Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 01:49 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,138,210 times

Advertisements

Save your money and see a real dermatologist and get real hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2017, 01:58 PM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Why though if some of us do.... I think their plain silly as everyone knows there not natural .. so much nicer to shave it off..on the other hand it must be very hurtful to a lot of men especially younger men to lose their hair...
My younger son is 30 and has been thinning since his mid 20's. He keeps it super short, almost shaved and it looks nice on him because he has other nice features and a nicely shaped head. He is not happy about it however.

Old 04-24-2017, 02:02 PM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
My younger son is 30 and has been thinning since his mid 20's. He keeps it super short, almost shaved and it looks nice on him because he has other nice features and a nicely shaped head. He is not happy about it however.
Yes I realize this and it must be devastating for younger men or any men for that matter.. One of my sons also has his very short, but like yours he suits it.. as many men do...

Old 04-24-2017, 02:10 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
What part of straggly ponytail is an attractive haircut?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk

Old 04-24-2017, 02:15 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Either embrace the natural look, or shave the head. Plenty of younger men are now doing that, and I've gotten used to the look. A fit guy with a closely shaved head (my personal preference rather than smooth egg shaved) is an attractive guy, especially if he dresses like a grownup.

However my DH is bald and he has kept his fringe. I love him as he is, frankly.

I imagine that men who are still looking for love probably want to present the best image possible. I think the closely shaved or cropped hair is a good look for men with thinning hair.

Old 04-24-2017, 04:45 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,572,039 times
They may look okay right after you get them, but the second your real hair starts getting thinner or greyer, they look really stupid. (Yes, like a rug.)

Old 04-24-2017, 05:16 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,921,401 times
OH Geez- yet another thing to add to my list of being blissfully unaware of- I'll be with someone and they'll say-did you see the bad plastic surgery or fake boobs or butt or lips or teeth or a million other things and I'll say how do you know?- how can you tell-who even pays that much attention to random people you pass by- can't you just say hello and leave it that? I did see Ron Howard on Ellen today and I'm thinking he might look better with a toupee-but it seems to work for his wife so I guess that's all that matters-during the campaign I heard someone mention Joe Biden had hair plugs- again I responded- How can you tell?

Old 04-24-2017, 06:58 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
If a lady can have hair donated when enduring cancer treatments, then a gent can have a toupee to help with the hairloss.

I don't find the shaved bald look appealing.. it's just my opinion. Some skulls need covered..

After seeing the pink or circus colors hair, females can be a bit more accepting of men's hair choices..We don't exactly rock some of the trends..

Old 04-24-2017, 07:25 PM

1,149 posts, read 933,810 times
Yes, I would rather a man use rogaine or have hair implants. On the other hands, I think wigs are cool for women.

Old 04-24-2017, 08:23 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,822 times
Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Yeah wigs look bloody awful bless them

The best alternative I've seen was a hair transplant a " FUE technique " I think it's called and doesn't leave a scar like other techniques where people know you've " done something " LOL!.
After reading this thread I did some internet searches. I honestly never realized this was such a big deal for men. Lots of celebrities do this hair transplants too. Sorry men out this ... I got my own hair. Not really liking or disliking your look based on how much fuzz you got on top of your head !

Don't ever recall saying wow look at the hair on that guy lol ( until he had some crazy hair ex a Mohawk or hair that side show bob).

Could just buy a nice hat ! Oh my god... no wonder hats for men are so popular. Got to wonder what all these men are hiding under those baseball caps !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty