U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 01:59 PM

8,419 posts, read 14,337,714 times

Advertisements

I love vintage Coach!

I have been picking them up cheap and refurbishing them for years. They are classics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 05:50 PM

7,308 posts, read 8,645,070 times
I have a Chloe Paddy that is a limited edition, so only 50 were made.

I have a Fendi Fortuny that is pretty rare and the leather design is too expensive for counterfeiters to knock off.

I have a lot of Koobas that I purchased way before they became popular. I think they may have even been manufactured in the states (before they started outsourcing to China.)

Old 11-29-2009, 02:39 PM

3,322 posts, read 3,293,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkadellia View Post
Wow, what do I pick first?

I own: Etienne Aigner, Fendi, and Chanel. Took me forever to pay for them...but I love em!

Oh and I do carry Coach as well....just can't break the old habits....

Now if ya wanna talk shoes..........

Etienne Aigner was the brand I was about to reccommend, since they have been around forever, and their stuff holds up amazingly! I still have a wallet, bag, and boots that match (their siggy burgandy color), that were my grandmother's in the late 70's early 80's. They are back in style and look almost new.

I also love their new "vintage" line, especially the 60's bag.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:54 PM

1,627 posts, read 2,538,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redjuel View Post
While I do still love my Coach bags (none of them with the Cs), I've recently branched out to Hype and Elliott Lucca. Hype is very trendy, so cute, and in the low $200s. My newest Hype is the patent leather red Marella. Elliott Lucca purses are made of the softest leather and also in the low $200s. My newest Elliott Lucca is the Gabrielle which is muted silver. I get complimented on it almost every day.
I really like Hype bags, I plan to buy another in a few weeks. Super stylish and for a great price (<$200). Can't beat that.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:08 AM

2,118 posts, read 2,654,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post
I will be the first to admit that I am a BAG lady.
Don't buy too many expensive bags, you'll end up..

http://www.bagladypat.com/BagLadyPat2.jpg (broken link)

Old 11-30-2009, 10:58 AM

296 posts, read 483,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post
I will be the first to admit that I am a BAG lady.

I love bags and I have a ton. I have way more Coach than anyone should (started when I was 19 and just kept going) and a few Fendi, LV and other recognizable brands.

But the older I get, I am starting to get sick of A) so many people having the same bag as me and B) seeing so many disgusting knock offs floating around. So I am starting to branch out to other less logo-obsessed and less faked designers as well to just change up my collection a bit.

Any of you ladies admire or buy bags of other designers outside the typical Gucci, Coach, Louie, etc.? Would love to hear about everyone's taste and maybe learn about some new brands.

My most recent handbag purchase was a Rebecca Minkoff. I LOVE her bags now and can't wait to get my hands on another. Would really recommend her if you like soft, smooshy leather.

I have also been admiring TANO brand handbags lately, and would love to add one of those to my collection soon.

I adore Balenciaga and all the wonderful colors, but I totally can't afford one!

I think everyone and their mothers have the NYLON Coach bags as they are less expensive than the actual leather ones. I stopped buying nylon a few years ago, as I figured it was a waste of money and like you said everyone has one. I've cut back on the big purse spending after I bought my first Prada 2 years ago. I've recently started scouting random boutiques for little known designers, just so I could have something different. My favorite right now is Brynn Capella; the company is local and the clutches are adorable and affordable.

Brynn Capella | A Boutique Handbag Collection | Made in the USA (http://www.brynncapella.com/v2/index.php - broken link)

Old 11-30-2009, 12:12 PM

29,990 posts, read 20,952,792 times
Galco leather purses. Because they are be most attractive option that include a secure holster and dedicated compartment for my firearm.
Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters

Old 11-30-2009, 12:33 PM

9,000 posts, read 8,946,014 times
Call me a sheep but I love the Kathy purses. My girlfriend purchased one for me from Amazon. I can't wait til it comes in.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:49 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,533,714 times
I am a vintage Louis lover but Botega Venetta has gorgeous bags! Lana Marks and Todds also. Cole Haan bags are very well made and not too pricey.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:52 PM

17,323 posts, read 12,230,617 times
Kate Spade and Furla are much less common, and still pretty well made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty