U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 03:51 PM

5,008 posts, read 5,569,487 times

Advertisements

I'll look into the Bellable. Thanks!

I admit to keeping nail clippers in my car but not tweezers or an alcohol pad. I suppose that I should . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 10:38 AM

10,225 posts, read 6,476,385 times
My chin hair detection tends to be tactile rather than visual. I check in the mirror every morning and all, but sometimes during the day I'll be idly touching my face (yeah I know, this is a major contributor probably to the adult acne I still have...but it's not terrible so I deal)...and I will feel the bristly course ones, and those are the ones that have to go! My adult acne tends to be more hormonal than anything anyways, and the tweezing has not increased it on my chin. I get the stupid ouchy ones on my neck and lower cheeks. Hormones tend to cause that.

Old 06-14-2017, 12:34 PM

10,508 posts, read 16,923,266 times
I pay $99 for laser for 6 sessions. You go every 6 weeks or so. I think that's really reasonable, I was spending more money getting waxed.

Face hair is definitely a plague.

Old 06-16-2017, 07:52 PM

3,431 posts, read 2,818,207 times
Ai yi yi yi... skip the wax. Just use a razor with a replaceable blade (like Venus, or a similar type). Regular disposable blades like pink razors probably will cause painful nicks. I use a Venus every morning on my upper lip fuzz. It shaves and works with the curves, not against them, so no nicks whatsoever. What the rest of the world doesn't know won't hurt them.

Waxing, I think, works well if it's a routine started young, when the hair first begins growing in... When the hair is softer and the roots aren't as deep... it prevents it from growing back... But starting it later in life is just a recipe for pain.

Old 06-20-2017, 09:29 PM

I didn't have this problem in my 20s and 30s. I think it started when I was about 45, so yeah, a later in life problem.

I'll look into laser treatments next month. Thanks for all of your replies!

Old 06-21-2017, 09:17 AM

10,225 posts, read 6,476,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
Ai yi yi yi... skip the wax. Just use a razor with a replaceable blade (like Venus, or a similar type). Regular disposable blades like pink razors probably will cause painful nicks. I use a Venus every morning on my upper lip fuzz. It shaves and works with the curves, not against them, so no nicks whatsoever. What the rest of the world doesn't know won't hurt them.

Waxing, I think, works well if it's a routine started young, when the hair first begins growing in... When the hair is softer and the roots aren't as deep... it prevents it from growing back... But starting it later in life is just a recipe for pain.
Every lady I've ever known who uses a razor winds up with stubble. My hair where I do shave grows so fast that at the end of the same day I can look at my underarms and see the stubble starting beneath the skin. When I pull the hairs out, such as on my chin, I don't have this effect. I am not chancing it, my hairs are too course and thick and dark for the most part.

You know what's odd though? The thicker hairs don't hurt as much. It's when I get a hold of the finer ones and pull 'em out, THAT hurts.

Old 06-21-2017, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
You know what's odd though? The thicker hairs don't hurt as much. It's when I get a hold of the finer ones and pull 'em out, THAT hurts.
They both hurt me, even with opening up my pores.

I guess I'm just a wuss. I get my brows waxed. Several quick pulls and it's over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty