U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 09:36 PM

11,023 posts, read 6,574,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I don't wear any specific colors for any holiday. In fact, I try not to. It feels way too pep rally-ish for my taste.
I too try to avoid wearing specific colors if I remember the holiday while getting dressed. It just always seemed weird that I should be expected to wear a certain color because of the calander date.

We were watching The Players tournament (cup? SO is the golf fan, not me) on Mother's Day and 90% of the crowd was wearing pink. It just looked like they all belonged to some stepford wives golf cult.

This past St. Patrick's Day I went to a fish fry with my family. Even though we have Irish ancestors, none of us were wearing green. Everyone said they didn't even own anything green, and didn't see the point of going out and buying green just for one day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 10:33 PM

4,103 posts, read 1,718,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
what an odd, odd, fetish the op has.
x1000.

OP- why don't you understand that most people don't plan outfits months in advance?
Nor wear colors, head to toe, that match with a holiday?

Old 05-17-2017, 12:08 AM

12,438 posts, read 13,091,627 times
white on Yom Kippur

OP seems to have a lot of Izod in his wardrobe.
he'll need to check that fiber content is not mixed wool and linen.

Old 05-17-2017, 02:28 AM

9,316 posts, read 17,956,414 times
Purple for Buddha's Birthday. Hawaiian prints for Kuhio Day and Kamehameha Day (two holidays we get in Hawaii that many folks miss out on). Fourth of July is red, white & blue all at the same time (I've got a couple of Hawaiian prints in just those colors, makes it easy) That also doubles up for Statehood Day, although folks are kinda ambivalent about Statehood Day. Black and Orange for Halloween or just black. I've got a tee shirt with a big turkey on it for Thanksgiving and it's always fun to wear jingle bells for Christmas. Oh, and anything glittery for New Years. Best if it's red and glittery but gold and glittery will do, too.

Old 05-17-2017, 09:46 AM
Status: "Fighting off mauraders, again..." (set 11 days ago)

1,395 posts, read 434,648 times
It sounds like the OP is younger, with a sense of fun & adventure & looks forward to celebrations.

Like others, I don't own much in the green, red, blue realm, so don't have clothing that's specific to any holiday. I, too, haven't purchased t-shirts that can be worn on 1 day only & as a rule, don't prefer logo tees but, versatile, solid colors that can be worn dressed up or down.

My 2 red dresses are a bit risque to wear to work on Christmas or Valentine's Day... they'd think I'd lost my mind if I slinked into work, wearing a bodycon dress, heels & a hardhat. I should mention, with my work, I visit construction sites regularly. They're more outfits to wear for a special event... ballet, theatre, special dinners & sadly, I've had none of those in a couple of years.

I'm all for green on St. Paddy's, but again, my 2 green suits are overly dressy... either could be worn to an outdoor wedding. Very few office environments require suits, these days, but the construction crews would no doubt take up a collection for my mental health visits should I show up wearing a silk suit, particularly in emerald or lime green. (Hey, don't judge... they look better than they sound!)

My wardrobe is varied... I own everything from gowns to leather skirts to plaid shorts to funky, punky gear. Just nothing particularly holiday-ish. I did see some cool, orange, H'ween tees this year when traveling (forget the logos now), so maybe I should join in the spirit of adventure of the OP & purchase one this year... although, I cannot see myself dressed as Besty Ross or Uncle Sam on July 4, even though it's an awesome holiday.

Your outfits sound fun, OP. Have fun!

Old 05-17-2017, 10:02 AM

7,975 posts, read 3,874,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post
It sounds like the OP is younger, with a sense of fun & adventure & looks forward to celebrations.
I don't think OP cares about the celebration. He's just obsessed with his IZOD collection and likes coming up with excuses to discuss the specific color names at great length.
[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]

Old 05-17-2017, 10:29 AM

4,631 posts, read 7,195,895 times
Quote:
I don't think OP cares about the celebration. He's just obsessed with his IZOD collection and likes coming up with excuses to discuss the specific color names at great length.
[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]
Actually, on Christmas Eve I wore a red Chaps dress shirt to a Christmas party (I can't remember the exact name of the color). I do own a striped Chaps polo shirt in a shade of pink known as Blossom. I'm not sure what is the source of Chaps' color names. IZOD (and presumably PVH's other brands) mostly gets its color names from Pantone (although I can't seem to find Real Red in Pantone's database).

After all, Chaps is probably IZOD's closest competitor in terms of price and style. I simply prefer IZOD's styles over Chaps most of the time, plus IZOD has a larger retail footprint than Chaps (IZOD available at JCPenney, Macy's, Kohl's, and Belk as well as online, vs. Chaps available at Kohl's, Belk, and online).

Last edited by Pink Jazz; 05-17-2017 at 10:37 AM..

Old 05-17-2017, 10:29 AM

4 posts, read 1,004 times
Yes It will be great for fourth of July, I have never think about the colors of clothes on any occasions But I think It should be vary with the occasion with your feeling for that day. I am with your choice, It will look attractive and different out of all.

Old 05-17-2017, 10:32 AM

11,064 posts, read 8,991,849 times
I wear white and red on Casimir Pulaski day.

Old 05-17-2017, 10:43 AM
Status: "Fighting off mauraders, again..." (set 11 days ago)

1,395 posts, read 434,648 times
Quote:
Hahaha. I was going to say you might be missing the spirit of fun... then read the Izod-centric post following your last. Haha. You win. I still find the humor in it, but yeah, that's alotta green lizards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or