U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 07:58 PM

2,795 posts, read 3,170,343 times

Advertisements

This my suit for the summer, I really like it the tank & shorts swimwear, plus it's comfy. I'm pretty modest and I'm older 54.
Attached Thumbnails
Favorite Swim Suit for the over 45 croud?-17015775_10207983325529655_1000365784047625694_o.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2017, 08:44 PM

17,669 posts, read 21,863,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
This my suit for the summer, I really like it the tank & shorts swimwear, plus it's comfy. I'm pretty modest and I'm older 54.

I think you look great!

Old 06-10-2017, 09:09 PM

3,785 posts, read 8,801,912 times
I usually wear a tank. I'm a swimmer and swim in open water and also laps at the community pool so for me it is all about being able to move freely and being comfortable.

I do have a 2 piece with a really high waist and it's surprisingly flattering.
The Diva Black High Waist Bikini | Swimsuits For All

Not so great for swimming, but fun to wear.
I avoid anything loose just because it tends to get in my way when I'm swimming.

Old 06-10-2017, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I think you look great!
Thank you..

Old 06-10-2017, 10:00 PM

5,627 posts, read 4,666,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Who said anything about wearing their underwear to the pool/beach?
what the crap do you think a bikini is??? A bra and panty set in waterproof material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Burquini, anyone?
so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
You have some serious cleavage and if there was a malfunction, all would be hanging out.

Old 06-10-2017, 10:22 PM

11,163 posts, read 6,646,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
what the crap do you think a bikini is??? A bra and panty set in waterproof material
My bikini has a lot more coverage then if I were to just go put in my bra and underwear. Its also not see through when it gets wet like underwear is.

Old 06-10-2017, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
You have some serious cleavage and if there was a malfunction, all would be hanging out.

LOL.. Well I'm small chested so no real shocker ... Really it all stay put, I'm modest not a Nun..

Old 06-10-2017, 10:28 PM
Status: "A delicate snowflake with the vote of a wolverine." (set 6 days ago)

13,287 posts, read 7,470,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
OK. Everyone has posted pictures or links. This is my "Go To" swim suit - Classic Sheath One-Piece | Official Esther Williams Website

I ordered the Cherry print this year.
I like. I'm more modest than I used to be, and my saddlebags have haunted me since my 20s, no matter how much I exercise. Many thanks to jade408 for her suggestions. I think Freya is a good direction to go as well.

Old 06-10-2017, 10:29 PM

13,747 posts, read 8,738,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post
Everyone has something different they'd like to cover up. As someone who is active in the water whenever at the beach, I just want to ensure my suit stays on... I've had embarrassing incidents with bottoms shooting off me when diving from a 10' board & several incidents with bandeau type tops coming up/off/down in the surf... I was a teen for all the above, but it scarred me enough to lean towards 1 pieces forevermore.

To that end, Stingray has some lovely options... 1 pieces with zippers, some with boyshorts or longer styles like bike shorts or full leg cover... & traditional strap options, short sleeve rash guards or even long sleeve. The bonus is all are supposed to protect from the sun. Many resemble the neoprene wetsuits, but are not made of the same material, which require a gang of 3 to help "slip" into.

For some reason, I'm having trouble reaching Amazon this evening, as well as a few other sites... so can't pull out the exact pieces I'm mentioning. So, I'll just list the link for the site below for perusal. They are an AU co, but sell in the US, as well, mostly online. They even have men & kids wear & also larger women's sizes... unsure of size range. BTW, Amazon sells many similar, cheaper styles from different companies. They're comfy suits & if you burn in 10-min, like me, I like the extra arm/leg coverage.

Sun Protective Clothing, Stinger Suits & Plus Size Swimwear Australia

Since all suits cling, if you find they cling in the wrong spots or don't cover what you wish to cover, you can also find some very pretty coverups to put on over a suit. There are lots of nice options today.

Good luck! Hope you find something.

More and more you can't tell swimsuits from ordinary clothing. You can go to town in this.

Above is just 1 of many... most don't have collars. This one is under $60, Small-2XL, black or navy, 100% positive reviews.
More and more you can't tell swimsuits from ordinary clothing. You can go to town in this.

Old 06-10-2017, 11:11 PM

1,425 posts, read 444,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Sure. You have a good point... I have seen kids going into the water in shorts & tees... whatever works.

I guess we have to divide soaking-in-the-sun wear from swimwear from activeware, like beach volleyball, surfing, etc. Also, burners from non-burners.

I'm a burner, so cover up more than most & can't stay long at the beach as I just can't tolerate the sun. But, if I were a sun soaker, I'd probably be more interested in cute bikinis rather than functionality for jumping about in the water.

I'm quite active & given that everyone has a Smartphone these days, don't want to hit a wave & have the bits & pieces flashed across SillyNakedSurfers dot com.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty