U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 02:48 AM

14,489 posts, read 11,474,558 times

Advertisements

Can someone tell me why womens clothing has those stupid hanging loops inside and does anyone ever use the things.. they just annoy me and have to be cut off as they stick out jumpers and tops and are annoying.. then we have those itchy annoying small labels at the back of the neck of tops etc... I know it has a make and size but then all or most clothes now have one two or three labels on them, not required and what a waste of time and effort on the makers part putting these on...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2017, 06:33 AM

7,964 posts, read 3,862,498 times
I used to use the hanging loops all the time until I invested in the "velvet" hangers. Nothing slides off of them. But back when I used the plastic tube hangers, the loops were an absolute necessity, otherwise much of my wardrobe would be on the floor of my closet.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:23 AM

9,098 posts, read 3,918,635 times
Ditto for what Hertfordshire said. I think part of the reason for the strings is for the store so the clothes stay on the hanger. Now I just cut them off. I also have found more and more clothing companies that are not putting the label on the back of the garment but instead are printing some of the information on the back of the neck (like Hanes no tag t-shirts) or they are putting the label further down near the hip area. I despise those labels as I have very sensitive and easily irritated skin.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:32 AM

35,817 posts, read 39,334,463 times
The labels that get put down along the side seam bug me more, from a sensory standpoint, than ones at the neck. Especially if they hit right at the curve of my waist.

Old 04-25-2017, 04:33 PM

4,236 posts, read 3,028,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
The labels that get put down along the side seam bug me more, from a sensory standpoint, than ones at the neck. Especially if they hit right at the curve of my waist.
Me too. They always seem to be digging into my side. Even when I cut them, the rough edges are still very annoying.

Old 04-26-2017, 05:50 AM

9,098 posts, read 3,918,635 times
I thought it was only me and my oldest who hates tags. My son used to freak out about the seams in his socks when he was young. I read somewhere that our sensory systems are too sensitive.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:35 AM

I have an older granddaughter who has always hated tags at her neck, they brought her out in a rash always.. she has to carefully cut them off... the other things are labels. some garments usually from more expensive shops sometimes have three dangling together what a waste of time and paper..

Old 04-26-2017, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
Me too. They always seem to be digging into my side. Even when I cut them, the rough edges are still very annoying.
Cutting them makes them worse, for me. Ripping them out usually results in needing to mend the seam.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I used to use the hanging loops all the time until I invested in the "velvet" hangers. Nothing slides off of them. But back when I used the plastic tube hangers, the loops were an absolute necessity, otherwise much of my wardrobe would be on the floor of my closet.
those velvet hangers are the business I must buy some more...as for the loops I hate them.. they appear out the neckline of down a short sleeve when least expected..

Old 04-26-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I thought it was only me and my oldest who hates tags. My son used to freak out about the seams in his socks when he was young. I read somewhere that our sensory systems are too sensitive.
Some people have sensory issues above and beyond the norm. I've taught kids with autism who will rip a shirt to shreds because of an annoying tag. I taught a student with Down syndrome and neurological issues who would perseverate on loose threads. He would unravel his socks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty