U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 02:10 PM

17,589 posts, read 21,777,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
I usually wear a tank. I'm a swimmer and swim in open water and also laps at the community pool so for me it is all about being able to move freely and being comfortable.

I do have a 2 piece with a really high waist and it's surprisingly flattering.
The Diva Black High Waist Bikini | Swimsuits For All

Not so great for swimming, but fun to wear.
I avoid anything loose just because it tends to get in my way when I'm swimming.

That's really adorable and subtly sexy! I love the back. I *might* be able to get away with that two piece.

I love Swimsuits For All - and I just became aware of them this Summer. The great thing about them is that they really are "For All" - it's not just code for plus size. (And I am NOT implying that there isn't a need for fashionable plus sized suits) Swim Suits for all starts at MY SIZE - 4 and goes up to 40. I believe.

Not every size 4 looks great half naked with a C-section marred lower abdomen in her late 50s.

I'm good in clothes. Naked? Let's just say the late 70s and 80s were better for this girl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2017, 04:45 PM

5,627 posts, read 4,644,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
LOL.. Well I'm small chested so no real shocker ... Really it all stay put, I'm modest not a Nun..
Covering up doesnt make you a nun.

Old 06-11-2017, 05:39 PM

3,270 posts, read 2,481,356 times
I actually found two pieces in Walmart of all places. The bottom is a skirt (no pleats, more like a tennis skirt), the top is a regular bra type top. I have a couple of tops that I interchange. I prefer solid black, so that's what all my various pieces are.

I know it's not PC, but when I go to the beach, I pretty much go to get a tan.

I'm overweight a bit, and this suit doesn't look bad, to me! But, bottom line---who cares what anyone else thinks. I used to worry more about what I look like on the beach but when I look around, I wonder why I worry!!

Old 06-11-2017, 06:37 PM

2,795 posts, read 3,157,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
Covering up doesnt make you a nun.

My point!~~

Old 06-12-2017, 12:40 AM

17,589 posts, read 21,777,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
I actually found two pieces in Walmart of all places. The bottom is a skirt (no pleats, more like a tennis skirt), the top is a regular bra type top. I have a couple of tops that I interchange. I prefer solid black, so that's what all my various pieces are.

I know it's not PC, but when I go to the beach, I pretty much go to get a tan.

I'm overweight a bit, and this suit doesn't look bad, to me! But, bottom line---who cares what anyone else thinks. I used to worry more about what I look like on the beach but when I look around, I wonder why I worry!!
Hey! Who cares where you find a good suit?

One year we were about to visit Disney World. I was shopping at a Super Center for food, but clothes junkie that I am, I wandered into the clothes section and I saw the cutest swim suite! I bought it and it gav e me three happy years.

Old 06-12-2017, 06:25 AM

37 posts, read 29,972 times
I am not over 45, but I started needing more modesty when I had two young kiddos at the pool. I started off wearing athletic shorts over my one piece, but now I am a huge fan of Land's End!!

I wear a tankini with a miniskirt OR my workout shorts. Since sunscreen coverage isn't perfect, and I was getting a lot of burns on my upper back, I added in a zip front white rash guard from LE. This is so convenient for me! I put it on at home before we go, and I can wear it for errands on the way to the pool. I only have to use sunscreen for areas I can easily reach now.

My girls also wear rash guards, shorts, skirts, etc for the water. My sons wear rash guards as well. This has worked well for us, and the only burns we have gotten are on the face.

Old 06-12-2017, 01:38 PM

4,306 posts, read 2,246,121 times
As long as it's not one of these :

Hilarious hairy chest swimsuits go viral | Daily Mail Online

Who on Earth would want to buy a swimsuit with a man's hairy chest on it?! Hardly flattering, is it?! I thought it was a late April Fool's joke, or something!

Old 06-13-2017, 04:24 PM

1 posts, read 287 times
My wife is 37 years and she wants to buy thong swimwear. Her body is good but I don't feel comfortable with this. I talk about this one Womens Bikini Bottoms Brazilian T-Back Thong Swimwear Swimsuit UK Size 6 8 10 12 | eBay

Isn't it very extreme for a woman in this age? She is not teenager

Old 06-13-2017, 04:44 PM

1,798 posts, read 2,391,449 times
I have NEVER found a comfortable swimsuit, so I gave up on them. Plus I burn easily in the sun. I'm 70 and in reasonably good shape, and now I wear swim shorts from Land's End and a short sleeved rash guard over a sports bra. Comfortable at last!

Old 06-13-2017, 07:34 PM

2,795 posts, read 3,157,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario1980 View Post
My wife is 37 years and she wants to buy thong swimwear. Her body is good but I don't feel comfortable with this. I talk about this one Womens Bikini Bottoms Brazilian T-Back Thong Swimwear Swimsuit UK Size 6 8 10 12 | eBay

Isn't it very extreme for a woman in this age? She is not teenager
I think folks should wear whatever they like and feel comfy in . I can wear a bikini and I do in my back yard but I feel more comfy in tank bikini in public..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty