U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 09:37 AM

7,736 posts, read 13,974,214 times

Advertisements

Like everything else, it all depends on the fit, style, fabric and the person wearing it. Some cold shoulder pieces I like, some I don't. I started wearing cold shoulder dresses 7 years ago and I figured the trend would be over by now, but I was wrong.

I don't find them appropriate for professional wear, but for nights out or even causal wear, they're ok. Again, it all depends on the wearer, the item and what's it's paired with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2017, 11:15 AM

14,517 posts, read 11,501,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
So, on this coming Thursday night I have my ballroom group dance lesson and practice party; and I plan to wear my form-fitting cold shoulder top with my new nylon/spandex capris that have custom bling (multi-color rhinestones) all up the sides. Putting a silk sash with fringe around the waist.
well you seem to like bling and being dolled up so go for it.. you must be a confident person and thats great...

Old 04-25-2017, 03:22 PM

109 posts, read 56,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I just dont like them at all , even this gorgeous model cant pull it off.. I think they look incomfy too.

https://i1.wp.com/www.welessermortal...ut-proenza.jpg
That is a little too much for me. I prefer something just a bit more modest, like this.

Old 04-25-2017, 03:36 PM

14,658 posts, read 29,721,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjuice View Post
That is a little too much for me. I prefer something just a bit more modest, like this.
That top is cute, I like it! That is pretty much the basic style I like. Also, let me explain why I like cold shoulder so much - I am in my late 60s, I am slim and keep in shape, I have slender arms with good shoulders and muscle tone; however; ever since turning 60 the skin on my arms does not look good anymore. It has that "crepey" look, not the bingo wings, again I have nicely toned arms, I just don't like the look of my skin. The cold shoulder tops reveal the best part of my arms (shoulders) while covering the skin yet conforming to my muscle tone. So, it's a win-win for me. I do only like certain styles, however.

Old 04-25-2017, 05:26 PM

109 posts, read 56,739 times
Quote:
That top is cute, I like it! That is pretty much the basic style I like. Also, let me explain why I like cold shoulder so much - I am in my late 60s, I am slim and keep in shape, I have slender arms with good shoulders and muscle tone; however; ever since turning 60 the skin on my arms does not look good anymore. It has that "crepey" look, not the bingo wings, again I have nicely toned arms, I just don't like the look of my skin. The cold shoulder tops reveal the best part of my arms (shoulders) while covering the skin yet conforming to my muscle tone. So, it's a win-win for me. I do only like certain styles, however.
Exactly! I workout so much, I'm totally trim and toned, but dang, you cannot defy gravity!! LOL

Old 04-25-2017, 06:00 PM

3,785 posts, read 8,773,425 times
I love it and the look is extremely flattering on me. I also have toned shoulders so that helps.

Fwiw, I really don't like strapless or off the shoulder. Those styles aren't comfortable for me.

Old 04-25-2017, 06:16 PM

9,291 posts, read 7,305,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
I must be REALLY trashy because I wear them with skinny jeans and high heels!
You harlot.

Old 04-26-2017, 02:49 AM

14,517 posts, read 11,501,142 times
Quote:
Why do we have to get that crepey look.. I saw photos of myself taken recently at my 70th and I wont be getting any more taken, I noticed my neck. , my shoulders are good and I have a nice back, but whos gonny see it hahahah. not now.. oh to turn back time even just a little ..

Old 04-26-2017, 02:03 PM

831 posts, read 1,485,502 times
Here's my opinion on them! I used to think - ooh - super cute - shows a bit of skin etc.... (I'm 46)
But I have seen the over 65 crowd embrace this fashion and just like "bling" - it seems to me, like a style that older people wear!

Old 04-26-2017, 03:53 PM

3,866 posts, read 7,071,239 times
I'm soooo over it!

I have one top like that which is fine though it can hang funny but I am currently shopping for spring/summer tops and its seems like 80% of items are this way or what some other cut-outs.

Next!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or