U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 08:51 PM

4,102 posts, read 1,715,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMetal View Post
Thanks, I'll check them out. I don't mind ugly as sin, so much in the house. But for errands, I want them to be reasonably attractive, not "old lady shoes". I always wear little anklets, so that wouldn't be a problem for me. Are they roomy in the toebox? I usually wear a wide width :-(
which are most of the links here...

I thought the OP wanted fashionable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2017, 09:55 PM

3,070 posts, read 4,172,071 times
https://www.schulershoes.com/womens-...n-comfort.html
I have a couple pairs of these, Finn Comfort. One of mine is silver with a rhinestone on the side buckle area. NOT cheap but worth it. The other one is blue suade with eyelets punched in, goes nice with jeans. The insoles come out and can be replaced.

I have really wide feet, so wide but smaller, 6 1/2, Fred Flintstone feet LOL. And really high arches so I can never get my foot in boots. PF, archilles tendon sprain one one foot, and tendon removed on the other foot. Such a nightmare finding shoes, glad to see I'm not alone. Lots of leads in this thread, thanks.

Old 06-01-2017, 11:28 PM

3,126 posts, read 1,219,723 times
I was diagnosed with PF, tendonitis, and arthritis in my feet. Podiatrist recommended Croc-type clogs with good arch supports (he specifically said not to get them from the big box store). Comfortable, but not exactly fashionable!

Look for shoes/sandals with at least a 1" heel or wedge. You want soles that are very soft; heel pads or cushioned insoles help. Good arch support, orthotics are a must.

I've had good luck searching Amazon with keywords like orthotic or plantar.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:58 AM

11,429 posts, read 19,443,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
which are most of the links here...

She mentioned slippers. I told her about Acorn spa slippers...ugly..but comfortable and supportive.

Old 06-02-2017, 03:56 AM

146 posts, read 360,941 times
Mine are called Airwalk Croc's. Your Podiatrist is right. I wear these around the house and yard. They are very durable, cushioned, and soft, with good arch support. Does anyone know where I can buy another pair, because I could not find Airwalk Crocs anywhere online, or at the Airwalk website? Thank-You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
I was diagnosed with PF, tendonitis, and arthritis in my feet. Podiatrist recommended Croc-type clogs with good arch supports (he specifically said not to get them from the big box store). Comfortable, but not exactly fashionable!

Look for shoes/sandals with at least a 1" heel or wedge. You want soles that are very soft; heel pads or cushioned insoles help. Good arch support, orthotics are a must.

I've had good luck searching Amazon with keywords like orthotic or plantar.

Last edited by glenninindy; 06-02-2017 at 04:49 AM..

Old 06-02-2017, 05:03 AM

30,325 posts, read 31,201,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Bass Pro/Cabela's, REI, and other outdoor/camping/sporting goods outfitters carry Keens.
Nowhere near me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
https://www.keenfootwear.com/stores/

Try here for Keens. This brand is sold widely at retailers.

If you are interested in a brand of any sort, you can almost always find a website for the brand, and it will almost always have a store locator link.
I will check out this link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMetal View Post
Dillards also carries Vionic.

Chava, it depends on the size of your city, but I live in a small city with only 500K & we have 3 or 4 specialty shoe shops that specialize in comfort/support shoes. Around here, they advertise a lot in those coupon mailer magazines you get. Obviously YMMV, but I know when I lived in a bigger city we had plenty of these.
I live in a much larger area that 500K. In my area, I can find Macys, JCPenney's, Kohls although Sears just shut down. I have already checked out Kohl's and one of the local Skeckers stores and neither one had anything suitable.

Looking at some of the brands mentioned, I think Macys might have some of them. So that is next place to check out. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Yes, I wanted something I could wear to work but walk around in which means a very low heel/wedge and with straps around the back of my feet to keep the sandals from falling away from my feet when I walk.

Old 06-02-2017, 05:27 AM

40,904 posts, read 32,658,014 times
Here's a photo of my most recent eBay purchase - these are Sofft sandals that would retail in most stores at about $80 - $100. I got them for under $30 on eBay. Anyway, get on eBay and google "Sofft" or "Born" sandals and see if you like what you see. Personally I think they're cute and I can vouch for their comfort all day long. I tend to gravitate toward sandals with no heel strap and clogs because I have Achilles tendon issues, but it's easy to find sandals and clogs in both brands with ankle straps - in fact, I just bought some Sofft sandals with ankle straps as well - bought these new at Dillards in fact. I've attached a link to them as well.

Maybe you'll like them, maybe not but I can tell you one thing - they are comfortable as HECK and have good support. And I think they're cute and don't look too "old lady" but others' opinions may vary.

I have never worn out a pair of Borns or Soffts. I have one pair of Born clogs (that I wear all the time in the winter) that is at least 12 years old - they still look great. Honestly, I think it would be very difficult to wear these shoes out, they are made so well.
https://www.google.com/search?q=soff...=sofft+sandals
Attached Thumbnails
Fashionable Sandals With Plantar Fasciiitis-sofft-sandal.jpg  

Old 06-02-2017, 09:42 AM

1,699 posts, read 1,640,115 times
I mentioned Naot- they make GORGEOUS shoes- I always get mine at a discount as they can be expensive.

Old 06-02-2017, 10:05 AM

4,102 posts, read 1,715,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenninindy View Post
Mine are called Airwalk Croc's. Your Podiatrist is right. I wear these around the house and yard. They are very durable, cushioned, and soft, with good arch support. Does anyone know where I can buy another pair, because I could not find Airwalk Crocs anywhere online, or at the Airwalk website? Thank-You!
Air walk? That's a Payless Shoes brand.

Old 06-02-2017, 10:23 AM

35,817 posts, read 39,361,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Nowhere near me!
You live in a metro of more than 500k with no sporting goods retailers? Okay.

Really, though, if Skechers had nothing suitable, Keens aren't gonna be your best bet. They are generally in the rugged,outdoorsy category.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty