Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 07:03 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,227,987 times

Advertisements

Just curious what you do to lessen the dark rings under your eyes? Tried getting enough sleep and it doesn't work. Searched youtube and there are a bunch of tips but don't know which to choose.

Wondering what works for you and what you would recommend. If it's a permanent thing I can live with that but if I can lessen or get rid of them that would be better. Thanks for any tips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2017, 07:08 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,859,038 times
Drink more water, take a multivitamin, get some exercise.

When I had dark circles under my eyes, it was because I was anemic. I had to take iron for a year to improve it. Since you're male it's unlikely that you would be anemic, but you might be lacking some other vitamin.

You can use concealer to cover them. If you get one that's very close to your skin tone and blend it well, you will just look well-rested, not like a man wearing makeup.

Old 04-22-2017, 07:15 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Talk to your doctor or a dermatologist. They can pinpoint why this is happening.It may be age,the skin is thin there as it is and thinning more.

Old 04-22-2017, 07:23 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times
Can be hereditary. My mom had them and so do I. Concealer is about all that can be done.

Old 04-22-2017, 07:23 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
Just curious what you do to lessen the dark rings under your eyes? Tried getting enough sleep and it doesn't work. Searched youtube and there are a bunch of tips but don't know which to choose.

Wondering what works for you and what you would recommend. If it's a permanent thing I can live with that but if I can lessen or get rid of them that would be better. Thanks for any tips.
I heard of many home remedies over the years. But, sadly it's a genetic tendency. I was born with Bags under my eyes.. and during most my life it was well controlled. Today in my later years.. THEY are pronounced once again.

I use to use "Tea Bags" (used) and would place on eye's for about 15-20 minutes.. then cleanse gently afterwards to remove any staining. However, DARK Circles is another level. Here's a list of 6 most remedies suggested ..The ones #2 and #3 worked best for myself.. but can't say I had Dark Circles.. Just those ugly puffy bags!!

6 Useful Home Remedies to Get Rid of Bags under Eyes – Page 6 – First Home Remedies

It's most important that when dealing with this.. that the tissues around the eyes are VERY delicate// and use with caution any cleansing. Gentle soaking is necessary.. NO RUBBING!! Rubbing will only INCREASE swelling and often damages.. that could lead to bruising or discolouration... Those with allergies often have similar dark circles.. then too there are those who are under ++ stress and long hours get dark circles and in some cases.. "Black Eye's" ..as if you had been punched. Saw this in University students during high stress and examination periods!!

Avoid rubbing your eye area IF at all possible.. IF allergies causing itching.. figure out how to treat that cause as well!!

It's sad to say.. but this has nothing to do with you.. but your Genetic inherited tendency!

Old 04-22-2017, 07:51 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
I am going to share my secret with you all. Sudden Change eye serum:

https://www.amazon.com/Sudden-Change...00KJSD1DG?th=1

This stuff is fantastic. Effects are only temporary of course, but you can just reapply. I have it on almost all the time. It won't completely deflate the bags, but it really improves them. It takes a bit of practice to get it just right, but I will never be without it.

Old 04-22-2017, 07:57 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I am going to share my secret with you all. Sudden Change eye serum:

https://www.amazon.com/Sudden-Change...00KJSD1DG?th=1

This stuff is fantastic. Effects are only temporary of course, but you can just reapply. I have it on almost all the time. It won't completely deflate the bags, but it really improves them. It takes a bit of practice to get it just right, but I will never be without it.
Does it cover the dark circles?

Old 04-22-2017, 08:24 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,574,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post

I read that's hereditary and only surgery to remove bags will help.

However, while I don't have bags to the extent of most people my age, I do have then. Skin looks dark under the bags because of shadows.

I tried the hemorrhoid cream. It seemed to help but sure did stink. So I tried a non-scented ointment. It doesn't help the bags.

Coffee is a diuretic, so it helps some.

A low sodium diet helps. I can tell when I've overdone the sodium by how puffy my eyes are the next morning. I naturally eat low sodium, so maybe that's why my bags aren't as much as some my age. But that can change in one day after a high sodium day. And I do have my high sodium days!

I think a person should have 500 - 2300 mg of sodium a day. Track your sodium for a week while you eat normally, to see if your sodium intake is within this range. You might be surprised to see how much, or how little, sodium you consume.

Last edited by bpollen; 04-22-2017 at 08:32 PM..

Old 04-22-2017, 09:03 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Dark circles (not the same thing as under-eye puffiness, which is what is often meant by "bags under eyes") are often hereditary.

Things that treat swelling/water retention/puffiness aren't going to do much for dark circles.

Old 04-22-2017, 09:23 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,815,585 times
The Ordinary has a caffeine solution that I use. I know it reduces puffiness, and it's supposed to reduce dark circles, as well. I don't have dark circles, but it's been fantastic for the puffiness.

The Ordinary | Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG - 30ml
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty