Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 10:53 AM

7,326 posts, read 12,325,478 times

Advertisements

I did my thread asking whether I should wear red, white, or blue on the Fourth of July. Based on the ideas in the thread, I am tentatively planning to wear a Real Red IZOD polo shirt with some blue shorts.

So, I decided to create a thread about if you wear a certain color on any specific holidays.

On Christmas I always wear red (most recently a Real Red IZOD Advantage Polo).

On Valentine's Day I always wear pink (most recently a Fairy Tale IZOD Feeder Stripe Interlock Polo).

On St. Patrick's Day I usually wear green (most recently an Absinthe Green IZOD Advantage Polo).

On Easter I always wear something pink and a bit more formal (most recently a Fairy Tale IZOD Pelican Print Oxford Button Down).

However, this will be my first time wearing a specific color for the Fourth of July. I might wear my Real Red IZOD Windward Cool Interlock Polo instead of the Advantage Polo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 11:04 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
I don't pay any attention to the holidays for choosing clothes. I wear whatever I feel like that day that's comfortable. I am still in the habit of wearing green on St. Patrick's day from the old days of pinching, (which can get you in trouble now) but even then it may be a long sleeved shirt that has some green in it like this one I wore last March 17th, a work day.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:16 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,031,299 times
I wear green on St. Patrick's day. But really only do so for my Irish heritage.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:18 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
I don't wear any specific colors for any holiday. In fact, I try not to. It feels way too pep rally-ish for my taste.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:14 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
What an odd, odd, fetish the OP has.

I don't wear specific colors for any holiday with the possible exception of green for St. Patricks day or a t-shirt with a flag on it for the Fourth. I also don't plan my holiday outfits weeks in advance. I will probably wake up on July 4th and hope that the flag t-shirt is clean.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:16 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,031,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
. I also don't plan my holiday outfits weeks in advance.
I do not plan any outfits out. I will sometimes wear the same thing two days in a row. Like I come home from work, strip in front of the washer, wash & dry, and then the next morning get dressed in front of the dryer, pulling out the exact outfit I wore the day before. I do not even care.

Old 05-16-2017, 03:56 PM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times
I do the usual: autumn colors for Thanksgiving, green or red for Christmas, pastels for Easter and red, white & blue for Memorial Day & Independence Day.

Since I live in Florida where the seasons all seem the same I change my clothing colors and even my throws, pillows, placemats, etc. from season to season. Plus that way I don't get tired of looking at the same décor all the time.

Old 05-16-2017, 06:27 PM

4,991 posts, read 5,282,508 times
For Christmas, I have a selection of ugly Christmas sweaters that mainly come in snowman. I usually wear snowmen for Christmas.

I have a selection of Halloween shirts that I drag out for Halloween. They are orange and black as expected with spiders or pumpkins. I usually dress as a witch at night.

I wear the lively red, white and blue for 4th of July because it is a day that should be celebrated. I have flag tshirts also.

Easter is usually pajamas because it's the only way I can keep up with Easter Bunny.

I don't celebrate Valentine's day on that day so I don't bother wearing red. I usually pull out my diamonds since my husband gave them to me.

St. Patrick's day is for green earrings and socks. I'll throw in some shamrock jewelry if I find it.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:40 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,255,476 times
I might have my toes done up to match the holiday...but that's about it.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:12 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
I didn't know this was a thing. I dress on Halloween, but not a coded color, I wear costumes. I wear clothes and shoes for comfort typically, never worried about which colors I wore on which holiday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty