments and salon services, perhaps a better set of clip-in extensions and a few balayage sessions with the experts.

Old 04-20-2017, 12:42 AM

11,019 posts, read 6,565,638 times
Nordstrom, Banana Republic, and wherever Kate Middleton gets all her coats.

Old 04-20-2017, 12:44 AM

11,019 posts, read 6,565,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
As for my third; and I am kind of surprised no one else has mentioned it: Victoria's Secret. I'd stock up on enough Bras to last me for the next decade. I'd also buy some nice fun lingerie as well as some other things. I'd probably spend most of it here lol.
I'd rather stock up on lingerie somewhere like Nordstrom.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:31 AM

1,870 posts, read 1,719,956 times
Me? I'd pass that offer up fast. Can't imagine a worse day that spending it clothes shopping, other than trying to buy sooo many clothes that I could not fit them in my closet when I get home.

Rather spend it at the dentist getting a root canal!

But really, if I could not use it for traveling, I'd rather pass that offer up!

Old 04-20-2017, 05:38 AM

5,003 posts, read 6,678,903 times
llbean, duluth trading company, and something like sierra trading post or rei but maybe a local small business along those lines instead.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:24 AM

9,096 posts, read 3,918,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
I would go to department stores like Nordstrom where they have personal shopper. I would use personal shopper to pull things in for me to try or I can buy bunch of things without trying & return later. While the personal shopper is getting things together, I will pop in their spa & get new look (might not be time effective). Will be great

Well I agree with Kera - if it has to be clothes (because my first thought was a mini-facelift ) it would be Nordstroms. I would make an appointment with a personal shopper and buy some classics although I can't see how I would spend $10K on clothes because I don't need much with my current lifestyle.

Probably buy a couple of good quality bathing suits, both one piece and bikini with some great cover-ups; some summer type dresses, couple pairs of slacks and jeans, lots of tops and of course shoes and maybe a good quality purse as long as it doesn't have any designers name emblazoned all over it.

Old 04-20-2017, 08:19 AM

15,370 posts, read 25,567,363 times
Yesterday I only had a minute to answer the question of what I would do with $10,000 if I had to use it on clothes. Since i live an hour from Rodeo Drive and have been there before, not shopped just drove by, I know what I would do.

I would first head on over to Bijan and get fitted for a suit. Then on over to Jimmy Choo for some shoes. Because I love to be in the water I would stop by Vilebrequin for some beach wear. That would do it for me.

Old 04-20-2017, 09:44 AM

26,866 posts, read 28,137,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Nordstrom, Banana Republic, and wherever Kate Middleton gets all her coats.
Oh, I am adding a MaxMara coat to my list. Thank you for reminding me - Kate doesn't get her coats there, but they have amazing coats!

Updated and prioritized:
1. Custom leather jacket, most likely Moto styled from West Coast Leather ($1000-1500)
2. A bag from Miriam Schaefer - similar ($3000-$4000)
3. MaxMara Coat ($1000-$3000) - I am happy to go to the outlet. Here is a nice example. I could downgrade from the main line..
4. Acme or Alexander Wang Booties ($500-700)
5. Find a tailor to make me a custom jumpsuit that fits perfectly
6. Universal Standard starter wardrobe - selected pieces ($800-1000 - each thing averages about $150)
7. Ewa Michalak bras / panties (each set - 1 bra, 2 panties would cost $120-150)
Looks like I used up all my $$$.

The last items on the list are things I would already purchase - so maybe I don't need to use the windfall for it.

Old 04-20-2017, 10:13 AM

18,975 posts, read 10,032,914 times
I'd probably go to Nordstrom. Buy some clothes and shoes and then put the rest towards some fine jewelry because I can't imagine wanting or wearing 10K worth of clothing.

If there was more flexibility with the money, it would go to putting in new counters, backsplash and exhaust fan in my kitchen. I built new a couple of years ago, but didn't like the builder offered counter choices so always planned to re-do in a few years - probably about 2 years from now if all goes well.

Or it would go to landscaping and a pergola with a retractable sunshade for the yard, with some really nice outdoor furniture if there was anything left.

In other words, I would much rather spend money on my house than on clothing or jewelry for me. Love my house and fixing it up, don't care nearly as much about what I wear (not that I don't care at all, but I do just fine getting things on sale and wearing what I have and wouldn't really appreciate expensive clothing that much)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty