Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 01:11 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,442,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
The definition of insanity is buying a bathing suit every year, in hopes that you will look better than the one you bought last year.
I was guilty of this for a long time, but now I stick to the Lands End Tugless Tank. It looked good when I was 25, and it looks as good as could be expected now that I'm 69.
Yes, I plead the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th! Every year I go through the dreaded, it's summer and I need to find a suit that looks better than last year because I have never found one I'm truly happy with. I do the same with underwear. I never can find a great bra.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 02:43 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,018,815 times
I live in South Florida which is the home of the skimpy bikini.

I just bought two bikinis from Sauvage and they both have Brazilian bottoms.

I'm 52.

Old 06-09-2017, 03:48 AM

23,896 posts, read 32,199,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
Those are really cute. And they look comfortable too.
Yes they are. And I like Mid Century Modern style - in clothes, furnishings and architecture. They are flattering to almost anyone, and sexy in a retro sort of way.

My niece and my son's SO both have them because vintage is trendy right now.

For $79 they are a good "go to swim suit" for anyone who wants to look different, glamorous and sexy with out bearing their mid section.

I get many compliments in them.

Old 06-09-2017, 06:25 AM

6,478 posts, read 4,872,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Yes they are. And I like Mid Century Modern style - in clothes, furnishings and architecture. They are flattering to almost anyone, and sexy in a retro sort of way.

My niece and my son's SO both have them because vintage is trendy right now.

For $79 they are a good "go to swim suit" for anyone who wants to look different, glamorous and sexy with out bearing their mid section.

I get many compliments in them.
They are really cute. But I am short with a high waist and anything with that cut makes me look shorter and even more chunky than I am

A couple of years ago I bought a tankini top from Title 9 and paired it with a simple black bottom from Ujena.

The only thing I don't like about most tankini tops is that they come up so high in the back! Title 9 had one last year that didn't, but it sold out pretty quickly and I missed it.

I miss my old bikini body, but like others said, so many out of shape people wear them it shouldn't be an issue if I was on a real vacation somewhere. I will still wear one on my deck. I just don't feel worthy of it in public.

Old 06-09-2017, 09:29 AM

29,648 posts, read 34,150,999 times
I'm not over 45 yet, but I do appreciate that there are more options in women's swimsuits than having to go out in public with less coverage than your underwear. It's nice that shorts and skirts are an option. Dudes can go to the beach in baggy, knee length trunks, so why do women have to have their butts hanging out or else be called matronly?

Old 06-09-2017, 09:46 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,205,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
I live in South Florida which is the home of the skimpy bikini.

I just bought two bikinis from Sauvage and they both have Brazilian bottoms.

I'm 52.
I'm assuming your kids don't go to the beach with you...

Old 06-09-2017, 02:59 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,809,137 times
I wear a Rash Guard and board shorts.

My girls do too. Why wear a bra and panties (aka as a suit to most people) to the pool??

Old 06-09-2017, 03:00 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,809,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I'm not over 45 yet, but I do appreciate that there are more options in women's swimsuits than having to go out in public with less coverage than your underwear. It's nice that shorts and skirts are an option. Dudes can go to the beach in baggy, knee length trunks, so why do women have to have their butts hanging out or else be called matronly?
Id rather be called Matronly than a stripper.

Old 06-09-2017, 03:17 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,205,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
Agree!

Some of my favs:

"This bikini still looks oh so hot on me at 60! "

"Yes, I know my arse is hanging out for the world to see but I don't care. They can look away."

"If 20 year olds can wear it, so can I!"

No...no you can't.

Old 06-09-2017, 04:08 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,934,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
I doubt anyone is going to be called a stripper for wearing a bikini to the pool or beach.

Id rather be comfortable with what I'm wearing than let others dictate what I'm wearing to the pool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty