U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 05:41 PM

11,037 posts, read 6,574,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
12 is considered plus size?
Yeah, a 12 or 14 is the low end of most plus size clothing stores/lines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debnor View Post
You ladies should get something like this:

https://www.sexydresses.com/maui-blu...Kr_RoCzmrw_wcB
To quote happyrider "This is a swimsuit?"

Looks more like underwear to me. I'm all for going to the beach in a two piece, but I draw the line at going out in public in intimate wear.

Old 06-06-2017, 05:50 PM

4,104 posts, read 1,718,206 times
Quote:
Don't be so modest ladies. I go to the beach/pool fairly frequently and I see women in their 20s that should not be wearing skimpy stuff lol.

My lady is 47 but I know she'd look great in it!
Ya ummmm.....no.

Old 06-06-2017, 05:56 PM

4,213 posts, read 552,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debnor View Post
don't be so modest ladies. I go to the beach/pool fairly frequently and i see women in their 20s that should not be wearing skimpy stuff lol.

you ladies should get something like this:

https://www.sexydresses.com/maui-blu...kr_roczmrw_wcb

my lady is 47 but i know she'd look great in it!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Old 06-06-2017, 06:28 PM

72,704 posts, read 64,172,365 times
Quote:
Don't be so modest ladies. I go to the beach/pool fairly frequently and I see women in their 20s that should not be wearing skimpy stuff lol.

Yeah, lace underwear swimsuits. Classy.

That's fine for private pools, but I wouldn't wear that in public. And I don't consider the 40's old at all. As long as the hormonal bomb hasn't gone off yet, it's possible to stay in good shape.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:31 PM

72,704 posts, read 64,172,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
Lands End has many excellent options, and the quality and fit are top-notch. Last year I purchased a polka dot tankini swim top and a solid color swim bottom (non-bikini) from the Lands End catalog. I am really happy with the purchase. The sizing is true, and they are incredibly comfortable and have appropriate coverage for recreational swimming and kayaking. The polka dot tankini top is so pretty, I also ordered a floral tankini and another swim bottom. I also purchased a sun guard shirt from LL Bean for sun protection when out on the water but have not yet worn it this year.

One of the best swimsuits I have ever worn is a $10 Jantzen one piece purchased at Marshalls over 10 years ago. It is probably what most people would call old-fashioned--higher neckline, an extra strap in the back to keep things in place, and tri-colored (deep royal blue on the bottom, a band of white under the bust, and then a deep periwinkle blue for the bust) and it is incredibly flattering. High-quality fabric and practical design. The classic styles always look wonderful, in my opinion. From what I've read, retro-style swimsuits are making a comeback!
Land's End and some of the other sportwear catalogs allow you to mix and match tops and bottoms as separate elements, so you can choose a top, any style, then choose any style bottom: shorts, bikini, skirt, high-waist bottom. You get the idea. And you can mix a print with a solid color, or match both elements exactly. It's a great way to sell swimsuits.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Land's End and some of the other sportwear catalogs allow you to mix and match tops and bottoms as separate elements, so you can choose a top, any style, then choose any style bottom: shorts, bikini, skirt, high-waist bottom. You get the idea. And you can mix a print with a solid color, or match both elements exactly. It's a great way to sell swimsuits.
Don't all places sell their two pieces as separates now? I can't think of a place that doesn't. I got my last bikini top from Victoria Secret's and I have bottoms to go with it in different styles from Target, Macy's and Old Navy.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:46 PM
Status: "I can learn to admire w/o having to aquire." (set 6 days ago)

Location: Where the last of the "Big 3" has retired. Spurs country.
3,032 posts, read 3,612,315 times
Quote:

Did you miss the comments about c-sections, and NOT having our backsides hanging out?

Old 06-06-2017, 06:47 PM

17,575 posts, read 21,756,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeMargeSentMe View Post
Whichever one that suits you personally. Age shouldn't have anything to do with anything.

But it does. Are you a woman? Have you given birth to a child or children? Have you had a C-section? I don't care HOW fit and in shape you are, these things - and age - change one's body.

I am at my correct weight. I don't live at the gym. I'm small, and I could wear a Junior size 5 if I wanted, and yes, I could wear a bikini. I mean it would fit me. But after giving birth to a 22" 10 lb. baby via C section, I wisely choose not too.

Perhaps I should have lowered the age from 45, but I didn't want to insult anyone. A friend of mine is 42 and just gave birth to her last baby - so there are women in their 40s who are not done with child bearing.

There are also women who have never given birth.

I think *most* honest women would agree that AGE CHANGES a woman's body. Babies or not.

Old 06-06-2017, 07:12 PM

13,653 posts, read 8,664,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Yes, for modest ladies who don't want their a$$ out for all the world to see.
What I meant was you could wear it on a night out and nobody could tell you are in a "swimsuit." Pretty sexy, actually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty