U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 02:59 PM

6,013 posts, read 5,791,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Sorry to bump, but just to let everyone know that the women's line is making a return as a licensed product line. It is being sold at Kohl's stores. Not sure if this will be an exclusive arrangement.

Last Friday I saw women's new 2018 spring line of IZOD shirts in the ladies all-purpose fashion section at our local Mark's Work Wearhouse store (I'm in Canada) so think it's not an exclusive arrangement they have with Kohl's. The fabric quality and workmanship seemed good but I must admit I found the colours and style to not appeal to my own personal fashion sense. But I do think they would be durable as outdoors work wear and of course fashion isn't an important consideration to me when I'm grubbing around in the dirt outdoors doing gardening and pruning and other rough stuff like that.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2018, 03:14 PM

4,625 posts, read 7,188,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Last Friday I saw women's new 2018 spring line of IZOD shirts in the ladies all-purpose fashion section at our local Mark's Work Wearhouse store (I'm in Canada) so think it's not an exclusive arrangement they have with Kohl's. The fabric quality and workmanship seemed good but I must admit I found the colours and style to not appeal to my own personal fashion sense. But I do think they would be durable as outdoors work wear and of course fashion isn't an important consideration to me when I'm grubbing around in the dirt outdoors doing gardening and pruning and other rough stuff like that.

Since you are in Canada, perhaps they may have a separate national agreement. Kohl's might be the retailer for the U.S. market.

Old 03-06-2018, 03:35 PM

3,529 posts, read 6,204,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiecta View Post
It's true for me as well. And for my girlfriend. It's one reason we stopped buying from places like gap and target etc. Cuts and sizing were never consistent. Clothes didn't hold up in the wash, despite being a stickler for how I handle clothes when washing/drying.

My shirts and pants from better quality brands? I can keep them for years longer and they still fit right and have acceptable amounts of wear for the amount they were worn/washed.

It's not about being 'designer'. But I do appreciate quality and consistancy.
So true.. I used to buy a lot from AE... I had purchased something like 7-8 of the exact same polo in different colors.. Every single one was sized completely different from the others, even though they were all the same size.. Each one of them looked like crap after only a couple washes. I wrote them an email, they said I could return them if I had receipts.. Nope!

Old 03-06-2018, 04:59 PM

18,836 posts, read 12,465,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
So true.. I used to buy a lot from AE... I had purchased something like 7-8 of the exact same polo in different colors.. Every single one was sized completely different from the others, even though they were all the same size.. Each one of them looked like crap after only a couple washes. I wrote them an email, they said I could return them if I had receipts.. Nope!
This is my beef with Kohlís knitwear! Nothing is consistent. I suspect each color is jobbed out to a different vendor. I quit buying their knitwear. Frustrating. And they tended to shrink.

I have older knit shirts fron Lands End that have washed well and still look presentable. If I stick with their all cotton shirts, I have a lot of confidence in them. I am careful how I wash and dry them. I have ordered some knit tees from Bean. They finally are showing shirts that arenít so short. I have high hopes. Their quality is reliable and they are showing soome nice colors this yar.

Old 03-06-2018, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
This is my beef with Kohlís knitwear! Nothing is consistent. I suspect each color is jobbed out to a different vendor. I quit buying their knitwear. Frustrating. And they tended to shrink.

I have older knit shirts fron Lands End that have washed well and still look presentable. If I stick with their all cotton shirts, I have a lot of confidence in them. I am careful how I wash and dry them. I have ordered some knit tees from Bean. They finally are showing shirts that arenít so short. I have high hopes. Their quality is reliable and they are showing soome nice colors this yar.
I know IZOD's solid Advantage Polos have been made in India since they were first released in 2016, but the patterned ones change hands seasonally. I know the Spring 2017 ones were made in Kenya, but Spring 2018 is made in Vietnam.

Old 03-07-2018, 10:20 AM

258 posts, read 116,049 times
IZOD is making a comeback from the 80's. I see it being sold at Nordstroms. Thank goodness they didn't fall into the lets start selling our line at Walmart. They are trying to keep it upscale.

Old 03-07-2018, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabbychic View Post
IZOD is making a comeback from the 80's. I see it being sold at Nordstroms. Thank goodness they didn't fall into the lets start selling our line at Walmart. They are trying to keep it upscale.
I don't think I have seen it at Nordstrom yet. It is mainly a JCPenney and Kohl's brand. Macy's had it, although I am not sure if they still do since I don't see their Spring 2018 collection there. Belk, Bealls Florida, and Amazon also have it. Interestingly Amazon seems to be getting most of the Fairy Tale love this Spring.

Don't confuse IZOD with Lacoste, which is a high-end brand competing with Polo Ralph Lauren. IZOD is a mid-range brand that mainly competes with Ralph Lauren's Chaps brand.

I think the old women's line was carried by Sears (who never carried the men's line) as well as the former outlets, but it looks like the new women's line will be carried at least by Kohl's in the United States. Note that the women's golf line was never discontinued; it is still available and is sold at Belk and Bealls Florida.

Old 03-10-2018, 10:16 AM

13,132 posts, read 7,387,994 times
I noticed IZOD is more popular is Mexico and South America than US. Maybe it is still being sold there. Styles vary in different countries.

Old 03-10-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I noticed IZOD is more popular is Mexico and South America than US. Maybe it is still being sold there. Styles vary in different countries.
Note that international lines may be licensed out to other companies. This is what is actually being done for the women's line. Other lines that I think IZOD licenses out for the US market include jeans, eyewear, watches, underwear, and kids.

Old 03-22-2018, 05:08 PM

Looks like the women's IZOD line is not a Kohl's exclusive, as it is also now available on Amazon. While some of these are sold by Amazon, it looks like a few of these are actually being sold by Adjmi Apparel Group (the current licensee of the women's IZOD line) as a third party seller on Amazon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty