U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 07:34 PM

3,207 posts, read 1,488,209 times

Advertisements

I wear black, white, cream, denim, tan almost exclusively. Silly to wear certain colors for holidays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 07:46 PM

4,109 posts, read 1,720,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Thank you for illustrating my point for us.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
He's either on the spectrum, or just really committed to the bit.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I wear the modern IZOD, not IZOD Lacoste. IZOD today is part of PVH as a mid-level preppy brand, competing chiefly with Ralph Lauren's Chaps brand, while competing more loosely on the lower end with U.S. Polo Assn and on the higher end with Nautica. The golfwear competes with brands such as PGA Tour and Greg Norman.

As for my jeans I mostly wear Arizona jeans
You go through this whole obsession with knowing the brand, all mall locations in a 50mi. radius and the 1001 style & color names and then you wear JCPenney jeans?

Old 05-18-2017, 10:42 PM

4,634 posts, read 7,199,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
You go through this whole obsession with knowing the brand, all mall locations in a 50mi. radius and the 1001 style & color names and then you wear JCPenney jeans?
I'm not too selective when it comes to picking jeans; many of my jeans look fairly similar and are simply different shades of blue. I don't pay attention to the specific shades, which is why I never mention them on forums. I don't care too much about the brand when it comes to jeans, although since both Arizona and IZOD are sold at JCPenney I have a one-stop shop to buy my jeans and my shirts.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:05 AM

11,068 posts, read 8,998,172 times
I'd love to do an analysis of the number of times you've said the word IZOD in your 3,406 (as it now stands) posts. It has to be well over 10,000 times.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:33 PM

4,634 posts, read 7,199,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post
It's impossible to partake in facetiousness while wearing a pink blossom Izod. Simply impossible!
Blossom is actually one of the colors of my Chaps polo shirts. The main color of my IZOD shirts is Fairy Tale, although I own several in other colors as well (Cradle Pink probably being the second most common).

Old 05-19-2017, 06:41 PM

3,474 posts, read 659,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I don't pay any attention to the holidays for choosing clothes. I wear whatever I feel like that day that's comfortable. I am still in the habit of wearing green on St. Patrick's day from the old days of pinching, (which can get you in trouble now) but even then it may be a long sleeved shirt that has some green in it like this one I wore last March 17th, a work day.
Nice shirt! I could see a nice looking guy wearing it.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:48 PM
Status: "Fighting off mauraders, again..." (set 12 days ago)

1,397 posts, read 435,564 times
Quote:
Blossom is actually one of the colors of my Chaps polo shirts. The main color of my IZOD shirts is Fairy Tale, although I own several in other colors as well (Cradle Pink probably being the second most common).
Of course... what was I thinking. Glad you're enjoying your wardrobe.

Old 05-19-2017, 11:28 PM

13,050 posts, read 21,168,230 times
Quote:
Fairy Tale, you say?

Yeah, I wouldn't even know where to look for an IZOD SHIRT. I have literally not seen any IZOD clothing on a store rack in ages. This must be a regional thing.

So what kind of socks do you pair your ensembles with? What type of shoes? I want to get a visual.

Old 05-20-2017, 12:24 AM

26,163 posts, read 14,467,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle
I don't wear any specific colors for any holiday. In fact, I try not to. It feels way too pep rally-ish for my taste.
No neither Do I,the whole thing is not needed I think.....

On christmas for example I have one the same stuff I usually do

Old 05-20-2017, 05:20 AM

5 posts, read 2,020 times
Light colors reflect light better, therefore wearing light colored clothes will keep you more cool on a hot sunny day. On the other hand, wearing dark colored clothes will make you feel even warmer since dark colors tend to absorb the heat. This is especially so for black colored clothing. Hence, its better to wear light colored clothes on sunny days to reduce the heat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or