U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 02:28 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,821,235 times

Advertisements

Wear three colors... red, white and blue... bedazzled... and with sequins and/or other accents. Low key doesn't work on the the 4th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2017, 07:35 PM

17,602 posts, read 21,797,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
My tradition is to wear Red on Christmas, Pink on Valentine's Day and Easter, and Green on St. Patrick's Day. However, one holiday where I don't have a specific color to wear is the Fourth of July.

This gives me some potential options - of my IZOD collection, appropriate choices seem to be Real Red, Bright White, or Mazarine Blue. I might be leaning towards the Mazarine Blue, since I use Real Red on Christmas.

Regardless of the brand or the shade, should I wear Red, White, or Blue?

Wear the Mazarine Blue, white jeans or chinos and perhaps a red belt,.

Old 05-06-2017, 10:03 PM

4,141 posts, read 1,732,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
We should have seen this one coming. How the heck did we get past Arbor Day without everyone having to provide their opinions on the exact shade of green polo??
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Does Izod make a seersucker polo?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
Wear three colors... red, white and blue... bedazzled... and with sequins and/or other accents. Low key doesn't work on the the 4th.

Old 05-06-2017, 10:11 PM

2,073 posts, read 1,946,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
My tradition is to wear Red on Christmas, Pink on Valentine's Day and Easter, and Green on St. Patrick's Day. However, one holiday where I don't have a specific color to wear is the Fourth of July. ...
Regardless of the brand or the shade, should I wear Red, White, or Blue?
Yes.

Old 05-06-2017, 11:18 PM

12,305 posts, read 10,071,985 times
Heck, go nekked!!!! Be a rebel.

Old 05-07-2017, 04:16 AM

11,101 posts, read 6,606,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
That's true, July 4th is not the day to wear your typical Izod polo shirt. Something like this will be much more appropriate to celebrate America's birthday:

https://www.theflagshirt.com/America...m?1=1&CartID=0

And according to the description it can also be worn on Memorial Day, Veteran's Day, and to tea parties. Seems like a very versatile shirt.

Old 05-07-2017, 04:25 AM

11,987 posts, read 10,694,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
That's true, July 4th is not the day to wear your typical Izod polo shirt. Something like this will be much more appropriate to celebrate America's birthday:

https://www.theflagshirt.com/America...m?1=1&CartID=0

And according to the description it can also be worn on Memorial Day, Veteran's Day, and to tea parties. Seems like a very versatile shirt.
Sunday, bite your tongue! The poster's signature look is an Izod polo. He has to be true to himself. A t-shirt on a holiday? If he wants to go with something a little more razzle, I agree with the suggestion that he wears white chinos, red belt and blue polo. I suggest the belt have rhinestones and sparkle for that extra over the top look.

Whatever the OP decides, I know I for one CAN'T WAIT to find out what he is going to wear 60 days from now! I wish he would have started thinking about it a little sooner, but there is still time to prepare if he manages his time well.

Old 05-07-2017, 09:20 AM

19,065 posts, read 10,093,838 times
I was going to say wear all three with popped collars. It doesn't matter that you live in Arizona. Sometimes you have to suffer to be fashionable.

Old 05-07-2017, 09:27 AM

3,219 posts, read 1,495,745 times
It's summer. Wear all white. Gold jewelry. Very classy.

Old 05-07-2017, 11:24 AM

32,166 posts, read 39,263,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post

Whatever the OP decides, I know I for one CAN'T WAIT to find out what he is going to wear 60 days from now! I wish he would have started thinking about it a little sooner, but there is still time to prepare if he manages his time well.
Hey now. Goose season doesn't start until the middle of November and I'm considering getting a new parka with a different camo pattern. Stop your forward looking shaming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty