Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 01:19 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,528,249 times

Advertisements

Screw shopping, I'd take a trip!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 01:45 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogCT View Post
Lol either Cd has one of the most frugal women in existence or you aren't being totally truthful. Most wealthy women such as Ivanka and Melania trump heck even Hillary and other wives and daughters of rich people don't have a problem spending that much on clothes lol
There are women like me who hate shopping for clothing, who has clothing that is more than 15 years old and has been taken care of properly, that have no desire to purchase unnecessary, designer, frou frou anything.
Personally I do not care what other women do or how they dress or how they spend their money, their choice, not my concern.

Old 04-21-2017, 01:55 AM

7,650 posts, read 4,597,880 times
Quote:
Okay, let's say you had $10,000 to shopping spree to spend between three stores and you had to spend it all in 24 hours so you can't use the money for anything else just at three different clothing shops, which stores would you spend it on and what would you buy?
Chanel, Louis Vuitton and the valet guy.

Money spent, wife happy and 23 hours of free time.

Old 04-21-2017, 07:05 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,028,221 times
Quote:
Lol either Cd has one of the most frugal women in existence or you aren't being totally truthful. Most wealthy women such as Ivanka and Melania trump heck even Hillary and other wives and daughters of rich people don't have a problem spending that much on clothes lol
If any of us had high end executive jobs or had to make endless public appearances, we would be able to spend that sort of money on clothing. But I am not a CEO of a major financial institution, so I wouldn't have anywhere to wear a Chanel suit if I bought one. I'm not going to wear it out to prune the fruit trees, or to go grocery shopping, or to take the dog swimming in the lake.

I'm not invited to high end charity balls. I don't have any use for a designer gown ... which I suspect costs a lot more than $10,000. Although that was the price tag g on each of the Obama kid's dresses they wore to some event that got them lots of praise for their looks. The only thing my kid ever needed a suit for was his graduation, and I don't think he ever wore it again.

For a man in a high end job, $10,000 would barely set him up with two suits, with perhaps enough left over for one shirt and tie. But most people don't need that sort of power suit.

Old 04-21-2017, 07:32 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,312,234 times
Quote:

Yes, but those women are in the public eye and go to fancy events. My exciting life consists of working 2 days a week in an office with 2 other people who come to work in shorts & jeans, including the boss. Then, let's see I go to Publix, T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, the gym and Fresh Market. Once in a while I splurge and take my granddaughter to a movie.

When my husband was alive we would go to the Italian Club a lot and always dressed up for New Year's Eve. These days I rather have no need for expensive clothes plus I'm not seeing much that I love in the stores anymore. Now if you had asked me about this when I was in my 20's and in the working world on Long Island that is a completely different story. I spent $2K in a weekend when I first moved there from Florida because I didn't have any warm clothes.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:18 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Orvis
LLBean
Cabelas

Outdoor sporting life.

Old 04-21-2017, 10:03 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times
Quote:
Okay, let's say you had $10,000 to shopping spree to spend between three stores and you had to spend it all in 24 hours so you can't use the money for anything else just at three different clothing shops, which stores would you spend it on and what would you buy?

It amazes me that we're in an online fashion forum and people can't suspend reality for one thread.

signed ~ a stay at home mom that has no problem spending money, especially in my dreams.

Old 04-21-2017, 10:35 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
Nordstrom's, Eileen Fisher, Fossil.

Old 04-21-2017, 11:20 AM

5,401 posts, read 6,530,624 times
It would not take me long to spend 10k on just clothing. I could also spend it on shoes, leather goods, or jewelry in a snap.

I have a fondness for Christian Dior suits, particularly raw silk ones. I have an unusual lifestyle which requires multiple closets; one biz casual/travel wear/go put in public, one business wear (with a couple for formal occasions in back) and then asstd rancher wear both tough & comfortable -- jeans, retired khakis, carhartts.

I also love to collect certain vintage couture suits & formal pieces & accessories because of the lovely workmanship, cut, & materials.

Christian Dior for nice classics, Ralph Lauren for biz casual.

Old 04-21-2017, 11:42 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,528,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
It amazes me that we're in an online fashion forum and people can't suspend reality for one thread.

signed ~ a stay at home mom that has no problem spending money, especially in my dreams.

OK

REI
L.L. Bean
Someplace that sells comfortable, durable hiking boot & walking shoes for my feet, which have bern destroyed by high heels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty