U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 02:06 AM

17,572 posts, read 21,756,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I think there might be some characters in shows or films that I consistently think are styled really well, but none specifically are coming to mind. But not so much any particular celebs, themselves.
I can agree with that. There may be some characters who have introduces me - or opened my mind to - certain styles or looks.

However, I have my own style and my own look.

Ideas? Perhaps. Imitation? NEVER!

Celeb crushes? Ewww...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2017, 03:24 AM

6,121 posts, read 3,320,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
People LOL. This thread is about your own personal style crushes and not hating on mine lol :P! To be fair though I was in a hurry and did not get a chance to pick the greatest photos of Kim. Her make up look rocks.
Really? What do you think she'd look like if all that crap was chiseled off and she was steam cleaned?

Old 05-06-2017, 10:04 AM

26,875 posts, read 28,154,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Really? What do you think she'd look like if all that crap was chiseled off and she was steam cleaned?
She's naturally pretty - but looking a lot more plastic these days. Good genes in that family, it's too bad all of the ladies spend so much time covering it up.

I liked Kim's clothing a lot better back in the days she actually wore color. Now it is too many neutrals and she has the sort of skin tone that looks great with brights and saturated colors. She is much too done this days.

I can't really think of many style crushes. Maybe Michelle Obama, Kate Middleton and Angeline Jolie now (not when she first started). Kerry Washington too. But generally celeb style isn't a big influencer for me. I don't try to emulate. I am more likely to Be inspired by a fashion designer or real life person with my lifestyle. Or ladies who lunch (in the old school way).

Old 05-06-2017, 11:23 AM

12,685 posts, read 9,432,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
Kim Kardashian looks like a Vegas stripper to me...
Hey. Don't insult Vegas strippers.

Old 05-06-2017, 12:19 PM

4,236 posts, read 3,030,690 times
I love the styles of

Queen Letizia
Kate Middleton
Claire Underwood in "House of Cards"

I wouldn't call them my style crushes. However, my body type and taste in clothing is VERY similar to theirs, so I'm sometimes inspired by their outfits.

Old 05-06-2017, 01:03 PM

6,754 posts, read 3,359,240 times
Default .........

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
I think she would still look good, but in a muted way. I love her make up. I am going to try one of the looks with the shinner eye lid today or tomorrow.

Old 05-06-2017, 01:18 PM

3,749 posts, read 7,236,375 times
Kate Middleton, Ivanka Trump, Blake Lively.

Old 05-06-2017, 01:56 PM

711 posts, read 387,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
She's naturally pretty - but looking a lot more plastic these days. Good genes in that family, it's too bad all of the ladies spend so much time covering it up.

I liked Kim's clothing a lot better back in the days she actually wore color. Now it is too many neutrals and she has the sort of skin tone that looks great with brights and saturated colors. She is much too done this days.

I can't really think of many style crushes. Maybe Michelle Obama, Kate Middleton and Angeline Jolie now (not when she first started). Kerry Washington too. But generally celeb style isn't a big influencer for me. I don't try to emulate. I am more likely to Be inspired by a fashion designer or real life person with my lifestyle. Or ladies who lunch (in the old school way).
Agreed on Kim K. feeling much too done. Contrived is the feel I get - and it's a look I just don't care for.

I like the style of the other ladies on your list too. What they wear isn't really the same style that I gravitate to - but I like their look nonetheless.

I tend to buy what I want rather than trying to emulate someone else. I don't see a celeb and think oh, I want to look like that. I think though there are people in the public eye that I see and think it's a look I like.

Old 05-06-2017, 04:32 PM

9,109 posts, read 3,927,959 times
Kim K is a beautiful woman WITHOUT all the make-up and tacky, horrible clothing. She is naturally pretty but looks so fake and being married to Kanye has not improved her style choices at all.

There really isn't anybody out there who I would call my personal style "crush". I have copied some of Victoria Beckham's hairstyles but as far as clothes can't think of anyone. Kate Middleton always looks nice but a little too subdued. If it doesn't matter if they are now deceased. most likely Princess Di after she had been married to Prince Charles for awhile and had professional stylists.

Old 05-06-2017, 04:48 PM

724 posts, read 1,108,042 times
Oh, chiluvr1228,

I so agree with your concluding statement about Princess Diana. Just last night I watched a Dateline (or maybe 20/20?) about her. Of course I knew who she was but never really followed her looks. As you said, once she invested in stylists, just WOW to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or