U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 02:46 PM

11,176 posts, read 6,666,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
those velvet hangers are the business I must buy some more...as for the loops I hate them.. they appear out the neckline of down a short sleeve when least expected..
Tuck them into your bra and they wont pop out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 02:51 PM

11,176 posts, read 6,666,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
Me too. They always seem to be digging into my side. Even when I cut them, the rough edges are still very annoying.
Yes, i have a pair of pants where the tags were in the thigh instead of in the back. Since pants are usually form fitting in the thigh, the tag was always digging into or rubbing against my skin. It was so itchy! I tried cutting the tag off, but it only made things worse. I don't know who thought that would be a good spot for a tag. At least when the tag is in the back, it sits against my underwear and not bare skin.

Old 04-26-2017, 04:35 PM

9,191 posts, read 4,000,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Cutting them makes them worse, for me. Ripping them out usually results in needing to mend the seam.

Yep - been there done that. What a PITA.

Old 04-26-2017, 04:52 PM

711 posts, read 392,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
those velvet hangers are the business I must buy some more...as for the loops I hate them.. they appear out the neckline of down a short sleeve when least expected..
The velvet hangers ARE a thing of beauty! Plus, as the zillions of informercials promise, they really do seem to save space in the closet and make it easier to find things.

The one time the loops do come in handy is for a couple overblouses or "dusters" I have. They're cut large, made from a very light weight fabric and just don't stay in place on any hanger. Using the hang loops keeps them in place and keeps them from getting the poked shoulder corner from the hanger.

Old 04-26-2017, 07:11 PM

8,131 posts, read 3,977,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NextStage View Post
The velvet hangers ARE a thing of beauty! Plus, as the zillions of informercials promise, they really do seem to save space in the closet and make it easier to find things.
They really do! I invested in them (I have a lot of clothes, so it was definitely an investment) when I put my house on the market and was staging. I knew the walk-in closet would be a selling feature, so I really wanted to clean it up and organize. When I finished changing out the hangers, I was AMAZED at how much better my closet looked! Everything hung uniformly and the clothes actually had room to breathe. Now that I've moved, I'm in a MUCH smaller closet, but all my clothes still fit. There's no way I would have been able to keep it all if I still had those plastic tube hangers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty