U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 05:50 PM

4,649 posts, read 7,216,099 times

Advertisements

It seems that in the Spring 2017 collection, IZOD has put some green contrast on their products in Fairy Tale pink. One of them is the Feeder Stripe Advantage Polo which has green stripes, and another is the Pelican Print Newport Oxford which has green pelican print. That seems to be a perfect spring look.

Also, another shirt in Fairy Tale is the Advantage Non-Iron Gingham, which is a pink and purple gingham print.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2017, 07:42 PM

3,431 posts, read 2,763,375 times
I'm not very sophisticated about these things, but I do understand that wearing black will de-emphasize certain parts of the physique that I may want to play down... so I do tend to wear black, or dark denim, on bottom with a brightly coloured top.

Old 06-17-2017, 12:26 PM

2,653 posts, read 2,124,903 times
I could guess from the topic who started it.

As a man who likes to dress simply, the only rule of contrast I regularly follow (and don't think everyone should follow) is to use color contrast between shirt and pants. (I tend to feel weird about how I look otherwise.) Sometimes I try to remember to contrast items between boring (many pants and shoes) and interesting, because a mix of the two I think best presents me socially.

Old 06-28-2017, 10:41 AM

2,973 posts, read 4,701,846 times
I use contrast in two ways:

1) I like to contrast dressy and casual or grungy. I'll wear ripped up fitted jeans with nice oxfords and a short sleeve button up. Or i'll wear nice chinos but with a fitted tee and chucks. or some worn leather boots, worn in skinny jeans but a nice tailored oxford-collar button-up. or oxfords, chinos, button-up but with a vintage denim jacket instead of a blazer etc. things to dress up casual clothes or slightly dress down nicer clothes - a bit of a west coast vibe. It tends to work really well for me.

2) I use a lot of black and white contrast at times. Lots of black jeans with white tops. Or for example, i have a casual-but-chic penthouse party im going to this weekend, so i bought some white jeans to go with a black oxford button up and white chucks. Picture below is in poor dressing-room lighting, getting a 2nd opinion from my girlfriend the other night, but you get the idea haha.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty