U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-21-2017, 12:00 PM
 
9,667 posts, read 7,638,989 times
Reputation: 17505

Advertisements

Jeans, both summer and winter weight, that fit well and are becoming. All-wool sweaters in classic colors. Good wool blazer. Good wool topcoat (I get cold easily; can you tell??). Good wool trousers, also well-fitting and becoming.

Several pairs of bespoke leather shoes made to a personal last. Good wool socks. Good wool anything.

Ice skates, also bespoke. Good shoes for traditional dancing, also bespoke.

Nice cotton blend woven shirts, in solids, stripes, and plaids, both long and short-sleeved. Some patterns are okay, too. Nice madras or solid colored cotton Bermuda shorts. Leather belts. Preppy look.

No ties. Silk scarves for ascots, if I want to look like British aristocracy (or the Old Hollywood version). Maybe a becoming but not showy straw hat. Manila, of course. Wool hat for winter (here we go again). Wool gloves, too.

Good quality rubber boots for yardwork and creekside camping. Good hiking boots, ditto. Camping attire with lots of pockets to lessen backpack weight.

Maybe some artistically designed gold jewelry, antique or heirloom quality, for both men and/or women, to share around the family after enjoying some of it myself. Could I also have a few handfuls of unset but cut rubies, emeralds, sapphires, and diamonds, for the same purpose?? I could keep them in my pocket and run my fingers through them instead of fumbling around with worry rocks or beads...I'd expect that would be most soothing and satisfying!

...and I think I've just shot the budget.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-21-2017, 01:07 PM
 
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
9,285 posts, read 16,124,531 times
Reputation: 11269
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogCT View Post
Lol either Cd has one of the most frugal women in existence or you aren't being totally truthful. Most wealthy women such as Ivanka and Melania trump heck even Hillary and other wives and daughters of rich people don't have a problem spending that much on clothes lol

not all of us are that into clothes..... I wear jeans to work in the winter and shorts most days in the summer. If I am going to a jobsite, then jeans in the summer, too..... somehow, a hard hat, steel toe boots and safety glasses don't seem to go all that well with expensive frocks.....



and none of them has to choose between spending that amount of money on clothing or on new flooring for their house......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2017, 02:19 PM
 
11,023 posts, read 6,570,281 times
Reputation: 19964
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
It amazes me that we're in an online fashion forum and people can't suspend reality for one thread. :ccool
Right? I was suprised by the number of people who wouldn't play along and made a fuss about a pretend situation. No one is actually being given $10,000 to spend on clothes, so why all the complaining?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2017, 02:23 PM
 
Location: South Florida
4,525 posts, read 4,855,661 times
Reputation: 4498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Right? I was suprised by the number of people who wouldn't play along and made a fuss about a pretend situation. No one is actually being given $10,000 to spend on clothes, so why all the complaining?
I know! And if you don't want to play "pretend" you don't have to
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2017, 04:07 PM
 
Location: Sonoran Desert, AZ
2,840 posts, read 1,163,727 times
Reputation: 6056
I'd start and finish at the local Harley Davidson shop in Kona. First $100 for a couple of tee shirts with semi-nude young woman on them, the rest for a nice little Sporty (have to be used though at that price...)


Mahalo
Hoot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2017, 08:00 PM
 
6,308 posts, read 4,767,382 times
Reputation: 8437
I think I'd get a second car. You didn't say what kind of store :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2017, 08:07 PM
 
Location: North Shore Long Island
7,736 posts, read 13,964,660 times
Reputation: 10544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Siegel View Post
I think I'd get a second car. You didn't say what kind of store :-)
Not to get nit picky, but the original post did state "three different clothing shops."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2017, 11:53 PM
 
9,454 posts, read 15,015,271 times
Reputation: 15409
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Jeans, both summer and winter weight, that fit well and are becoming. All-wool sweaters in classic colors. Good wool blazer. Good wool topcoat (I get cold easily; can you tell??). Good wool trousers, also well-fitting and becoming.

Several pairs of bespoke leather shoes made to a personal last. Good wool socks. Good wool anything.

Ice skates, also bespoke. Good shoes for traditional dancing, also bespoke.

Nice cotton blend woven shirts, in solids, stripes, and plaids, both long and short-sleeved. Some patterns are okay, too. Nice madras or solid colored cotton Bermuda shorts. Leather belts. Preppy look.

No ties. Silk scarves for ascots, if I want to look like British aristocracy (or the Old Hollywood version). Maybe a becoming but not showy straw hat. Manila, of course. Wool hat for winter (here we go again). Wool gloves, too.

Good quality rubber boots for yardwork and creekside camping. Good hiking boots, ditto. Camping attire with lots of pockets to lessen backpack weight.

Maybe some artistically designed gold jewelry, antique or heirloom quality, for both men and/or women, to share around the family after enjoying some of it myself. Could I also have a few handfuls of unset but cut rubies, emeralds, sapphires, and diamonds, for the same purpose?? I could keep them in my pocket and run my fingers through them instead of fumbling around with worry rocks or beads...I'd expect that would be most soothing and satisfying!

...and I think I've just shot the budget.

I think your idea of how far $10,000 goes is a bit off....are you including sales tax?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2017, 10:59 AM
 
Location: PNW
2,201 posts, read 735,109 times
Reputation: 7206
This is a very tough one for me, because I don't shop at any store exclusively. But I know that I would find the biggest, best "boot" store accessible and splurge on some good boots there, and I don't care what they would cost. I could probably spend a few grand in there. Next.... Columbia Sportswear, and I'd scarf up some particular pants I like, shoes, some good coats and jackets and socks. Probably at least a grand in there, if not more. I've NO idea where to go from there. Um....


I honestly don't know where the third place would be, but it would have to be somewhere that sells men's Big 'n' Tall clothes, too. The OP's posting does state clothing stores but it doesn't state that the goods would have to be for the purchaser's needs only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2017, 06:04 PM
 
Location: Erie, PA
2,276 posts, read 925,357 times
Reputation: 4974
Hmmm. I would have to donate $5K of it to charity to provide clothing for the disadvantaged.

I don't know if I could spend $5K on clothes, lol.

I would go to Old Navy and buy a couple of pairs of jeans and maybe a couple of tops.

I do need a couple of new bras so I gotta go to a department store because nobody who sells them for a reasonable price carries my size.

There is this jewelry set I saw with an octopus ring and necklace that I would like to have so I might buy that. I love strange-looking jewelry.



The rest of that money is going for gadgets and books
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top