U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 09:17 PM

1,860 posts, read 6,724,807 times

Advertisements

What is the verdict? Is it better to take your makeup off with them before bed than sleep in your makeup?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2017, 09:32 PM

3,836 posts, read 6,608,408 times
It's always better to take your makeup off before going to bed, no matter what you use.

Old 06-11-2017, 10:15 PM

39,051 posts, read 37,695,377 times
Use wipes if you have to in order to get certain kids of makeup off your eyes, etc but it's better to get the wipe residue off with some kind of cleanser, with water being the final step in "removal" process.

Of course you shouldn't leave makeup on your skin overnight.

Old 06-11-2017, 10:21 PM

35,121 posts, read 37,816,014 times
When I was young, less wise and an avid drinker, removing makeup before bed or in the shower the next morning was purely dependent on how drunk I was.
Either way I have never used makeup removal wipes, soap, water and a wash cloth worked well for me.

OP: It is your choice how to complete this task, it is your face, your skin, your products and resources to get stated task completed.

Old 06-12-2017, 08:09 AM

26,875 posts, read 28,154,657 times
Wipes are easy - I get it! I keep a stash of baby wipes, moistened with rose and orange blossom water to use as an option for the face wipes. But I like micellar water better for removing makeup when I am feeling lazy.

Old 06-12-2017, 09:05 AM

18,853 posts, read 12,481,974 times
All I know is that they irritate my skin. Check the ingredient label for irritants to your skin.

Also, the wipes themselves are not as comfortable on my skin as a washcloth. And then there is the disposable issue. Our landfills are already full of other disposable items. It just seems to me that using a gentle cleanser, water and a washcloth is a better choice for facial cleansing.

Old 06-12-2017, 01:51 PM

4,306 posts, read 2,242,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
What is the verdict? Is it better to take your makeup off with them before bed than sleep in your makeup?
Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
It's always better to take your makeup off before going to bed, no matter what you use.
Yes, don't go to sleep in your makeup! You'll end up looking like a panda in the morning!

I like to take my makeup off, using the wipes, as soon as I can, really. I don't sit around with a face full of makeup all night, if I'm just hanging around the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
All I know is that they irritate my skin. Check the ingredient label for irritants to your skin.

Also, the wipes themselves are not as comfortable on my skin as a washcloth. And then there is the disposable issue. Our landfills are already full of other disposable items. It just seems to me that using a gentle cleanser, water and a washcloth is a better choice for facial cleansing.
I never use a washcloth. What do you do with a damp washcloth afterwards? Do you put it in the wash, or dry it out to use again? I wouldn't fancy using a washcloth a second time, if it had been hanging around, being damp.

Old 06-12-2017, 04:59 PM

1,306 posts, read 549,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
I use witch hazel and some disposable cotton face pads to remove my makeup before going to bed.

Old 06-12-2017, 05:30 PM

4,306 posts, read 2,242,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen963 View Post
I use witch hazel and some disposable cotton face pads to remove my makeup before going to bed.
I use that as a toner, actually. But I wear waterproof mascara and eyeliner, and it doesn't remove those. So I have to use the wipes for that.

Old 06-12-2017, 06:02 PM

1,306 posts, read 549,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
I use that as a toner, actually. But I wear waterproof mascara and eyeliner, and it doesn't remove those. So I have to use the wipes for that.
I use it for toning and removing makeup.

I don't wear waterproof mascara or eyeliner, and only wear a minimal amount of makeup on most days, so it works well for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty