U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 06:18 PM
BMI

6,521 posts, read 3,792,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
Smegma and vaginal discharge are why we wear underwear, along with a few other things previously mentioned.

Smegma: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smegma
Ah Smegma.....haven't heard that term in a while

First heard about Smegma listening to sex radio phone in show "Sex Talk with Sue".
There's even a novelty song about it....the chorus goes "Smegma, smegma, don't forget to wash",
or something like that, anyway pretty funny tune.

As for going commando Jambo.....

I read that the late great Jim Morrison never wore underwear, so you're in good company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2017, 10:29 PM

888 posts, read 718,483 times
Sometimes you just click on the 'active threads' box and wonder why you did.

Old 05-20-2017, 11:02 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,514,285 times
Outside of the abrasional fabric of pant seams, zippers, stitching, folds, fabrics of varying types that may not be as comfortable against a mans most sensitive skin, and the ability to keep the testicles and penis in a reasonably comfortable position, this thread has me scratching my head....

Beware the 'shart' infested pants as Mircea aptly mentioned. And let thy boys sway and slap just don't hurt yourself by sitting awkwardly.

Old 05-20-2017, 11:55 PM

3,470 posts, read 659,186 times
l love how guys refer to their testicles as, "their boys"! I've seen it in other threads as well. Funny and cute!!

Old 05-21-2017, 04:02 AM

1,258 posts, read 513,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Do you plan on washing your pants everyday? If not it's basically the same as wearing underwear more than one day.

I can't imagine not wearing fresh boxers every day after I've showered, just the words "going commando" make me feel vaguely uncomfortable
The post I'm quoting made me smile, I imagine any British man or woman would smile at it too, but not in a bad way.
Just another example of the fact that we are two countries divided by a common language.
Over here, the outerwear that covers male legs is/are called trousers, or maybe jeans, or chinos, female leg attire is probably just called trousers too, or jeans, maybe leggings/jeggings.
To us, underwear, particularly male underwear is/are called pants, occasionally female underwear too.
I'm no expert, but I think that the word knickers is the common word for female underwear over here, but they may be humorously referred to as drawers.
The word panties is almost never uttered by any British person, we only hear it on U.S. TV shows or in U.S. movies.
Nothing wrong in the word, it's just not used over here.
Just thought of another couple of differences, what you guys call trouser or pant cuffs, we call turn ups, and our waist coat is your vest.
We could go on all day!

Old 05-21-2017, 06:21 AM

9,109 posts, read 3,927,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
Oh Lordy, it's gotten to "secretions." That's such an awful word. It's so... moist sounding.

"Hey, how are you? How are the wife and kids?"
"Oh, fine, thanks. Everyone's secreting and wearing underpants."
"Great! Good to hear. Same here. Secreting nicely."

I have grossed myself out with this imaginary conversation. Why am I so good at being gross?

Nicci - you never fail to have me laughing out loud first thing in the morning. I assume testicles are like boobs - if they are not supported then gravity will have them get lower & lower. ...

Old 05-21-2017, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
Why does the word moist bother people so much?

When I was younger the word panties bothered me - why I don't know. But I outgrew it.

I'm an adult woman and I don't like the work panties. It just sounds weird. It's underwear or undies for me.

Old 05-21-2017, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
But have you given them the smell test?

^^^THIS ^^^

They may look clean but do they smell like they did when you first put them on?

Old 05-21-2017, 06:39 AM

96 posts, read 55,635 times
This thread is hysterical - it's right up there with the blinker fluid thread.

If you have to ask this sort of question, then <fill in the blank>.

Old 05-21-2017, 06:47 AM

686 posts, read 364,950 times
My MUM, ever the practical woman used to say....

Wear clean underwear, you never know when you might end up in the morgue. I was 12.

xx.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or