U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 10:13 AM

11,062 posts, read 8,980,576 times

Advertisements

Ron Swanson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2017, 01:29 PM

2,618 posts, read 2,111,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
I'm a guy, there are a couple of youtubers with channels devoted to fashion and style.

Aaron from Alpha M.

And

Jose from Teaching men's fashion.

They do a variety of different styles and how to be stylish while subtle.
Free and friendly doesn't mean good. "Stylish" today often means squeezing into clothes, and too much of what I've seen looks contrived.
Spoiler
Especially when paired with a beard.

I personally trust myself and don't seek fashion advice from anyone. If someone were to give it to me, I'd probably listen (after getting over expected annoyance). That happened once some years ago, and the obnoxious woman had some legitimate points. I had slacked off and wasn't aware enough of how I came across. Most people aren't.

Last edited by goodheathen; 06-02-2017 at 02:06 PM..

Old 06-02-2017, 02:26 PM

9,815 posts, read 13,883,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Maybe he has horrible taste, or she asks her girlfriends as they'll naturally have more knowledge on women's clothing so will know what compliments her or not....

Many reasons.

Your question is purely from a sexually attractive point of view, yes we all want to feel attractive for either our SOs or the opposite sex but most will still want to look good, smart etc regardless and ask for opinions

Physically attractive is a good choice. Think you?

Old 06-02-2017, 02:32 PM

9,815 posts, read 13,883,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Maybe he has horrible taste, or she asks her girlfriends as they'll naturally have more knowledge on women's clothing so will know what compliments her or not....

Many reasons.

Your question is purely from a sexually attractive point of view, yes we all want to feel attractive for either our SOs or the opposite sex but most will still want to look good, smart etc regardless and ask for opinions

So let me ask this then. As it does not take much walking around in populated areas where I work to see it.
Is that why significant percent of females, after they are married, start competing to look as dull and almost drab, as possible? As you can safely play "married or not" game here, hospital and medical buildings I work at, by just that criteria.

Old 06-02-2017, 02:55 PM

15,672 posts, read 7,690,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
So let me ask this then. As it does not take much walking around in populated areas where I work to see it.
Is that why significant percent of females, after they are married, start competing to look as dull and almost drab, as possible? As you can safely play "married or not" game here, hospital and medical buildings I work at, by just that criteria.
Eh? Women dress down and start to compete with one another as to who can look " dull and drab " the most?

And working in a hospital environment is hardly the place to get all dressed up and where you'd necessarily need fashion advice is it?

Sorry I'm a tad confused here mate

Old 06-02-2017, 07:54 PM

4,236 posts, read 3,028,074 times
Quote:
Why is it that a married woman, claiming to love her husband, will ask for fashion advice from her girl friends, but never from her husband?
On same note... Why do straight women that are interested in men ask other WOMEN "how do I look", not men?
There is no logic in this. If you want to be attractive to a man, why you ask woman?
In my experience, most men give bad advice in this area. I don't know any straight men who know how to put together sharp, stylish women's outfits consistently. There are a lot of nuances that go into creating a great outfit from top to bottom, to which most men are oblivious.

I'm not saying that this is true for all straight men. But it seems to be true for most.

Old 06-02-2017, 10:49 PM

1,305 posts, read 548,667 times
Quote:
Ah, that makes me ask a question.
Why is it that a married woman, claiming to love her husband, will ask for fashion advice from her girl friends, but never from her husband?
On same note... Why do straight women that are interested in men ask other WOMEN "how do I look", not men?
There is no logic in this. If you want to be attractive to a man, why you ask woman?
IME, women will often be brutally honest with each other, while men will sometimes hedge, as they try to figure out what response won't send them straight to the doghouse.

Old 06-04-2017, 11:49 AM

7,092 posts, read 5,451,687 times
I'd only take fashion advice from myself. Because I want to be myself and I know that my fashion sense is offbeat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or