U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 06:26 PM

356 posts, read 250,974 times

Advertisements

I wear Fit Flops, Clarks, Born and Romika sandals which all help with PF. Around the house I never go barefoot, I wear Haflinger house slippers. Haflinger slippers have an arch support and also padded heels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 06:32 PM

146 posts, read 360,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkay66 View Post
The only shoes that really work for me are MBT.

MBT USA - Homepage

They are a bit odd looking, but my feet appreciate them far more than anything "fashionable." Also were a huge help in recovering from knee surgery.

In fact, when I retired from the Pentagon, a good half the civilians there swore by MBT shoes. Those shoes were everywhere.
My PF and knee problem did not return wearing these.

Last edited by glenninindy; 05-29-2017 at 06:58 PM..

Old 05-29-2017, 06:44 PM

371 posts, read 167,055 times
You could also look into Spenco. https://www.spenco.com/category.aspx?catid=65

I don't have any of their sandals, but I do have a pair of the flip flops; they have great support and deep heel cup. I have a pair that I wear as "house shoes" and a pair that go outside of the house. The bad thing is that they only come in full sizes the last time I checked.

I also have a pair of Vionic (when they were still Orthoheel), they have been great, and they're cute.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:57 PM

10,121 posts, read 16,721,272 times
I am another who wears Clarks, but it seems to me that the quality has taken a big dip. I haven't been that happy with any Clarks I've picked up in the last couple of years.

I have a wide toe box so I'm not able to wear a lot of shoes that you lucky mediums get to wear. In Dansko and some other European shoes, I have to size up to a 39 (even though I'm really an 8W). Got these Dansko's today. Dansko 'Sophie' Sandal | Nordstrom

Old 05-29-2017, 07:33 PM

141 posts, read 84,770 times
I really like Vionics and my Teva sandals in the summer.

Old 05-29-2017, 07:46 PM

40,904 posts, read 32,658,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I am another who wears Clarks, but it seems to me that the quality has taken a big dip. I haven't been that happy with any Clarks I've picked up in the last couple of years.

I have a wide toe box so I'm not able to wear a lot of shoes that you lucky mediums get to wear. In Dansko and some other European shoes, I have to size up to a 39 (even though I'm really an 8W). Got these Dansko's today. Dansko 'Sophie' Sandal | Nordstrom
Yes! I also like Dansco's even though some of them are really heavy. They fit well and seem very supportive. I have a couple of pairs of them.

After my Achilles tendon surgery, NO MORE CHEAP SHOES FOR ME. No way.

Old 05-29-2017, 10:40 PM

18,852 posts, read 12,473,150 times
I had horrible PF for years. I had a custom orthotic made which I wore for years, and I once had shots in my feet. Nothing really cured me until I happened to find Birkenstock 3/4 arch support inserts. At first I tried to wear them in any shoe that would accommodate them , but later I simply wore them in my athletic shoes as I walked treadmill. Those inserts ultimately relieved my pain. I still wear them in my shoes when I go to the gym. I swear by them.

I cannot wear regular Birkenstock shoes, although I wish I could. But I feel like they would be quite comfy if I could.

Most comfort shoes do not have enough arch support for me. I often add extra into my shoes. There are many supports out there, and I have bought quite a few through the years.

I can't wear Born shoes because they don't come in size 10 1/2. If I can't get a 101/2, then I'm sunk. Most often I can get a shoe to fit if it uses Euro sizing.

I wear Keen, Wolky, Chaco, Altria, Pikolinos, and occasionally Merrill and Dansko. I pad these to fit. The most comfortable pair of shoes I've owned recently are a pair of Keen Presidios that I added extra support to. Loved the wide toe box. Love the shoe.

I shop mostly from Zappos. Zappos has been a life saver for me. If you have a local comfort shoe store, start there. But after you learn to fit yourself, order from Zappos. Doing so will greatly expand the universes of shoes available to you.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:46 AM

30,325 posts, read 31,201,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwnmo View Post
I really like Vionics and my Teva sandals in the summer.
Do any stores sell Teva in the USA (meaning not online)?

Old 05-30-2017, 06:08 AM

3,189 posts, read 1,274,360 times
You can cure plantar faciitis with massage therapy and fasting. If it doesn't work, please take a look at perineural injection therapy and prolotherapy. It will cure it for good.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:00 AM

1,699 posts, read 1,640,115 times
I wear Aravon and Naot almost exclusively. Naot has some gorgeous shoes. I also own a few pairs of Vionics but they run really wide so I can only wear the flip flop kind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty