U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 06:34 AM

2,371 posts, read 1,646,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
I used to work at a car dealership where some women apparently thought they were working at a night club.

Now I work in an office where anything goes. That includes flip flops, yoga pants, tops off the shoulder. So I guess they think they are working at the gym or on the beach. UGH.
It's truly amazing what they get away with! If a man deviates even slightly from a conservative work wardrobe, he is called out on it fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 07:41 AM

9,126 posts, read 3,940,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
I actually think the picture hertford posted would be a nice outfit for the occasion. Ha.
Me too. I'm not sure what business casual is either. Dressier than jeans but not as fancy as a woman's suit? There are only three of us where I work and the other two (including the boss) wear shorts, sneakers or Sperry's. I probably dress up the most but it's what I've always done. I had to take it down a notch so I didn't look overdressed.

I usually wear a pair of slacks with a nice top and either a lightweight jacket (not denim) or sweater to pull the outfit together since it's cold in the office in late afternoon.

Old 07-12-2017, 04:26 PM

7 posts, read 1,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Thanks in advance for your help.

...better come naked or wearing something that tells you your heart

Old 07-12-2017, 04:38 PM

4,949 posts, read 2,571,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Why can't the shirt be longer than the jacket? I intentionally wear my shirts longer than my jacket.

Like this ...
I am pretty much in the same boat as the OP for a day conference next week--it stated business casual I finally found an outfit I am comfortable with. Similar to the one in the photograph that "hertfordshire" posted. Exact black pants, I will wear nice low heel sandals, button down shirt (tucked in) and a cardigan sweater (because I know the room will be chilly). After stressing over it for days, I finally feel comfortable with what I picked out.

I am a dress kind of girl--but I don't want bare legs. I am actually excited with what I ended up with--guess I will find out next week if I fit in with every other woman there!

Men are so much easier....oxford shirt, khaki's...

(Lastly--I would find business casual in the Winter so much easier.)

Last edited by GiGi603; 07-12-2017 at 04:48 PM..

Old 07-13-2017, 10:55 AM

30,368 posts, read 31,235,051 times
To me jeans and sneakers are never considered business casual.

Old 08-23-2017, 08:07 AM

1 posts, read 187 times
I never love business casual, but I have to wear it 5 days per week... I wear basically a skirt pencil with a blouse about like number #11 here [url]http://inkprofy.com/pencil-skirt-outfits/[/url]

Old 08-23-2017, 02:34 PM

18,916 posts, read 12,513,229 times
Have a look at these images I Googled:

https://www.google.com/search?q=summ...w=1432&bih=844

You should get some good ideas there.

Old 08-23-2017, 02:39 PM

72,852 posts, read 64,283,965 times
I'm finding women's business casual hard to avoid. I go into stores asking for office attire, and I'm shown something that looks more like adult playclothes, almost. Way too casual for my taste, and downright unacceptable for some business environments. It can be hard to find what used to be standard business clothes for women. I guess Pendleton is one obvious source, but they don't have locations everywhere. Women in some parts of the country are forced to try to shop online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or