U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 09:54 PM

2,892 posts, read 1,017,878 times

Advertisements

there are good and bad targets.

where I live now has a bad target. bad lighting, uninteresting stuff, bad store layout.

be happy you have a good one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 12:04 AM

1,667 posts, read 690,649 times
I love looking at their discounted pj's. I don't know why but if I'm in that section I do stop and browse. And before my kindle I was always browsing their paperbacks. I used to go to the back of the store and see what's been put in the discount areas. . . Go me!

Our Target has a grocery section. I can do all my shopping there. Sometimes the prices are better and I do love their bakery goods. Now that I think about it, I only visit Target once every 3 months or so. . . Otherwise I spend too much money. !!

Old 05-09-2017, 07:28 AM

9,101 posts, read 3,923,269 times
I like Target's quality better than Wal-Mart and I do buy some clothes there for my 8 year old granddaughter but I have a hard time finding clothes to fit me as they don't carry petites. I got a work-out top with a built-in bra as a gift and it was practically down to my knees. I also never had luck with their towels, they always fade or develop these weird light color blotches after being washed a few times. I do love their Shabby Chic bed sheets as they are 100% cotton and oversized.

I mostly go in there for health & beauty products and when I'm there I'll check out the children's clothes.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:46 AM

491 posts, read 230,819 times
How do you accidentally end up buying PJ's when wanting to buy food? You obviously were aware of the PJ's beforehand and went into the Target with the intention of possibly buying it, so it was really Target's marketing that made it all happen. I think that's what happened.

Target is not really like Costco, where they jumble everything up and get you to impulse buy in a more effective manner. With Target, most people didn't even know Target even sold PJ's, let alone be influenced by them.

Target is an interesting company, because they definitely are a competitor to Walmart and somehow they've been able to stick around because they offer quality home supplies and the clothing and exclusive food items they get sometimes, but mostly because they're clean stores. I like Target too. I like their Marona clothing brand or whatever it's called.

Old 05-09-2017, 01:49 PM

1,763 posts, read 1,170,126 times
I go there to grab a few things and always end up finding stuff to buy that is on clearance!

Those bins in the front of the store get me every time too.

Old 05-13-2017, 10:27 AM

680 posts, read 655,899 times
I only went for two things today, came out with over $100 worth of stuff.
I don't know what happened.
I went in for a wallet. They were having a sale 30% off handbags. I saw a cute purse and bought it. It's Mother's Day, why not, right?
Then they had the Hidden Figures DVD on sale for $10! I saw the movie at the theater and truth be told that DVD will probably never see the light of day. But I figured it would be nice to have in the collection. The last time I bought a DVD was about three years ago, but this one was $10.
My son wanted apple juice, I wound up in the grocery section browsing and picking up stuff there. Stuff I didn't need bc I went to the grocery before going to target.
It seems when I walk through those doors I lose all my willpower and reasoning.

Last edited by jaynaydee; 05-13-2017 at 10:41 AM..

Old 05-13-2017, 10:36 AM

13,144 posts, read 7,393,567 times
Target has gotten so expensive I don't shop there anymore. It's an overpriced Walmart, in Texas at least.

Old 05-13-2017, 11:59 AM

142 posts, read 57,492 times
That PJ is actually cute, don't like the price, though. I prefer Kohl's clearance racks. In fact, whenever I enter a store that's always what I look for - clearance racks.

Kohl's clearance racks though, man, I always feel like I bought clothes for a steal LITERALLY my jaw drops when I see $1 price tag on there. One time I literally saw .49 cents tag.

Old 05-13-2017, 12:01 PM

142 posts, read 57,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Target has gotten so expensive I don't shop there anymore. It's an overpriced Walmart, in Texas at least.
It actually always is. I told my husband that. And that Home depot is overpriced Menard's. Like it is the target to their walmart.

Old 05-13-2017, 01:57 PM

3,932 posts, read 3,638,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Target has some stuff that is better quality than similar priced or even more expensive stuff. For example the Merona tank tops are super cheap and hold up nicely. I have some that are 5+ years old that have held their shape and color. Occasionally I have gotten one that lasts a year, but they are about $8 typically. Gap tanks are no longer so durable.

I also have some knit cardigans that are just now seeming stretched out 6 or 7 (maybe even longer) years later. They have well served their purpose.

I have great success with the workout clothes as well. I can't think of any that have needed to be retired in my wardrobe. There are other brands that are nicer, but these work well and are at least 50% cheaper.

Walmart is really far for me, and feels a lot junkier than Target. So I prefer Target. It isn't much more expensive than Walmart and most things are really close in price.
The pjs and night dressses at Target are super cute and wash well. Target is my favorite affordable place to shop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty