U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 10:56 AM

72,664 posts, read 64,111,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I did my thread asking whether I should wear red, white, or blue on the Fourth of July. Based on the ideas in the thread, I am tentatively planning to wear a Real Red IZOD polo shirt with some blue shorts.

So, I decided to create a thread about if you wear a certain color on any specific holidays.

On Christmas I always wear red (most recently a Real Red IZOD Advantage Polo).

On Valentine's Day I always wear pink (most recently a Fairy Tale IZOD Feeder Stripe Interlock Polo).

On St. Patrick's Day I usually wear green (most recently an Absinthe Green IZOD Advantage Polo).

On Easter I always wear something pink and a bit more formal (most recently a Fairy Tale IZOD Pelican Print Oxford Button Down).

However, this will be my first time wearing a specific color for the Fourth of July. I might wear my Real Red IZOD Windward Cool Interlock Polo instead of the Advantage Polo.
Seriously? If that's fun for you, go for it. But I once accidentally wore a green outfit on St. Pat's day to work (I didn't know it was St. Pat's--I just like green), and one of my co-workers laughed me out of the office, practically. She kept pointing at me and howling with laughter. I had no idea what was going on. Anyway, apparently wearing holiday colors is considered too corny in some parts of the US. Go figure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 11:21 AM

7,964 posts, read 3,862,498 times
Quote:
Actually, on Christmas Eve I wore a red Chaps dress shirt to a Christmas party (I can't remember the exact name of the color). I do own a striped Chaps polo shirt in a shade of pink known as Blossom. I'm not sure what is the source of Chaps' color names. IZOD (and presumably PVH's other brands) mostly gets its color names from Pantone (although I can't seem to find Real Red in Pantone's database).

After all, Chaps is probably IZOD's closest competitor in terms of price and style. I simply prefer IZOD's styles over Chaps most of the time, plus IZOD has a larger retail footprint than Chaps (IZOD available at JCPenney, Macy's, Kohl's, and Belk as well as online, vs. Chaps available at Kohl's, Belk, and online).
Thank you for illustrating my point for us.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:42 AM

4,629 posts, read 7,192,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Thank you for illustrating my point for us.
One thing that I have really liked in the past two years is that IZOD has become a little more innovative with its polo shirts for 2016 and 2017. Rather than putting all of its marketing resources on traditional polo shirts (which is sold as the Heritage Polo), they are putting more marketing resources on their Advantage Polo. The Advantage Polo is a 60/40 moisture wicking polo shirt with more stretch and UPF-15 sun protection. While this has increased their prices slightly, it hasn't by much. One thing that I really like about them is that they don't wrinkle as much as 100% cotton polo shirts.

I own several Advantage Polos from both the Spring 2016 and Spring 2017 collections, as well as two from the Basic 2016 (year-round colors) collection.

From the Spring 2016 collection, I have the Advantage Polo in Cradle Pink, Absinthe Green, Blue Radiance, Tea Rose, and Dusted Peri.

From Basic 2016, I have Real Red and Bright White.

From Spring 2017, I have Fairy Tale (with green stripes), two in Mazarine Blue (one solid and one with white stripes), Peony, Rapture Rose (with white stripes), Sheer Lilac (with turquoise stripes), and Blue Radiance (with lilac stripes). I think the Fairy Tale is a perfect spring look.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:50 AM
Status: "Fighting off mauraders, again..." (set 10 days ago)

1,391 posts, read 432,715 times
Fairy Tale indeed. I believe Ricky Gervais has infiltrated the thread. Who knew he was an Izod rep.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:19 AM

Apparently the OP doesn't recognize when someone is being facetious.

Old 05-18-2017, 12:10 PM

21,464 posts, read 22,698,975 times
Quote:
He's either on the spectrum, or just really committed to the bit.

Old 05-18-2017, 12:13 PM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Quote:
Actually, on Christmas Eve I wore a red Chaps dress shirt to a Christmas party (I can't remember the exact name of the color). I do own a striped Chaps polo shirt in a shade of pink known as Blossom. I'm not sure what is the source of Chaps' color names. IZOD (and presumably PVH's other brands) mostly gets its color names from Pantone (although I can't seem to find Real Red in Pantone's database).

After all, Chaps is probably IZOD's closest competitor in terms of price and style. I simply prefer IZOD's styles over Chaps most of the time, plus IZOD has a larger retail footprint than Chaps (IZOD available at JCPenney, Macy's, Kohl's, and Belk as well as online, vs. Chaps available at Kohl's, Belk, and online).
What a blast from the past. I haven't worn an Izod shirt or even heard anyone mention them since I was in grade school back in 1983. Do you wear them with Jordache jeans?

Old 05-18-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
What a blast from the past. I haven't worn an Izod shirt or even heard anyone mention them since I was in grade school back in 1983. Do you wear them with Jordache jeans?
And a Members Only jacket.

Old 05-18-2017, 01:40 PM

4,629 posts, read 7,192,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I wear the modern IZOD, not IZOD Lacoste. IZOD today is part of PVH as a mid-level preppy brand, competing chiefly with Ralph Lauren's Chaps brand, while competing more loosely on the lower end with U.S. Polo Assn and on the higher end with Nautica. The golfwear competes with brands such as PGA Tour and Greg Norman.

As for my jeans I mostly wear Arizona jeans.

Old 05-18-2017, 05:33 PM
Status: "Fighting off mauraders, again..." (set 10 days ago)

1,391 posts, read 432,715 times
Quote:
It's impossible to partake in facetiousness while wearing a pink blossom Izod. Simply impossible!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or