Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 08:52 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,907,735 times

Advertisements

The other day, I was visiting my youngest and his family. They were getting ready to attend a wake and the dtr-in-law told my son his belt didn't match his shoes. Shoes brown; belt black. He unbuckled the belt, did a twisting maneuver and said, "Now it does".

Maybe a purse with one side black, one side brown and one could carry it with the appropriate side facing out. What? It could work. At least for the day to day business purse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2017, 08:59 AM

30,585 posts, read 24,989,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
Just saying her motives for changing purses change with the wind. Whereas I would use the same wallet, belt, or shoes for years without even noticing.
Speaking from my own experience, it is hard to find a prefect purse. It is a fine line between just enough room, and too big, or between just right and cramped.

Old 06-12-2017, 01:08 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,907,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Speaking from my own experience, it is hard to find a prefect purse. It is a fine line between just enough room, and too big, or between just right and cramped.
You said it! I have 2 dtrs-in-law who carry those wristlet thingies that barely hold a single tissue. I fluctuate between stick a dollar and a card in my right pocket and my phone and a tissue in my left vs. a purse that holds a wallet a comb a lipstick a pair of eyeglasses a pair of sunglasses a phone some crackers some gum my keys an emery board etc etc.

On vacation at the beach, I opt for a fanny pack (oh, shut up!) so I have both hands free. Got into that habit when my two grands were little and wanted to hold my hand(s).

Old 06-12-2017, 02:00 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,287,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post

On vacation at the beach, I opt for a fanny pack (oh, shut up!) so I have both hands free. Got into that habit when my two grands were little and wanted to hold my hand(s).
I love fanny packs! Best "man purse" ever. I also hate not having both hands free, and the FP fits the bill perfectly. And I have little concern over "does this fanny pack make my fanny fat?"

Old 06-12-2017, 02:47 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,276,962 times
For me, old purses hold a little mad money. Stash that cash!

Old 06-12-2017, 02:50 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,685,304 times
I can't even think of why someone would only have 1 purse. Purses are like fashion accessories. You needs different onces to go with different outfits and to meet different needs. I got many and they all have their purpose. The fanny pack still nonsensical to me when there are so many options availble such as a cross bag. I have held more then one kids hand a once wearing a cross bag or any other over the shoulder bag, but if it works for you and your happy with it then no need to change. I just personally dont see the confort of having something wrapped around my waist like that.

Old 06-12-2017, 10:34 PM

30,585 posts, read 24,989,915 times
I got rid of some old purses last year. I donated them. I don't see the need to keep more than a few. But I don't like to change purses. I do have a Baggalini that I use for travel, but otherwise I keep the same purse for a season. It is too much trouble to switch. But I know others who do switch out to enhance their outfits.

My life is quite casual now. I like a nice looking crossbody that has enough pockets. I like Fossil, which are nice enough bags for me.

Old 06-12-2017, 10:37 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,535,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
and each had $20 ... well let's just say I'd have a bundle.

My wife goes through two alternating phases:
  1. "I need a bigger purse. This one won't hold all I need."
  2. "My purse is HUUUGE! I need to buy a smaller one."

And she never discards her purses. But she never reuses them either. Rather than to go back to a previously acceptable purse, they just collect in her closet.

I, on the other hand, have had the same wallet for about twenty years.

Know anybody like us?
Where do you carry your wallet. Handbags are out in the open for everyone to see. They are fashion statements.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:43 PM

10,105 posts, read 19,327,910 times
I must have at least 40-50+ purses, but I usually carry just one, because its too much trouble to transfer all my stuff to another bag My dh calls it my "feedbag".....ok, well...so what? Its one of the Travelon with a thousand little pockets, and zippers, etc....I also have my "church purse" white for spring, summer, black for after Labor Day....guess I'm dating myself.....

Old 06-14-2017, 03:53 PM

20,699 posts, read 19,845,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I can't even think of why someone would only have 1 purse. Purses are like fashion accessories. You needs different onces to go with different outfits and to meet different needs. I got many and they all have their purpose.
I tell you a secret - if you buy a black purse, it goes with all of your outfits.

I only have one. Have it until it looks not good anymore.

OP - she can buy a lot of purses until she is up to the price of your corvette.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty