U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 09:36 AM

12,305 posts, read 10,048,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
You can cure plantar faciitis with massage therapy and fasting. If it doesn't work, please take a look at perineural injection therapy and prolotherapy. It will cure it for good.
Every treatment doesn't work for everyone. These don't sound like medical treatments but holistic treatments. I'll stick with my doctor. Also many folks have additional issues than plantar fasciitis....torn achilles, hip issues, etc. It's not always one specific issue as this tends to lead to other injuries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2017, 09:49 AM

3,189 posts, read 1,274,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Every treatment doesn't work for everyone. These don't sound like medical treatments but holistic treatments. I'll stick with my doctor. Also many folks have additional issues than plantar fasciitis....torn achilles, hip issues, etc. It's not always one specific issue as this tends to lead to other injuries.
Yes, they are holistic, which is why sports teams send million dollar athletes, which are essential assets, to get PRP which is a form of prolotherapy, but leave the peons like us to get joint replacements because that's what most doctors know.

One helps your body to use its own processes to permanently heal itself and the other one replaces your limb. Which one sounds "alternative" to you?

I understand that there are often multiple issues at play, which is exactly why a combination of prolotherapy and perineural injection therapy is so effective. It addresses those "specific" areas.

Home | Dr. Reeves Prolotherapy | Specializing in prolotherapy, perineural injections and topical application, chronic pain relief, severe arthritis, severe fibromyalgia, rehabilitation therapy, regenerative injection therapy, treatment studies.

Old 05-30-2017, 10:18 AM

4,377 posts, read 1,490,886 times
I have PF as well, and I wear these.

They're called Women's Parallels, midsummer weave. They have 3 colors, black as shown, a bone color, and a coral color. They're extremely comfortable for my feet. I feel like they're a decent cross between dressy and comfort.

Skechers has other sandal styles as well, that seem to have the same kind of sole/foot bed as these, that look cute to me.

Old 05-30-2017, 11:38 AM

35,817 posts, read 39,346,783 times
Quote:
You can cure plantar faciitis with massage therapy and fasting.
No, you can't. Pseudoscience. Massage therapy can feel good, though, and be otherwise beneficial.

Old 05-30-2017, 12:04 PM

4,781 posts, read 1,544,109 times
Gp to the Walking Company. They have a few different brands, cute shoes. Hairdressers, RNs, bartenders, people with shoe/feet issues shop there. Yes they are a bit more expensive but WORTH EVERY PENNY. Very well made, long lasting comfortable shoes.

Once you get a feel for size in different brands, you can order online.

Old 05-30-2017, 02:48 PM

30,325 posts, read 31,191,100 times
Quote:
You can cure plantar faciitis with massage therapy and fasting. If it doesn't work, please take a look at perineural injection therapy and prolotherapy. It will cure it for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
No, you can't. Pseudoscience. Massage therapy can feel good, though, and be otherwise beneficial.
As far I know plantar fasciitis can't be be cured as it is a falling arch. Exercises and massage therapy can help but not completely get rid of the issue. For closed shoes one can wear custom-made orthotics (which I have) but they can't be used with open sandals. In general I prefer something that has straps in the back (which rules out traditional Birkenstocks) with a (very) low heel/wedge that is easy to walk around with but dressy enough for a casual work outfit. Also moderately priced means below $100 (which would be the max. I could afford to spend).

Old 05-30-2017, 02:52 PM

18,847 posts, read 12,473,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Do any stores sell Teva in the USA (meaning not online)?
https://www.teva.com/storelocator

Have a look here.

Old 05-30-2017, 02:56 PM

18,847 posts, read 12,473,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
As far I know plantar fasciitis can't be be cured as it is a falling arch. Exercises and massage therapy can help but not completely get rid of the issue. For closed shoes one can wear custom-made orthotics (which I have) but they can't be used with open sandals. In general I prefer something that has straps in the back (which rules out traditional Birkenstocks) with a (very) low heel/wedge that is easy to walk around with but dressy enough for a casual work outfit. Also moderately priced means below $100 (which would be the max. I could afford to spend).
I have had luck padding up a pair of fisherman's sandals. These are sandals that have a closed toe and heel, but are more open like a normal sandal. Here is an example:

Josef Seibel Ida Capril Bark Leather - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways

I am not recommending Seibel shoes; they are simply a good example of a sandal you could probably add support to.

I am sympathetic to your difficulty. I've been fusting around with shoes to make them more comfy for 20 years! I hope you find what works for you.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:45 PM

2,262 posts, read 5,654,816 times
Had BAD PF for a good year and because I live overseas, I haven't been to the doctor about it. But do the exercises, water bottle, etc. it has helped.

What helped the most was good, supportive shoes. We were in San Francisco for a week last summer and I was worried because the pain was pretty severe. Include a lot of walking and hills...And I was done for. I looked for a good shoe company to go buy new shoes.

Went to The walking company and it was a life saver!! Bought 2 pairs of these shoes, and have worn them many many times for the last year and they are still going strong. And my pain is almost nonexistent now.

These are the sandals I bought. Totally adjustable (my feet sweet badly when I travel). Great arch support. Firm, yet cushiony sole. And I can literally walk all day in them and not get blisters or pain. Just spent almost a week in them touring Italy the last week and half!

They are worth their weight in gold to me!

https://www.thewalkingcompany.com/ab...al-black/34035

Old 05-30-2017, 06:47 PM

3,189 posts, read 1,274,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
How did mine cure? That's what I did. Where is your evidence? That link I presented has plenty of supporting evidence.

Please don't be ignorant because others could find this useful and change their lives. It's not your right to speak ignorance and potentially take away something that could cure somebody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty