U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 09:33 PM

1,446 posts, read 1,746,211 times

Advertisements

not sure if this is the right forum/thread to post in, but would like to know which brands of athletic shoes have the best traction on wet floor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 09:08 PM

Location: Follow the oil exhaust cloud until you run out of gas, then turn left
802 posts, read 228,780 times
Vans, especiallt the "classic" ones like the slipons or SK8HI. You know, the ones "jeffersondavis" has closets full of.

Worst, most basketball shoes including Nike Air Jordans. Nike Air Force One's are sort of better than OK.

You could also try something with a VIBRAM lug-sole.

Old 05-18-2017, 05:46 PM

3,426 posts, read 2,908,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
not sure if this is the right forum/thread to post in, but would like to know which brands of athletic shoes have the best traction on wet floor
What kind of activities are you doing on a wet floor? Are you looking for shoes with good traction for outdoor running? Shoes with good traction for tennis on concrete? Can you be more specific. When you say "Wet floor" it sound like maybe its something INDOORS because people only refer to "floors" as indoors. Maybe indoor volleyball? Basketball?

Old 05-18-2017, 07:44 PM

3,479 posts, read 663,614 times
Skechers makes shoes with good traction.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
What kind of activities are you doing on a wet floor? Are you looking for shoes with good traction for outdoor running? Shoes with good traction for tennis on concrete? Can you be more specific. When you say "Wet floor" it sound like maybe its something INDOORS because people only refer to "floors" as indoors. Maybe indoor volleyball? Basketball?
actually, i work in healthcare, and have to assess how patients bathe/shower themselves, hence the need for shoes that have good traction on wet floors. and not just that, athletic leather shoes so at least it'll repel some of the spray. i usually end up with wet socks after two showers, and i typically do 2-3 in a day, ~3x a week. i do have zippable shoe covers that i use on weekends when i mostly do bathing assessments and they have better traction on wet floors than any of my current athletic shoes, but not on weekdays when i have to transition from non-bathing treatments to bathing assessments within 5 minutes between patients, and those shoe covers are not easy to put on/take off, especially when wet.

Old 05-21-2017, 03:18 PM

i need athletic leather shoes that have the traction of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Benran-Covers...1PP&th=1&psc=1

i'm surprised actual shoes don't have this kind of traction. i just tested a newly bought kids reebok (just regulation athletic school leather shoes) but still slippery on wet floor

Old 05-21-2017, 06:24 PM

11,106 posts, read 6,611,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
i'm surprised actual shoes don't have this kind of traction. i just tested a newly bought kids reebok (just regulation athletic school leather shoes) but still slippery on wet floor
Do you need actual athletic shoes, or can you get slip resistant shoes like what kitchen staff and servers wear? They come in all different styles if you want the look of athletic shoes. When I worked in restaurants I always bought these shoes from Wal-Mart for under $20. They worked just fine on wet kitchen floors.

Old 05-21-2017, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Do you need actual athletic shoes, or can you get slip resistant shoes like what kitchen staff and servers wear? They come in all different styles if you want the look of athletic shoes. When I worked in restaurants I always bought these shoes from Wal-Mart for under $20. They worked just fine on wet kitchen floors.
it has to be athletic shoes (not just the look of athletic shoes) since i do a lot of very physical activities when treating/evaluating patients. at the same time, they have to be leather, or water resistant, so i won't end up with wet socks after doing two bathing assessments.

thing is too, i have very small feet. i need size 4 for ladies, size 2 for kids.

Old 05-21-2017, 07:56 PM

10,868 posts, read 18,944,912 times
The best shoes for slippery floors are Crocs. They come in kids' sizes too. Is there any way you could change your shoes between the bathing assessments and the other part of your job? I've never seen a pair of water resistant shoes that wouldn't get soggy from water dripping in around the socks.

Old 05-21-2017, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
The best shoes for slippery floors are Crocs. They come in kids' sizes too. Is there any way you could change your shoes between the bathing assessments and the other part of your job? I've never seen a pair of water resistant shoes that wouldn't get soggy from water dripping in around the socks.
sorry, can't tolerate crocs. too uncomfortable.

i could carry a plastic bag around for extra shoes/socks, but a lot of times, i already carry a lot of stuff with me (a binder of paperwork, a basket of toiletries in case the patient doesn't have any), but i'll keep that in mind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty