U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 04:54 PM

6,944 posts, read 8,878,222 times

Advertisements

The old-fashioned approach is using slices of cucumber with a drop of lemon juice to bleach/even out the blotchy areas. If it's sun damage you might want to hit the dermatologist's office and get a prescription for RetinA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2017, 11:25 PM

26,875 posts, read 28,154,657 times
I thought I'd update my own post. Over the past couple of months I have been using my normal brighteing regimen in my hands. Not in a very measured way, just rubbing in the extra lotion and sunscreen on my hands. I just looked down and my hands have evened out too. I had a big dark spot left overfrom a rash in March/April and it is now gone.

Old 08-09-2017, 11:37 PM

2,062 posts, read 1,326,622 times
What is your normal brightening regimen you have? if you don't mind me asking

Old 08-10-2017, 12:19 AM

26,875 posts, read 28,154,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
What is your normal brightening regimen you have? if you don't mind me asking
This year I have been trying out a couple new things. I wash my face with an oil cleaser (and double cleanse 50% of the time). In the am I am using an oil based brightening serum - a custom one from In the Buff. Earlier Imused rose hip oil byt this was cheaper. Then I follow with erborian's yuzu double lotion, and sunscreen.

That being said, I am in mostly maintenece mode now.

When I actively was evening things out I used boots botanics, the all bright line: cleanser, serum and spf day cream. The serum was my regular serum till it was discontinued this year for repackaging. I love this line and was really sad when it disappeared from Target for a few months this year

That is how I found the alternatives. It works really well ans is easily abailanle at Target. I wanted more SPF and mineral sunscreen so I dropped the day moisturizer a while ago. I used this regimen for years. When I felt really even, I dropped the brightening cleanser. It was great at the beginning though to get me started.

The other thing I do - a brightening mask or peel once a week. I like mychelle peel right now with 10% vitamin c. New spots disappear a lot quicker since I added the mask/peel weekly.

I tried some more expensive serums - Clinique, Lancome and Origins. They didn't get me results like the Boots and Boots is way way cheaper!

I'll probably keep using the oil serums because my skin loves the extra moisture. But I have found the serums with rosehip and other high vitamin C content work great (I have tried several with similar results) - that boots serum was MIA for a while.

Old 08-10-2017, 04:14 PM

14,649 posts, read 29,700,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
This year I have been trying out a couple new things. I wash my face with an oil cleaser (and double cleanse 50% of the time). In the am I am using an oil based brightening serum - a custom one from In the Buff. Earlier Imused rose hip oil byt this was cheaper. Then I follow with erborian's yuzu double lotion, and sunscreen.

That being said, I am in mostly maintenece mode now.

When I actively was evening things out I used boots botanics, the all bright line: cleanser, serum and spf day cream. The serum was my regular serum till it was discontinued this year for repackaging. I love this line and was really sad when it disappeared from Target for a few months this year

That is how I found the alternatives. It works really well ans is easily abailanle at Target. I wanted more SPF and mineral sunscreen so I dropped the day moisturizer a while ago. I used this regimen for years. When I felt really even, I dropped the brightening cleanser. It was great at the beginning though to get me started.

The other thing I do - a brightening mask or peel once a week. I like mychelle peel right now with 10% vitamin c. New spots disappear a lot quicker since I added the mask/peel weekly.

I tried some more expensive serums - Clinique, Lancome and Origins. They didn't get me results like the Boots and Boots is way way cheaper!

I'll probably keep using the oil serums because my skin loves the extra moisture. But I have found the serums with rosehip and other high vitamin C content work great (I have tried several with similar results) - that boots serum was MIA for a while.
Yes, those two ingredients are great. I actually make my own serum now. I mix some hyaluronic acid powder and powdered vitamin c into a 50/50 mix of rose hydrosol and orange blossom water. This stuff makes my skin look fantastic and a more even skin tone in days!!! Not to mention my skin just glows.

Old 08-11-2017, 12:27 PM

15,577 posts, read 8,749,121 times
You can find their LaRoche Posay at Target. Try the Pigmentclar facial cleanser and the serum called Mela-d Pigment Control. But please do first see a dermatologist, because s/he will likely have something more effective.

Old 08-11-2017, 02:29 PM

1,221 posts, read 710,695 times
Vitamin C serum all the way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty