U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 06:17 PM

4,306 posts, read 2,239,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen963 View Post
I use it for toning and removing makeup.

I don't wear waterproof mascara or eyeliner, and only wear a minimal amount of makeup on most days, so it works well for me.
Yes, it is good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2017, 06:38 PM

10,713 posts, read 19,047,945 times
I use either them (like if I'm traveling, visiting a friend or relative for a quick trip) or micellar water more often but I also wash w/Cetaphil after.

Old 06-12-2017, 06:54 PM

18,847 posts, read 12,465,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
Yes, don't go to sleep in your makeup! You'll end up looking like a panda in the morning!

I like to take my makeup off, using the wipes, as soon as I can, really. I don't sit around with a face full of makeup all night, if I'm just hanging around the house.

I never use a washcloth. What do you do with a damp washcloth afterwards? Do you put it in the wash, or dry it out to use again? I wouldn't fancy using a washcloth a second time, if it had been hanging around, being damp.
I use each washcloth once. I have a stack of white washcloths, bought years ago at Costco, that I use for washing my face. I have discovered the soft minky style washcloth for travel. Those you rinse out and leave to dry for use again the next day.

I never liked tissues on my skin. Tissues are irritating. I do know that not everyone has such irritabe skin as I do. For every day, washcloths work best for skin cleansing for me.

Old 06-13-2017, 11:00 AM

102 posts, read 47,307 times
It depends on the ingredients. When I use the wipes, I usually use Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes in the pink grapefruit scent. Those have more natural ingredients than standard wipes.

Normally though, I remove my makeup with either NYX micellar water on a cotton round, or coconut oil for lip and eye makeup, soap and water for face makeup.

Old 06-13-2017, 01:50 PM

2,197 posts, read 734,123 times
I use wipes sometimes but usually follow it with a lighter cleansing. I like how the wipes remove a lot of the eye makeup first.

Old 06-13-2017, 05:39 PM

26,867 posts, read 28,137,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
I use that as a toner, actually. But I wear waterproof mascara and eyeliner, and it doesn't remove those. So I have to use the wipes for that.
Try the micellar water. It is a cousin to toner but more cleansing. And some remove makeup (even waterproof).

This one is good: Micellar Cleansing Water & Makeup Remover - Garnier SkinActive

Old 06-15-2017, 07:34 AM

9,098 posts, read 3,918,635 times
I use Simple face cleansing wipes for sensitive skin followed by a quick rinse with the washcloth to remove any leftover mascara and then some witch hazel on a cotton round to remove any residue. If I have a lot of eye make-up I use Neutrogena eye make-up remover for sensitive eyes first but for everyday the Simple wipes work fine.

Old 06-15-2017, 07:55 AM

3,836 posts, read 6,606,791 times
I use wipes to remove make up, followed by Lancome's eye makeup remover. If I try anything else, like coconut oil, it gets in my eyes and takes forever to get out. I don't think I use too much but I must do something wrong. It does seem like coconut oil would be better for skin than other removal products.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty